Phil Jackson Puts December Deadline on New York Knicks Growth

Kiyaman

Legend
According to Jackson, the Knicks have until December to show growth in the triangle offense.

Marc Berman of the New York Post reports that Jackson is looking at December as the latest he should see the team showing growth in the triangle offense.

?There?s still quite a ways from their execution capabilities as a team,?? Jackson said. ?This is going to happen, all part of the process. We think in terms of basketball-wise, Thanksgiving, December, it?s time to really say, ?If you haven?t gotten it by now, maybe we?ll have to think of you as a learner or not a learner as a ballplayer at that time.? ??

Some might think that's a bit soon. After all, Thanksgiving is right around the corner. There's a reason why Jackson said that. While everyone else around the country will be stuffing their faces full of turkey and mashed potatoes, executives will begin assessing their rosters and putting in calls to other front offices

Both Phil Jackson and Derek Fisher have preached patients since taking over the New York Knicks. They knew it would take time to get everyone playing together and with the same things in mind after introducing the triangle offense. That being said, eventually the players need to either show something or prepare to find themselves on another roster.

Kiyaman

Legend
What do y'all think?
will Phil trade the player u want traded?
or will he trade the player u didnt want traded?

We all know Phil dont have the power to trade the two players Kiyaman want traded

What do y'all think?
will Phil trade the player u want traded?
or will he trade the player u didnt want traded?

We all know Phil dont have the power to trade the two players Kiyaman want traded

in my opinion, no reason to get too worked about anyone on this roster being traded. Who on our roster can you look at and say 'please don't trade that guy, he is a star waiting to happen!'? We're a bad roster team right now and the only players with real value are the ones with affordable contracts like THJ, Wear, and Acy. As long as PJ doesn't hand away any more draft picks, I'm not sure I'd be bothered by anyone leaving this team. Best case scenario, and I do mean best case, he somehow moves JR's contract. Worst case scenario, he does nothing and we have nothing to talk about until the offseason.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
do you feel that JR is lost in the triangle, he is trying to do all the good things, but he always looks like he doesn't know where he is supposed to go now?? is he low on IQ?

pat

Starter
do you feel that JR is lost in the triangle, he is trying to do all the good things, but he always looks like he doesn't know where he is supposed to go now?? is he low on IQ?

I think that is exactly my point. All instinct no basketball IQ. I cannot speak about his general IQ and quite frankly that is totally unimportant. But he is a instinct driven player and his instinct is scoring. If he is doing that he does not fit into the system, if he is trying to do the right thing, he is just not good enough at it.

paris401

Starter
no body is un-tradable... but JR mite be close... a 2nd/3rd tier team don't want him... they sux already, why sux more... a contending team certainly don't want him f...ing up any chemistry they have/trying to develop...

and what is phil going to do once dec comes and we still sux??? trade who??? and for what??? if we trade our garbage, we are getting other teams trash in return...

come on phil u r getting the big $$$ based on your 'zen' rep... well now , its easy to win when you have teams with names like Michael/shaq/kobe/scottie... not so easy with cole/Pablo/shane/jr... lets see if a great coach makes a great GM...

Paul1355

All Star
According to Jackson, the Knicks have until December to show growth in the triangle offense.

Marc Berman of the New York Post reports that Jackson is looking at December as the latest he should see the team showing growth in the triangle offense.

Both Phil Jackson and Derek Fisher have preached patients since taking over the New York Knicks. They knew it would take time to get everyone playing together and with the same things in mind after introducing the triangle offense. That being said, eventually the players need to either show something or prepare to find themselves on another roster.

Kiya- good find.

This article proves that Jackson is eyeing that Dec 15 date to start sending out feelers. Namely all the shooting guards are probably on that list.

Add Amare since he is in his last year, eventhough he has been one of the few guys with some damn toughness on this pathetic team.

Moves will be made and soon.

Paul1355

All Star
no body is un-tradable... but JR mite be close... a 2nd/3rd tier team don't want him... they sux already, why sux more... a contending team certainly don't want him f...ing up any chemistry they have/trying to develop...

and what is phil going to do once dec comes and we still sux??? trade who??? and for what??? if we trade our garbage, we are getting other teams trash in return...

come on phil u r getting the big $$$ based on your 'zen' rep... well now , its easy to win when you have teams with names like Michael/shaq/kobe/scottie... not so easy with cole/Pablo/shane/jr... lets see if a great coach makes a great GM...

A team already tanking might want him...Philly? Charlotte? LA? Who knows but everyone knows the talent is there. I don't believe JR is untradeable, if he was aging and knees breaking down then yes I would agree. But teams will take a guy like JR and hope they can get the best out of him and his best is elite.