Official Trade Rumors Thread

mafra

Legend
Wojo just tweeted it's a done deal. dMC to NO.

https://mobile.twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/833537296007823361

mafra

Legend
Buddy, Evans, Galloway and 2 picks for DMC.

Evans back in Sactown... lol.

NO has a big 3 in AD, DC, and Holiday.

tiger0330

Legend
And Vlade said they weren't going to trade him a couple of weeks ago. He doesn't pay the bills Vivek does and this was the window of opportunity to trade him. Cuz thought he was going to be a King for life based on Divacs assurances lol.

Bold move by NO and I don't think they gave up too much unless Hield turns into a star. NO isn't done, they have to get rid of Asik or Ajinca and they still have to convince Cuz to re-sign next year.

Broadway

All Star
And Vlade said they weren't going to trade him a couple of weeks ago. He doesn't pay the bills Vivek does and this was the window of opportunity to trade him. Cuz thought he was going to be a King for life based on Divacs assurances lol.

Bold move by NO and I don't think they gave up too much unless Hield turns into a star. NO isn't done, they have to get rid of Asik or Ajinca and they still have to convince Cuz to re-sign next year.

You'd be correct!

mafra

Legend
If he's worse than what we got already than i would pass too. I thought he was a tall guard, athletic, who could play defense? But I haven't seen much of him lately to know...

Playa2

Benchwarmer
What was Vlade Divac thinking ??

The Suns had a a better offer,Virtually Guaranteed they would have gotten 2 better picks out of that deal.
The Kings knocked it back because
a) They aren't trying to win
b) They didn't want knight

The Suns deal was supposedly Knight,Warren,Len, PHX 2017 1st, MIA 2018 1st

mafra

Legend
I think this also establishes the baseline for Melo. Either trade him for cents on the dollar, or only ask BOS for 1 thing: the BKLYN pick for this year.

Don't be greedy and ask for more and don't settle for less. Either take Jaylen Brown or ask for that pick.

Most likely, we wait until summer and try to get a better deal.

tiger0330

Legend
I think this also establishes the baseline for Melo. Either trade him for cents on the dollar, or only ask BOS for 1 thing: the BKLYN pick for this year.

Don't be greedy and ask for more and don't settle for less. Either take Jaylen Brown or ask for that pick.

Most likely, we wait until summer and try to get a better deal.
I think you can scratch Melo going to the Celts if Ainge passed on making a play for Cousins, he was in the position of putting together the best deal and he didn't make a play for a high upside player with baggage.

I doubt he thinks Melo is the missing piece, best bet for the Knicks is that trade for KLove in the off-season esp if the Cavs don't get to the finals or get swept by the Warriors.

Broadway

All Star
I think you can scratch Melo going to the Celts if Ainge passed on making a play for Cousins, he was in the position of putting together the best deal and he didn't make a play for a high upside player with baggage.

I doubt he thinks Melo is the missing piece, best bet for the Knicks is that trade for KLove in the off-season esp if the Cavs don't get to the finals or get swept by the Warriors.

Ha Ha Ha gotta love Mafra

Yeah the C's pick(Nets) likely isn't going anywhere at the deadline and definitely not for Melo. C's targets as of now are Butler/George/Okafor/Gallinari. The pick won't be in play for each of these guys either, maybe a couple. Ainge knows the pick has it's peak value during this summer's draft. Ainge doesn't lose on trades. If he holds on to it until summer he won't trade it for Melo.

Melo's continual talking in the media that he's thinking about his future is bizarre. If his desire to be a Knick is forever, then there should be no war going on in his mind(hence the "no trade clause")... but Marc Spears from Yahoo Sports suggest there is a back and forth with Melo mentally. SAS said today Melo is about his money(which I agree with). He wants his money, I think he's looking for assurance from Dolan possibly publicly(about another deal, ext talk) or he wants a team like Cleveland to step up and make his possible desire to leave palatable and he can still secure his financial aspirations.

Last edited:

paris401

Starter
I don't think the no-trade clause means dick... if he didn't have it, would the floodgates be open? if we accept that at the moment the cavs/Celtics, n paperclips are the players, who else would be stepping up if there was no clause???

Kiyaman

Legend
Cousins to New Orlean Pelicans to partner up alongside Anthony Davis

While Sunday's All-Star Game in New Orleans was playing out, the Kings and Pelicans came to terms on a trade that will send Cousins and swingman Omri Casspi to the All-Star hosts in exchange for Buddy Hield, Tyreke Evans, Langston Galloway, a 2017 first-round pick and a 2017 second-rounder.

The first-round pick that Sacramento will acquire in this fast-moving blockbuster deal is top-three protected in the June draft. That means New Orleans must immediately surrender the pick if it lands at No. 4 or lower.

As a Bigman .. u will now see me rooting for the two big-man teams in the West to win the Western-Conference .. Memphis Grizzles and New Orleans Pelicans

Kiyaman

Legend
I don't think the no-trade clause means dick... if he didn't have it, would the floodgates be open? if we accept that at the moment the cavs/Celtics, n paperclips are the players, who else would be stepping up if there was no clause???

The way things are flying with the Melo No Trade-Clause, and the trading of Melo to the next team .. its more like Dolan has all the say-so in Melo's No Trade-Clause and when Melo get traded, and it dont look like Melo will be traded this season.

Kiyaman

Legend
Kings waive F Barnes as part of Cousins trade
The Kings released Matt Barnes to create roster space for the three players they acquired in the blockbuster trade that sent DeMarcus Cousins to New Orleans.

What playoff team will sign-up a playoff experience Barnes for their run in the playoffs?

tiger0330

Legend
Kings waive F Barnes as part of Cousins trade
The Kings released Matt Barnes to create roster space for the three players they acquired in the blockbuster trade that sent DeMarcus Cousins to New Orleans.

What playoff team will sign-up a playoff experience Barnes for their run in the playoffs?
I thought it was odd when they said Galloway would be waived when he's got a year left on his 11M deal. Barnes was cheaper to let go, someone is going to pick up Barnes.