Randolph Morris Looks Soft (Sorry Kiyaman)

What do you think of Randolph Morris?

• Hes soft, not even a backup (D-League)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • He'll make a good backup pf/c

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • Hes good enough to start someday

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • He will be a great player

• Im not sure

• Hes still young, give him more time you little prick

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Maybe a 3rd string center, garbage minutes

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • He should look for a new career

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
God Damm MSG your such a touchy little girl when people mention bum ass Marbury. "Why you gotta take a cheap shot at Marbury" seriously dude move on he sucks and he is Selfish Millionaire. Pretty sure every player in the NBA is a selfish millionaire.

And Kiya you make no sense. The way you talk you want the Knicks to have a 12 man rotation. There's not enough minutes for everybody to get playing time. Mardy was given an opportunity eary in the seaon (andyes it was a quick opportunity) and he was MR. Turnover.

If Randolph Morris isnt playing hard when he has a contract on the line is he really somebody you want to keep on this team anyway?

And MSG between your Marbury tears check out Hoopshype it says Telfair has interest in the Knicks.

Marbury doesnt suck, even Steve Nash admitted Marbury could take him 1-on-1. Telfair would be a great addition to the Knicks, he did a good job of moving the ball around considering he didnt have too many options, f*ck outta here getrealistic.

I think if only we had kept D Nichols, that kids a future all-star.

Kiyaman

Legend
I have to disagree with Kiyaman about Randolph Morris not playing his hardest, although you brought up legitamate reasons for him to slack off his contract expires which means hes looking for more money, its hard to believe a player would worry about injuries, hold a grudge against their bad coach, and player to a lower ability then their capable of when they are looking to make more money the following year. Since when do players not care about money?

Randolph Morris is not holding out for money, he is on his Agent case to get an offer from a team that is willing to give him a chance at getting some playingtime nextseason as a backup center or PF so he could establish himself as an NBA player. The Isiah Thomas so-call "Zach & Curry" tandem did not give Morris any playingtime at all this season.
What coach this season only played 3 Bigmen throughout the entire season?

This season alone "Morris & Balkman" (defensive chemistry) would've done a better job than Jefferies, Malik, and Jones off the bench.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
This season alone "Morris & Balkman" (defensive chemistry) would've done a better job than Jefferies, Malik, and Jones off the bench.

As far as Morris tankin it, i agree to disagree. As for what I quoted you mite be right, but theres no way to prove it. Jeffries at times looked sharp on defense, but most the time he looked like a bum. Theres nothin that convinces me about Morris's defense, he seems to have some potential to become a serviceable backup at best.

Kiyaman

Legend
I forgot to say this in my little rant. Morris projects to be a serviceable backup center in the league. I don't really see anymore from him. There are plenty of worse backup centers. And maybe with a new coaching staff he could gain some toughness.

Its obvious along with a new coaching staff we need a new strength and conditioning coach.

Now this I have to agree with 100% especially about our poor coaching-staff and nonexisting conditioning-coach.

Am I the only one who thought that we would've seen "James & Zach" or "Morris & Zach" on the court together this season?

Watching the Knicks Summer League team in the offseason I even imagine Knick lineups of "Marbury, D.Nichols, Balkman, Zach, and Morris" in the regular season.

The Knicks coaching-staff did nothing about the Knicks poor Defense this entire season. This team has to be the Knicks worst defensive effort in the history of this Knick Team.

Now this I have to agree with 100% especially about our poor coaching-staff and nonexisting conditioning-coach.

Am I the only one who thought that we would've seen "James & Zach" or "Morris & Zach" on the court together this season?

Watching the Knicks Summer League team in the offseason I even imagine Knick lineups of "Marbury, D.Nichols, Balkman, Zach, and Morris" in the regular season.

The Knicks coaching-staff did nothing about the Knicks poor Defense this entire season. This team has to be the Knicks worst defensive effort in the history of this Knick Team.

I have to beleive isiah will straighten things out, he seems confidant.

Kiyaman

Legend
This Thread was made after watching the Knicks vs T.Wolves Game.
The T.Wolves scored 94 points after three (3) quarters.
Who is the Knicks defensive-coach and their defensive-leader on the court?

The Knicks had all their best veteran defensive players in this T-Wolves game.
Malik Rose, Jefferies, and Fred Jones, and their poor Leadership as defensive NBA players did nothing to help or communicate with the Knicks three young defensive players in Collins, Balkman, and Morris whom also was in the rotation.

Having a defensive lineup of players for the remainder of the season and the only defensive setup play that is being used is just Zone-Defense with:
C-Morris, PF/SF-Malik, PF/SF-Balkman, SF/SG-Jefferies, SG-Jones, PG-Collins, add two scorers (SG-Crawford & SF-Chandler) to this lineup with an offensive playbook that give the scorers 15 shots each in the game, while your main outlook is on the various defensive plays players to keep the oposition scoring to 93 points per game. That was the old Knicks strategy from the 1970's to 1990's.

Or should we put this blame or this defensive-problem the Knicks have on?
A) the defensive coach
B) the defensive leading player
C) the entire rotation of players
D) the entire coaching-staff because it existed throughout the entire 2007-8 season???

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
This thread was made at 11:11 am ET, my opinion was formed from the last couple of games, not just last night. The blame has to go to the entire team.

Kiyaman

Legend
Team meaning players and coach or just players?

In the Grizzles game Morris only got playingtime in the first and last quarter 12 minutes each.
In the T.Wolves game Morris only got playingtime in the first and last quarter too, 3 minutes in the first and 12 minutes in the last quarter.
Like I said the T.Wolves scored 94 points in the first 3 quarters which Morris only played 3 minutes of.
Did someone say TANKING....

Team meaning players and coach or just players?

In the Grizzles game Morris only got playingtime in the first and last quarter 12 minutes each.
In the T.Wolves game Morris only got playingtime in the first and last quarter too, 3 minutes in the first and 12 minutes in the last quarter.
Like I said the T.Wolves scored 94 points in the first 3 quarters which Morris only played 3 minutes of.
Did someone say TANKING....

Its the entire team and coaching staff excluding Isiah Thomas. Stephen A. Smith is right, you cannot blame Isiah for the team not showing up. He has assembled a talented team that does not show up. He will make the right moves this offseason and the Knicks will be back in the playoffs next year. I will be very dissapointed if he gets fired.

Morris has not looked good but I think he will be a starter someday, Isiah knows talent.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
These discussions can be entertaining, but they never get to the core problem for the Knicks. In order to be solid playoff team with some hope of winning the championship, you need 3 All-Star caliber players or 1 Super-Star caliber player (Koby, LeBron) and one other All Star caliber player. Then you fill out the rest of the spots with role players that compliment the stars.

Just look at the top teams and you'll see what I mean. It's almost always that way.

When you look at the Knicks, all they have is role players. They may have a few very good role players, but they are not the kind of guys you could consider All Star caliber because they have at least one significant flaw (bad defense, bad decision making, very poor outside shooting, very disruptive etc...)

The truth is, coming into this year the season was highly dependent on at least a couple of our young guys improving their games and eliminating some of their weaknesses. However, no one improved much at all. Even Robinson (who is probably most improved) hasn't developed that much. Most of his improved stats are a function of more minutes and a bigger role.

Unfortunately, the Knicks are still 3 All Star players away from being a top team. We have a terrible team.

Hopefully, if they tank the season badly enough they can get one potential All Star in the draft. Maybe they can then trade a few players (Randolph plus some young guys) to bring someone else of that caliber in. But IMO, that's the best case scenario. That will still make us 1 player short of a top team. Plus, even if we are lucky enough to get an All-Star caliber player in the draft this year, it's still going to take a couple of years for him to develop. It's a long road from where we are now to where we want to be.

All we can do is hope that we get a management team and coach that understands what it takes to win.

We need to get rid of bad value contracts, bring in expiring contracts, focus on youth and player development, get rid of disruptive personalities etc... and build slowly in the right direction one step at a time.

Last edited: