Randolph Showing Signs Of Benchitis.

tiger0330

Legend
Interesting to watch: Randolph's body language during timeouts and huddles.

I noticed it one game, I don't remember which, where rather than listen to the huddle and what was going on, he kept looking at the camera away from the huddle. I never see him looking engrossed in the game and the conversation in the huddle. I can't be the only one that has noticed it.

I want Randolph to get a shot, I hope for his sake he is attached to Amare at the hip and he is learning everything there is to learn about the system and how to be a prop player and the right thing to do. If he takes this opportunity to learn and soak up any experience he can muster with the best PF in the league right now on his squad, he will get his chance soon.

I think in the right system he can be a very good player. Certainly a better player than Bender. He does have to get that 10 cent brain on track though.

I'm still shocked this acquisition didn't work out. I may have been in the minority, but was pretty pumped when they got him.
You know I hear this a lot that AR is not in the right system, what system is right for him? He doesn't seem to be patient, so is playing on a veteran squad where his PT is minimal but he is learning from vets like Stat and Turiaf best for him or is playing for a bad team like the Warriors or the Clippers where there is a chance to get a lot of minutes because teams like that are playing for the future. It bothers me that he had a golden opportunity both here in NY and in Oakland to win a spot and he didn't, I think you blame Randolph for that not Nelson or D'Antoni.

KingCharles34

All Star
Mike D's system should be perfect for Randolph...I personally think part of it is that he hasnt fully recovered from injuries last year? Maybe? I dont know, i cant figure it out. He looked like one of the worst players on any team in preseason.

This reminds me of last year when Duhon was gettin big minutes and Nate wasnt gettin any minutes at all. Its not that i thought nate was a bad player or anything, I just couldnt figure out why Mike D was giving Duhon so many minutes when we woulda been better off with Nate, or anybody for that matter.

Its a little bit different, but why exactly does Mozgov get minutes? For the most part he does nothing at all, he'll block some shots sometimes. If I was the coach i would try benching the Gov and giving those minutes to Randolph. It might not help but I dont think it would hurt.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Anthony Randolph will be fine.

He just needs to put on 20 lbs and stop shooting so many jumpers. He's a good rebounder, defender, and athletic player around the basket. He was hurt for most of last year and has barely played this year. He just needs time to develop.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Anthony Randolph is a player that when all is said and done he will have a Jonathan Bender type of career.His career so far in the NBA is living proof that it takes more than physical talent to succeed in professional sports.It is evident that his mind was, is and will never be NBA ready.Him and Eddy Curry should take a flight to North East Asia and stay there for a while.I'm surprised that teams are willing to give the Knicks a first round pick for this guy.I know he's a fan favorite on this forum but I don't think he is worth a box of cornflakes right now.

Nah Bro, Bender was way smarter than AR. His career was killed my injuries, but he could play in the league when he was right.

AR is just a basket-case.. Your right tho about the NBA game. As I've said before it's 75% mental. Dumb players stand out quick and end up benched even quicker.

KBlack25

Starter
Anthony Randolph will be fine.

He just needs to put on 20 lbs and stop shooting so many jumpers. He's a good rebounder, defender, and athletic player around the basket. He was hurt for most of last year and has barely played this year. He just needs time to develop.

Surprised to see this coming from you after you bashed Gallo last year when he was the same age as Randolph is now, not buying that he needed time to develop...

:)

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
^

Word.. Sounds like Bias. I shouldn't talk tho.

Atleast w Gallo he's shown the kinda viability you want to see from a young player adjusting to the league..

Randolph just looks like a ghey back-up dancer, consistently.

iJoe

Rotation player
Just hope that Randolph doesn't turn into Stromile Swift 2.0!

Sir Charles stated it the best " man, that boy can run and jump. So can a deer. But I'd never put a deer in a game."