Rafer Alston coming back home?

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Nate is pretty efficient and should be a starter IMO...Duhon stinks.
But if we want to be competitive, we need a PG who can average 15+ and 8+ assist.

if we combined Robinson/Duhon, we'll almost have the best PG in the NBA, except for the fact neither mastered the pick and roll.

Metro, I soooooo disagree with you! Duhon just lost his legs during the season because he was not used to playing that much time. If he did anything to improve his conditioning, he will surprise a lot of people this year and show that he is ready to be a starter. Up until he lost his legs, he was doing so much for the team. Also, a pg is only as good as his surrounding players. A good-great pg can take good players and help to elevate their game. Duhon deserves a shot this season!!! We need a good second to back him and then use this season to see what these guys can offer. This season is a bust, the only goal is not to tank so bad that we end up giving Utah a lottery pick! Except for that, we just need to have our young players take the next step and get our new guys acclimated with Mike D's system and see if they can hang! Stay the course and make our run at the best free agent pool in the history of the NBA.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Metro
Also, Nate is a change of pace guy off the bench AT BEST! He is too much of a cowboy and not enough of a team player. I love Nate and his energy. I saw him play live many times and he is fun to watch but he is a selfish player and Larry Brown put it best when he said that Nate tries to hard to be a human highlite machine. Nate is a 7th man period.

portega1968

El Cacique
skip to my lou in orange and blue? i call that destiny.

IMO, I'd be happy if he were a Knick for one-year... I think he would fit well with the players we have and allow us to give Duhon plenty of rest with Nate playing more 2guard.

Toney Douglas is a nice rookie, but I just don't see him worthy of significant minutes this season... he desnt look like a longterm solution in our backcourt.

metrocard

Legend
Metro, I soooooo disagree with you! Duhon just lost his legs during the season because he was not used to playing that much time. If he did anything to improve his conditioning, he will surprise a lot of people this year and show that he is ready to be a starter. Up until he lost his legs, he was doing so much for the team. Also, a pg is only as good as his surrounding players. A good-great pg can take good players and help to elevate their game. Duhon deserves a shot this season!!! We need a good second to back him and then use this season to see what these guys can offer. This season is a bust, the only goal is not to tank so bad that we end up giving Utah a lottery pick! Except for that, we just need to have our young players take the next step and get our new guys acclimated with Mike D's system and see if they can hang! Stay the course and make our run at the best free agent pool in the history of the NBA.

Duhon is too robotic.
Duhon is too limited.
Duhon isn't creative.
Duhon is MAD predictable
Duhon is not fast
Duhon doesn't have a great handle
Duhon is poor at pentrating or keeping his dribble.
Duhon's defense is overrated, Nate has his impact on defense also.
Duhon sucks off the pick and roll, even Marbury was better.
Duhon's passing is limited. 7-8 assist in this system is pretty average.

Hughes can pass pretty well....4-5 assist per game.
Nate is good for 6 assist per game plus 20 ppg scorer...he's more efficient. Duhon belongs on the bench. Nate is our 2nd best player

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Duhon is too robotic.
Duhon is too limited.
Duhon isn't creative.
Duhon is MAD predictable
Duhon is not fast
Duhon doesn't have a great handle
Duhon is poor at pentrating or keeping his dribble.
Duhon's defense is overrated, Nate has his impact on defense also.
Duhon sucks off the pick and roll, even Marbury was better.
Duhon's passing is limited. 7-8 assist in this system is pretty average.
I somewhat agree with this, but Duhan had a low turn over average, it's usually safe in his hands.He also made a clutch drive and shot to help us beat the Bulls.

He has good range and doesn't shoot too much.

But yeah, Nate should be the starting PG.He's paced himself nicely before.I don't like the thinking of he needs to be the spark off the bench when this guy has so much energy for such a long period of time.

metrocard

Legend
I somewhat agree with this, but Duhan had a low turn over average, it's usually safe in his hands.He also made a clutch drive and shot to help us beat the Bulls.

He has good range and doesn't shoot too much.

But yeah, Nate should be the starting PG.He's paced himself nicely before.I don't like the thinking of he needs to be the spark off the bench when this guy has so much energy for such a long period of time.

Yo hometheaterguy... I'm really happy for you, I'mma let you finish, but RunningJumper had one of the best replies of all time. One of the best replies of all time!

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
No need for Rafer. Let's be honest he's a good point guard and past his prime but why pick him up when we can develop Douglas. Rafer would be a short term pick up. I also agree that Duhon is a safe guard to have on the court. He fell off during the second half of the season because he never played that big of a role on a team before. Now he knows whats needed of him. We also have Nate that can play the role when needed. So thanks but no thanks.