Official Trade Rumors Thread

tiger0330

Legend
What a mess!!!

The stated reason Griffin is leaving is him and Gilbert could not agree on a vision for the Cavs future. WTF does that even mean, they went to 3 straight finals and one a championship.

I think it was about his contract pure and simple, sure wish Dolan didn't sign that contract extension with PJ. Griffin in NY would be a good hire for the Knicks.

Broadway

All Star
The stated reason Griffin is leaving is him and Gilbert could not agree on a vision for the Cavs future. WTF does that even mean, they went to 3 straight finals and one a championship.

I think it was about his contract pure and simple, sure wish Dolan didn't sign that contract extension with PJ. Griffin in NY would be a good hire for the Knicks.

I'd take Griffin but prefer Hinkie for where we're at now. We need a full blown rebuild, Griffin is more of a take team to next level GM

Broadway

All Star
Wow...not surprised though. So they still haven't mended any fences. I've been saying this isn't going to go well folks. We're not going to be good and #kporzee is somewhat of a diva/crybaby. He could continue being a brat and divisive in nature

mafra

Legend
Wojo tweeted: "Sources: As teams become aware Phil Jackson isn't ruling out possibility of trading Kristaps Porzingis, frenzy of interest is growing today."

Phil might realize a stretch 4 is best player available at 8 (Isaac or big from Arizona).

tiger0330

Legend
The kid is the Knicks most attractive asset on a rookie contract. I imagine the Celts are the most likely trade target with Ainge having traded down and getting an additional first rounder, Boston's #3, Olynyk or Smart and the first they acquired from the Sixers is the minimum I would be looking for.

Use the 3 from the Celts to draft Fox, use your 8 on either a wing or stretch 4 depending on who you get from the Celts. And now you clean house by dealing Melo.

The kid is the Knicks most attractive asset on a rookie contract. I imagine the Celts are the most likely trade target with Ainge having traded down and getting an additional first rounder, Boston's #3, Olynyk or Smart and the first they acquired from the Sixers is the minimum I would be looking for.

Use the 3 from the Celts to draft Fox, use your 8 on either a wing or stretch 4 depending on who you get from the Celts. And now you clean house by dealing Melo.

Who'd you rather have: Porzingis and one out of Ntikilina/DSJ/Monk or Markkanen and one out of Fox/Tatum/Jax?

Broadway

All Star

Your wish may be granted

tiger0330

Legend
This is stupid When was the last time a team made significant leaps/progress by trading away a top young player? NEVER, that's when
You trade him if you can get significant value in return. Smart. Fox, Markkanen, WHG and a possible first in the lottery next year would go a long way to rebuilding the Knicks. A factor to consider is PJ only has 2 years to at least show he's left the franchise in better condition than when he got here, he's got to make some daring moves in his last 2 years to do that.

tiger0330

Legend
Who'd you rather have: Porzingis and one out of Ntikilina/DSJ/Monk or Markkanen and one out of Fox/Tatum/Jax?
Put that way I'd go with Porzingis and one of Ntikilina/DSJ/Monk because Porzingis is proven player with upside but Smart is a hell of a defensive stud if you can talk Ainge into giving him up, I think Olynyk is the sacrificial lamb in this deal though. Plus you get that pick they just acquired from the Sixers. I'd do this deal, just 2 weeks ago we were talking about the Knicks being in the lottery for the forseeable future, a move like this would rejuvenate the franchise and like I said PJ wants to leave the Knicks in better shape than when he got here, I don't think that happens if he doesn't make a major move like this.

mafra

Legend
I would love Fox and kid from Arizona! I would re-sign Rose and watch my back court penetrate at will.

But, the 3rd pick plus a lottery pick next year plus a young player (and maybe even another mid 1st pick) is fair value for both teams.

Heck, Knicks could then trade 3 to SAC for 5 and 10....

Bottom line: Phil's legacy as an executive will most likely be determined by what he does the next month.

Aggressive and bold? Sure... but the emergence of WHG and fact there are KP clones (Isaac, kids from Ari and zaga) at 8.... makes this a smart move!

mafra

Legend
The New York Daily News is reporting that Celtics are one of the teams interested in trading for Kristaps Porzingis.

It is currently unclear just how seriously Phil Jackson and the Knicks are about potentially parting with Porzingis. However, if they are willing to move KP, Boston will certainly be in the mix. The Celtics are one of the few teams that possess the large numbers of assets it would require to complete a blockbuster deal. For what it's worth, Porzingis' brother, Janis, told ESPN on Tuesday that Porzingis wants to remain in New York. "Despite how the Knicks are treating their players, Kris wants to stay in New York," Janis Porzingis said.

Kristaps Porzingis - F - Knicks
Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical is reporting that Knicks president Phil Jackson "isn't ruling out the possibility of trading Kristaps Porzingis," which has resulted in a "frenzy of interest."

On the surface, trading Porzingis would seem to make absolutely no sense for the Knicks. Phil Jackson has stated publicly that he wants to part ways with Carmelo Anthony and commit to a full rebuild. One would assume that any logical rebuilding would center around their 21-year old rising star. Considering his incredible skill set and versatility, Porzingis would seemingly be the ideal cornerstone for the franchise moving forward. Stay tuned, as we will provide updates as they become available.
Source: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter Jun 20 - 11:20 AM

Knicks president Phil Jackson had a dinner meeting with Arizona forward Lauri Markkanen on Monday night in New York.
Markkanen's name had not been attached to the Knicks previously, as president Phil Jackson publically stated that New York was targeting a point guard or a wing in the draft. Shockingly, Adrian Wojnarowski of The Vertical is reporting that the Knicks are considering the possibility of trading Kristaps Porzingis. Thus, the Knicks view Markkanen as a potential replacement should they move Porzingis.

------------------
In order for this to happen.... Phil must acquire quite the haul (being KP is young, his rare skill set, and fact that teams should -- and supposedly are -- bidding for him. And, NYK have to walk away with Josh Jax or Fox).

BOS must surrender a Smart, Rozier type player and 3 picks (2 lottery).