Reason you are a Knicks fan ?

New New York

Quiet Storm
I got so pissed when the Nets made the 2003 finals. A lot of people I knew stopped wearing their Sprewell, Ewing, and Houston jerseys and started wearing Kidd jerseys.

What was worst was in 99 when I was a freshman in college The Knicks had made it to The Finals as an 8th seed and now people started claiming The Knicks. I honestly got into a fight with a cat over that!

Did not have anything to go to, was getting in trouble allot would of wound up in jail if it had not been for my love of playing basketball which allowed me to eventually play college basketball. Dad took me to a knicks versus indiana pacers game in 92-93 Knicks won the game and starks lit up Reggie. I didnt know who they were at the time I was 12 years old. But I have been die hard ever since. Helped me fall in love with the game that changed my life

paris401

Starter
Did not have anything to go to, was getting in trouble allot would of wound up in jail if it had not been for my love of playing basketball which allowed me to eventually play college basketball. Dad took me to a knicks versus indiana pacers game in 92-93 Knicks won the game and starks lit up Reggie. I didnt know who they were at the time I was 12 years old. But I have been die hard ever since. Helped me fall in love with the game that changed my life

thanks god u were turned around by the early 90 knicks... just imagine if u 12 today, and your dad takes u to a game... u mite just go home and shoot him... and the jury mite find u innocent...cruel and inhumane treatment of a minor...

KingCharles34

All Star
this might be the worst knicks team i have seen...i have watched more of other teams then i have of them, im only watchin the game 2nite because i dont work tomorrow, im drinkin a 40 ounce of st ides and watching the return of our useless center eddy curry.

With that being said, no matter what im a knicks fan for life. I been reppin them since 94 when i was 7 years old, when we went to the finals and played the Rockets. I hate people that change their favorite team. Anyone thats a knicks fan right now deserves their respect, through everything we have proven to be the most loyal fans.

Hi all,

Some help and advice related to the topic, if possible please.

Myself and two colleagues will be visiting NY for a week to meet a number of pro/semi pro sporting organisations. We work for Wigan Warriors a professional Rugby League Club based in England. The purpose of our visit is to learn from the clubs we meet in the areas of ticket sales, marketing, event presentation and general commercial activities.

We will be attending the Knicks v Phoenix game on 1st Dec. We want to see what a Knicks match day entails and learn what your fans like/dislike about the whole experience.

Are there any suggestions on where to go pre and post match? Are there any fans groups that would be willing to meet up to share experiences?

If you can help please post a response or send me a private mail.

Many thanks

Paul MacLeod

Direct Marketing Executive
Wigan Warriors Rugby League Club (www.wiganwarriors.com) <!-- / message -->

I've pondered this question for a long time. I live in a shitty seaside village in England where the only basketball player and team is Jordan and the Bulls.
I'm 27 and have loved basketball ever since I saw a giant of a man in a blue jersey playing in front of a crowd that worshiped him battle against Hakeem in the nba finals. That man was Patrick Ewing, and the team was the New York Knickerbockers! Man, that whole team was so ****in' wired!! Mason, Oak, Ewing and Starks instantly became my heroes. It also has something to do with hip-hop, in my teens I used to scratch and my mate used to emcee, and we were bang into the New York sound of the nineties, Preemo, Biggie, Jeru, Gangstarr etc. Now its a way of life:peace::peace:

p0nder

Starter
Because I suffered this friggin' long and if i switched teams now, they'd probably go off for a run at the title. And after they won patrick ewing would come by in a limo and hop out and bitch slap me.

For real tho i'm from canada and i've been a knicks fan as long as i can remember. Ewing was drafted in '85 the same year i was born and i've been a fan of his knicks. Especially his classic games against the likes of hakim and d. robinson... I was excited for spreewell and houston, but they left me disappointed... then i was really excited for starburry which went pretty much as bad as it could....

then they brought in donnie walsh... And I said, man if that guy can put together a bunch of bum's like the pacers for deep playoff runs and titles then imagine what he could do in NY??? I am a believer in Donnie and the knicks and I'll never EVER EVER SWITCH! KNICKS FOR LIFE YO!

I had a friend back in Elementary school who loved the Knicks and during the season he would always talk about them and all my other classmates were front runners and only liked teams who kept on making it far in the play-offs...He would just get so much shit from them and so one day I decided to get on his side and support the Knicks...Looking back now I kinda didn?t wish I took his side because our team has been sucking this decade lol, but I know things will get better soon...There are always times when once big teams take a hard fall and never seem to win anymore, but starting next season we will start to get back to the top...

Forca Knicks (By the way Forca is a Portuguese word meaning GO! lol)

Kiyaman

Legend
Born and raised on Papa & Granpapa Knick, almost crossed over with my Big-Uncle and High School coach to the ABA, but in 1976 the ABA joined the NBA.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
My Dad was a life long fan, so I grew up in a hard core Knicks house...I started watching in the early 80's, those were some bad teams, with guys like Louie Orr, Bill Cartwright, Darrell Walker, Rory Sparrow...But Bernard King was the Man!!! I don't care if Lebron signs with us next year, there's only one King...:gony: