Other NBA games and League

Kiyaman

Legend
And Charley Ward was the last first round draft pick to sign a second contract with Knicks. Unbelievably. Almost 20 picks and nobody was worth keeping! That?s some bad drafting.

Mismanagement, and two decades of having the poorest rookie program in the NBA !!!

mafra

Legend
Sounds like Knicks dodged a bullet. RJ might just be?

Too bad we didn?t get Ja? but, Phew!

Williamson's possible issues as a teammate came into public view during this past weekend's All-Star festivities when CJ McCollum said he hasn't spoken to Williamson since he was traded to New Orleans from Portland at the trade deadline.

"I haven't had conversations with him directly. ... I've spoken with some people close to him and look forward to sitting down with him sooner than later," McCollum said Saturday night. "I know about as much as you do right now, but I'm gonna get to the bottom of it."

McCollum told ESPN's Malika Andrews on Tuesday morning that he has since spoken to Williamson.

Redick said Williamson's initial silence toward McCollum is part of a "pattern of behavior."

"This just shows a complete lack of investment in your team, in the organization, in the city," Redick said. "I get that he's hurt and away from the team, but you just traded for one of the 50 best players in the league -- a guy that's supposed to be paired with you. Reach out and say, 'Hello.' This is a pattern of behavior with Zion that we are seeing again and again. I was his teammate, I can describe him as a detached teammate, that is an accurate statement."

This seems like a hatchet job on Zion by Redick.

I bet they won?t be able to find one other person, other than apparently desperate for attention Redick, who will speak badly of Zion?s character. Up to this point, people have only said good things about his attitude.

Redick is setting the stage for doing to Zion the same thing that is done to every player who wants off a ****ty franchise, making him look like the *******. Enough guys have wanted to get the hell out of New Orleans that maybe it?s time for someone to look into what is wrong with how that franchise treats its players.

Just as a follow-up, literally in the last 24 hours, Zion has reached out to McCollum and the two spoke.

Do we get a retraction from ?the teammate judge? JJ Redick? Nice fake news, Redick.

mafra

Legend
To me, IMHO, Zion reaching out to CJ makes him look worse.

JJ didn?t invent the CJ story. That news broke, and JJ simply offered his opinion on it as a color analyst. And athletes new to their media role understand they must have strong opinion or else they won?t stick in their new jobs.

What have we?ve seen from Zion, since the eye roll moment during draft lottery, that he?s invested in NO?

He only contacts CJ bc JJ trashed his lack of leadership? That confirms it! Why not a text since trade happened? It?s that hard to text a dude, welcome?

Same old story. A high profile athlete wants out of a city and out of nowhere a systematic approach to character assassination against that player begins. Of course the ?color analyst? involved has long time ties to the franchise that the player wants to leave.

Zion is a good guy.

Professional sports is all about teenagers getting forced to work for employers who they didn?t choose and suck **** and then some 37-year-old guy who was a lottery pick and never made an all-star team and never even averaged 20 points a game in a single season of his 15 year career bashes you for not sending a text message.

Redick got a DUI in 2006, the year he was drafted, and he?s talking **** about Zion?s character. Holy **** with this guy.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
Irregardless of the source, it wasn?t JJ who started this. He was asked his opinion on the matter, given he subjective experience in that situation.

CP3
AD

NO has to see the writing on the wall? his value will only decrease, from here on until rookie deal expires and he?s free.

I would approach him now? he signs extension or I deal him this summer.

And, Please, stop the narrative about teenage kids getting hurled into an awful system? 30-60 kids, where almost half make hundreds of thousands if not millions?. Sorry they all have to suffer the indignity of playing in MEM or MIN.

Try go working for 8 bucks an hour at some crappy store or something, like
Most teenagers.

Irregardless of the source, it wasn?t JJ who started this. He was asked his opinion on the matter, given he subjective experience in that situation.

CP3
AD

NO has to see the writing on the wall? his value will only decrease, from here on until rookie deal expires and he?s free.

I would approach him now? he signs extension or I deal him this summer.

And, Please, stop the narrative about teenage kids getting hurled into an awful system? 30-60 kids, where almost half make hundreds of thousands if not millions?. Sorry they all have to suffer the indignity of playing in MEM or MIN.

Try go working for 8 bucks an hour at some crappy store or something, like
Most teenagers.

I think we?re sitting on 2 ends of an extreme. As someone who used to work for a lot less than 8 bucks an hour as a teenager, I get what you?re saying.

At the same time, there are undeniably toxic organizations in this league and New Orleans is one of them. Anthony Davis said last year that playing for the Pelicans made him hate basketball.

For what it?s worth, I am specifically saying JJ Redick should go **** off. Let someone other than a 37-year-old Pelicans mouthpiece, who had a 1/10th of Zion?s talent, decide whether Zion is a good teammate or not.

Making a vague comment that something reflects a ?pattern of behavior? is a load of crap. Redick is that involved with Zion? The coach or front office is badmouthing Zion to Redick? Redick is exaggerating for attention because otherwise no one cares what he has to say?

I would take this story differently if it was coming from another source. I felt the same way when all of a sudden Kendrick Perkins was treated like a reliable news source because supposedly he knew what Durant was going to do in free agency.

mafra

Legend
Well, that?s exactly my point.

If it hadn?t already approached it, reached it, or exceeded it? it?s the boiling point.

NO has probably already come to that conclusion, if they?re smart? They probably see CJ and BI, and decided it?s either Zion commits or they deal him?

They probably greenlit JJ?s assault, swing as it means to motivate Zion to commit or give org an out when they trade Zion this summer. TBH, given their relation so far, and his injury history, they?d be wise to deal him now? they can?t risk getting it wrong.

As for Zion. I can?t blame him 1 bit. It was obvious NBA rigged lottery to compensate NO for the loss of AD. Zion had his heart set in saving NYK. I think he?s more ticked off at the rigged system than the system itself.

So, he was never gonna BS and be fake and totally commit to NO for 4-5 years. He was set on leaving since Day 1. Why risk long term injury or push yourself for NO then? Recover at his own pace and develop and be ready to pick where he wants to go when free agency comes. That?s in his right. I applaud him.

JJ was always an arrogant prick. He?s selfish and wanted to use Zion to win while he was there. He didn?t care about him being a teammate.

Who knows about the dynamic between the 2? JJ and Zion obviously crossed paths at Duke?

Zion didn?t want to be their leader. Why should he fake it. He?s a teenage rookie too. Let the men be leaders.

mafra

Legend
Would? NO do a Randle-Obi-IQ-draft picks for Zion?

How crazy would it be to reunite Zion, RJ, Cam.

Pelicans material promoting next season is sans Zion. He?s not part of their marketing plans moving fwd. This tells me they are trading him?

Next year is already year 4? why wait? They present extension or they trade him.

Last edited:

pat

Starter
He's the next Greg Oden. Only that he brought this upon himself. We should stay away from his 300+ pounds.

mafra

Legend
He's the next Greg Oden. Only that he brought this upon himself. We should stay away from his 300+ pounds.

Knicks should avoid him but aren?t in the position to be picky. They need a star. 50/50?a
Motivated axiom can be that for you, even if more of a meteor for 2-4 seasons.

Classic case of buy low. I wouldn?t sell farm? simply wait until he?s a free agent?

Kiyaman

Legend
Would? NO do a Randle-Obi-IQ-draft picks for Zion?

How crazy would it be to reunite Zion, RJ, Cam.

Pelicans material promoting next season is sans Zion. He?s not part of their marketing plans moving fwd. This tells me they are trading him?

Next year is already year 4? why wait? They present extension or they trade him.

Let me see .. Zion Barrett and Cam performance couldn't take Duke to the sweet 16 .. a trio of individual high light players who doesn't have a clue on team-ball WINS in college or the NBA. Their 4th season performance in the NBA showed they are not complimentary teammates for a winning team. Cam's low IQ performance may be the best of the three.

It?s an interesting debate. To me, the real question is are you going to give Zion his rookie max extension which I believe would be somewhere along the lines of 5 years 200 million.

Nuggets gave a guy who was already a known huge injury risk, Michael Porter Jr, his 5 year 200 million dollar extension and so far this year he has played 9 games and averaged 9 points per game.

I just don?t think you can make a trade for Zion because I don?t think you can stomach 4 or 5 years of 35 to 40 million per year on a guy who might play a few games and never be seen again. Not saying that will happen, just saying the chances of it happening are too high for me.

In related news, what is RJ?s value going to be when it?s time to extend him? Love him or hate him, he will have a market in free agency. Just how much will the Knicks offer him to keep him?

Kiyaman

Legend
8 min remain in the 3rd qtr. and Boston have a 79-58 lead over Brooklyn Nets by playing Horford & Williams in a frontcourt lineup to bully they way in the paint for easy inside baskets.

Thibs should've prepared a 6 min defensive frontcourt lineup of MitchRob & Taj Gibson by now in their 2nd season together .. Taj Gibson NBA career has been dynamic as a 2 position forward SF/PF.
Young MitchRob need to exploit his talent next to a real NBA forward. Randle performance are on the wing on offense/and crowding the paint for a defensive-rebound, no blocks, no stops, and no fouls on defense as a PF receiving 40 min a game.
The Randle receiving 48 minute a game at the PF position .. has become a LOTTERY recipe for coach Thibs (No all-star Randle) .. need a better recipe ???

mafra

Legend
Remember Curry and his ankles early in his career? year 1-3? Risking giving him the money

Zion a huge risk?. Huge? Knicks are limited in their options

Word is Plan A involves:

Barring any contract extensions, Karl-Anthony Towns, along with Devin Booker, will be the biggest headliner in the 2024 free agency.

This is the bigger test for Rose and Wes? why they signed up for this. Supposed deal-maker. Knicks might just sit tight 1 more year and then pounce. Aren?t both Kentucky guys?

KAt and Booker sign here and we have all of our young assets? Kaboom

Or those teams trade 1 to Knicks or 2? who knows?

But if we sit tight this free agency, then we know why. Kicking the can for another pipe dream. Do we have the players in the org to make this happen? Bring it to fruition?

mafra

Legend
McCollum has been on fire too, posting first-round value over his last five games with 31.8 points, 5.8 rebounds, 5.2 dimes, 1.4 steals and 3.4 triples

DeRozan had 37 last night

Leon Rose did a bellyflop year 2. His first attempt to construct a roster doesn?t inspire confidence he?ll find success in his next endeavor? but we shall see. Another bad year might mean the 20s will be another lost decade? 2001-2029 gonna be a LONG run of bad basketball, if Leon and Wes screw the team worse next 2 years.

Kiyaman

Legend
After Hardens first game with Doc Rivers, and Nash 10 man rotation wid Kyrie leading the charge against the championship Bucks tonight going down to the wire ....
The ECF would be FIRE .. Brooklyn Nets vs Philly 76ers

Harden gave out 12 Dimes having Embiid & Maxey as partners outscoring the (KAT & DLo) Wolves in all 4 quarters for a 133-102 Win.

Kyrie had the Nets rotation playing team-ball all game to keep up with the high scoring Champion Bucks in a shoot out to the final seconds of the game .. 126-123 Brooklyn.

mafra

Legend
Buzz suggests if Utah is ousted in first round, then Mitchell could be dealt to Knicks for Randle, IQ, Cam and 3 first rounders?.

I believe Mitchell and KAT is the plan?. KAt a free agent after last season?.

Knicks getting a top 8 pick would help

https://fadeawayworld.net/.amp/nba-trade-rumors/nba-rumors-knicks-can-acquire-donovan-mitchell-for-julius-randle-immanuel-quickley-cam-reddish-3-first-round-picks-and-3-second-round-picks