Official Trade Rumors Thread

Broadway

All Star
Rumors about a 3 way with POR HOU NY involving Melo.

Rumor: Blazers, Knicks, Rockets Discussing Trade; Moe Harkless, Meyers Leonard, Ryan Anderson, Carmelo Anthony May Be Involved

https://www.blazersedge.com/2017/7/...-meyers-leonard-ryan-anderson-carmelo-anthony

Awful trade if no picks are involved which is more than likely going to be the result of trading Melo. That's 3yrs of us taking on $20mil of salary, we need cap relief just as much as anything else going forward

I do like Mo Harkless, but he should've been here on a draft day trade

Awful trade if no picks are involved which is more than likely going to be the result of trading Melo. That's 3yrs of us taking on $20mil of salary, we need cap relief just as much as anything else going forward

I do like Mo Harkless, but he should've been here on a draft day trade

Don't worry, for the trade to happen Mills is going to need his cell phone and he left it in his other pants and his other pants are in the room next door and he wasn't planning on going back in there for at least 3 to 6 months.

mafra

Legend
Mills is making his power play to run NYK and what better way than to convince Dolan the only way out of this is to do nothing and stink for 3 years. Sign guys from Ruckers park or YMCA and lose as much as possible.

Mills is thinking that PHil did nothing for 3 years and made 60 mil..... he'll do the same for just 6 mil.

Broadway

All Star
Mills is making his power play to run NYK and what better way than to convince Dolan the only way out of this is to do nothing and stink for 3 years. Sign guys from Ruckers park or YMCA and lose as much as possible.

Mills is thinking that PHil did nothing for 3 years and made 60 mil..... he'll do the same for just 6 mil.

If you go into another updated thread Mills says.....SIKE!!!!

paris401

Starter
This rumor has enough details in it that I'm almost inclined to believe it. Still, the other GMs are going to need smelling salts to wake up Mills and make him participate in anything.

I think they chased PJax out of msg so quickly that he left all his belongings behind.... and mills found his stash....

mafra

Legend
Avery Bradley - G - Celtics
Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN is reporting that the Celtics are trading Avery Bradley to the Pistons in exchange for Marcus Morris.
Source: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter Jul 7 - 10:02 AM

Broadway

All Star
Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN is reporting that the Celtics are trading Avery Bradley to the Pistons in exchange for Marcus Morris.

That's actually a dope trade for both teams. This means KCP is more game the kid I said we should maybe have looked into going after. He will cost major coin but if you're going to gamble he might have been worth it.

Broadway

All Star

Ha Ainge gave up 2nd rd pick, while shaving $3.5mil...just for giggles. Tweet read wrong

Last edited:

mafra

Legend

Ha Ainge got a 2nd rd pick, while shaving $3.5mil...just for giggles

Ainge finally traded a draft pick....

The Pistons are trading Marcus Morris to the Celtics in exchange for Avery Bradley and a future second-round pick.
The Pistons were able to get the better end of this deal, as Boston was forced to clear cap space to sign Gordon Hayward to a max contract. The Celtics have a logjam on the wing and did need to add depth up front, but ideally they needed to add a banger who can board. Morris is a skilled offensive player, but averaged just 4.6 rebounds last season (fewer than Bradley) and has a career rebound rate of just 8.9 percent. It will be tough for Morris (who averaged a career-high 12.7 FG attempts last season) to match his numbers from 2016-17 now that he is in Boston.

NYK waive Plumlee

Broadway

All Star
Ainge finally traded a draft pick....

The Pistons are trading Marcus Morris to the Celtics in exchange for Avery Bradley and a future second-round pick.
The Pistons were able to get the better end of this deal, as Boston was forced to clear cap space to sign Gordon Hayward to a max contract. The Celtics have a logjam on the wing and did need to add depth up front, but ideally they needed to add a banger who can board. Morris is a skilled offensive player, but averaged just 4.6 rebounds last season (fewer than Bradley) and has a career rebound rate of just 8.9 percent. It will be tough for Morris (who averaged a career-high 12.7 FG attempts last season) to match his numbers from 2016-17 now that he is in Boston.

NYK waive Plumlee

Okay yeah "finally" lol...that tweet read wrong and ESPN corrected later. It's a good trade for both teams once again. Pistons are now stuck with deciding on what to pay Bradley or lose him for nothing

Harden gets contract extension to 2023 now that Chris Paul has joined the fold. According to Hoopshype, Morey is now going all-out to make a deal for Melo.

Man, is Mills up for this? Watch Mills get no picks, no young players, and take back a 20 million dollar plus contract that lasts longer than Melo's would have lasted.

tiger0330

Legend
228 million for 6 years is what I read. Take that Curry!

They also might have to pay CP3 one of those super max deals next year though he strikes me like Durant that he would be willing to take less to keep a team together. Pretty sure that State Farm deal pays him a fortune.

mafra

Legend
The Houston Rockets signed guard James Harden to a four-year contract extension for about $160 million Saturday, and now reportedly are turning to their attention to acquiring the Knicks' Carmelo Anthony.

With Harden under contract on his existing deal for another two seasons -- giving him a total six-year deal with $228 million guaranteed -- ESPN reported the Rockets, who earlier this summer acquired guard Chris Paul, will try to get Anthony in their aggressive pursuit of free agents as the Rockets try to make a run at the Golden State Warriors.

One potential roadblock to Anthony going to Houston is Rockets coach Mike D'Antoni. The two did not get along when D'Antoni coached the Knicks

Harden is coming off of his finest season. Moving to point guard for Mike D'Antoni, Harden averaged 29.1 points, an NBA-leading 11.2 assists and 8.1 rebounds and finished second in the MVP race to former Oklahoma City teammate Russell Westbrook.

Harden's do-it-all season helped the Rockets bounce back from a massively disappointing 2015-16 season that collapsed under the weight of chemistry issues with the All-Star guard and big man Dwight Howard. With Howard gone, the Rockets put Harden at the center of everything they do on offense, and it paid off in a major way.

Houston went 55-27 in the regular season and beat Westbrook and the Thunder in the first round of the Western Conference semifinals.

"Houston is home for me," Harden said. "Mr. Alexander has shown he is fully committed to winning and my teammates and I are going to keep putting in the work to get better and compete for the title."

ESPN first reported the contract details.

Harden seemed to run out of gas a bit in their semifinals loss to the San Antonio Spurs, and GM Daryl Morey has worked quickly to get him some help this summer.

Morey traded for All-Star point guard Chris Paul, a bold move that gives the Rockets as talented a backcourt as any team in the league. Morey also signed rugged forward P.J. Tucker to boost the defense and brought Nene back as well.

And he's not done yet.

This mechanics for this extension are new to the NBA in the latest version of the collective bargaining agreement. Harden was named first team All-NBA, making him eligible for a lucrative, four-year "supermax" extension that gives him long-term security and also sends a message to the rest of the league that the Rockets are committed to stability as they try to challenge the Warriors in the West.

Broadway

All Star
I posted this in the THJR thread and looky looky

There will be teams wanting to move some of these recent bad contracts handed out, we took away our ability to take them on. For crying out loud we've recently discussed doing so for with a team like Portland...there will be plenty more to follow.

Take for instance...

Lakers Deng/Brewer/2020 1st/2019 2nd for Lee

Portland any of Mo/Crabbe/Leonard/Turner for a 2019-2020 1st straight up may ask a little more on Turner and Crabbe(Cavs pick too)

Bucks Greg Monroe for 1st or for Lee

The Lakers probably would love to move Deng to ensure they can go for Bron and PG13. We take on about $7-8mil extra future salary for a 1st/2nd We can't do such a deal now by adding THJR because we're over the cap

Yes guys it turned out to not be a good move by Masai handing Carroll that contract but nevertheless when executives make bad moves someone eventually will benefit. This was clearly a salary dump move and Brooklyn just picked up 2 picks by eating a bad contract(which may not be considered that bad by today's standard). This is exactly why I loathe to no end the THJR move...we're going to see more of these.

I bet Masai also moves Valanciunas

Last edited: