Ridnour to the Knicks rumor. Who would you trade?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I would trade Eddy Curry for Ratliff and a pick, but not Randolph. Unlike Curry, Randolph has shown he's a mutli-dimensional player. He's not a good defender and he's greedy with the ball, but he can still shoot perimeter jumpers, he can post up, he can rebound, and he's good at knocking down shots in the clutch.In Portland, he had a few game winners and buzzer beaters, and he's also hit some big shots with the Knicks. EX:-he hit a big shot against the heat, and big points against New Jersey.I think Curry still needs a chance to play with Randolph, because he still has potential, but if Isiah trades anybody, Curry definitely has to be the top choice.I like your thinking, nyk knicks126,but why trade Randolph if he's playing better than Curry and he's our top rebounder and 2nd lead scorer?And he has more playoff experience than Curry, too.

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
oh yea .. i am sure that bird is sitting in his office, just waiting for his buddy isiah to call..

lol yea arent they best friends? Bird would probably even hook us up with a draft pick or sumthin.

I would trade Eddy Curry for Ratliff and a pick, but not Randolph. Unlike Curry, Randolph has shown he's a mutli-dimensional player. He's not a good defender and he's greedy with the ball, but he can still shoot perimeter jumpers, he can post up, he can rebound, and he's good at knocking down shots in the clutch.In Portland, he had a few game winners and buzzer beaters, and he's also hit some big shots with the Knicks. EX:-he hit a big shot against the heat, and big points against New Jersey.I think Curry still needs a chance to play with Randolph, because he still has potential, but if Isiah trades anybody, Curry definitely has to be the top choice.

Its been said several times that Randolph actually loves playing basketball. I question Currys love for the sport of basketball, actually i doubt it. Hes just playin cuz hes big and he'll get paid enough money to get whatever he wants whenever he wants from Burger King. No question about it, this + what you said = trade Curry first. Zach might be a keeper depending on who we can get to play next to him.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I agree.Curry is a good low post player, but he has nothing else.I said this is another thread,and I will say it again. Unless he plays with a hall of famer, Curry will always hinder the Knicks from winning, because he has poor defense, poor rebounding, and he can only score off alley oops and post up moves.I'd rather keep Randolph, because at least he's improved in Portland, and he has the right attitude.Curry has done everything but improve. His scoring, rebounding, and defense has not improved at all.He did it somewhat last year, and then he lost it completely this year. I see no signs of improvement with him.It's a shame,too,cause he was a top 5 best Center last year. This year, I'd hesitate to put him in the top 10.Unfortunately, he cares more about Burgerking's new Quadstacker than playing basketball.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
What about Curry to Charlotte for Okafur and Matt Carrol? With this trade we would be taking Carrol's bad contract but get Okafur in return (who is rumored to be unhappy in Charlotte and wants to leave).

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Getting Okafor could help the Knicks on defense.I don't think the Bobcats would go for that deal, but Michael Jordan has made some bad decisions, as GM of the Wizards and Bobcats.They might go for it, but I doubt it.The Bobcats want to make the playoffs now, and Curry is still a work in progress, despite playing his SEVENTH year.It all depends on if the Bobcats want to give Curry more time to develop.I think they don't, but it's up to 6x champion
Michael Jordan to decide that.

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
We dont need Ridnour.. Because Derrick Rose is the savior of the Knicks. Look at the picture.

image.php

paris401

Starter
we'll probably win just enough to avoid the lottery.. hey maybe we can re-draft fredric weis.. i think he's still around...

GetRealistic

Starter
Minnesota is NEVER and i repeat NEVER going to trade a top 3 pick for Randolph, not to mention the fact that Ratliff is a huge bargaining chip the Wolves have. His massive expiring contract could land them a nice player, and lets face it Zach ain't a nice player.

I semi agree with Don Chris's trade but the same goes for Seattle there a young team with a few solid rookies the last thing they'd want is ZBo on there team. Unfortunately the only way to pawn of Randolph is to take back a bad contract or to put a guy like Lee in the deal and then maybe the other team would bite.

paris401

Starter
Minnesota is NEVER and i repeat NEVER going to trade a top 3 pick for Randolph, not to mention the fact that Ratliff is a huge bargaining chip the Wolves have. His massive expiring contract could land them a nice player, and lets face it Zach ain't a nice player.

I semi agree with Don Chris's trade but the same goes for Seattle there a young team with a few solid rookies the last thing they'd want is ZBo on there team. Unfortunately the only way to pawn of Randolph is to take back a bad contract or to put a guy like Lee in the deal and then maybe the other team would bite.

i agreeee... portland gives us the black-hole for free.. and now months later he has value... he has 'no' value... zero...nada..zilch...

isiah can pound zach and his 45m contract far/far up his ass..

metrocard

Legend
i agreeee... portland gives us the black-hole for free.. and now months later he has value... he has 'no' value... zero...nada..zilch...

isiah can pound zach and his 45m contract far/far up his ass..

I would love to slap the hell out of the pendejos who thought the Randolph deal would make us a "better" team. Damn fools always get tricked into Isiah's method of overrating losing talent.

paris401

Starter
I would love to slap the hell out of the pendejos who thought the Randolph deal would make us a "better" team. Damn fools always get tricked into Isiah's method of overrating losing talent.

i'm getting out of your way cause i thought when IT did the deal i thought he stole portland's gm's lunch money... boy was i wrong..

Toons

is the Bo$$
zach is overpaid....in no way is he overrated....he still is 20 times better than channing frye..

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Randolph is in injured beast. He can ball and score damn near any where he wants but he's injured because he plays with a team that doesn't care if they win or lose. His moral is low. Hate him or love him Thomas has an incredible eye for talent. He just doesn't know how to put it together. Thomas' only mistake was not immediately shopping Curry.

If reports are true, and I say that cautiously, then both Randolph and Curry want out. The good thing is we have David Lee so we can do with out ether one of them. We just need a Center in the place of Curry. Thomas should be blowing up John Paxton's phone to convince Chicago to take Curry back.

Curry/Rose for B.Wallace
Randolph for Szczerbiak/Ridnour
Sign Artest for 5yrs 30 mill.

Knicks

Ridnour
Crawford/Szczerbiak
Artest
Lee
Wallace

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I agree, I dont think Randolph cares about his conditioning and his on court play because of the rest of the team. Ill give Randolph alot of credit in terms of his talent. YOu take the athletic ability away from alot of players in this league and they'll only be a fraction of what they were. Zach doesnt have a vertical leap, even David Lee gets up higher then him. Zachs got more skill then most players. Im goin more by what he did last year, scoring 23pts and grabbing 10rbs. Its impressive that he can put up numbers like this and I think if he wanted to he can be arite on defense but the problem with Zach is upstairs. He doesnt care about winning with this team (cant blame him), but hes selfish, turnover prone, and a ball hog. Bein a ball hog and selfish area the same thing but it needs to be stressed. He shoots against double and triple teams, how many other players can you name that do this? I can think of one, Crawford. Puttin Zach on a balanced team with a defensive minded center would be the ideal situation for him. The Knicks are the worst team for him.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The only trade Isiah Thomas tricked me into thinking was good,since being GM,and I'm ashamed to say it(lol) was the Steve Francis trade,cause I didn't know he was gonna get injured so much, on the Knicks.But I knew the Randolph deal was no good.Randolph has no defense.But now that the Knicks traded for him, I'd actually prefer for him to stay and Curry to go.Curry has only one strength, his low post play.Randolph can shoot jump shots,post up, shoot free throws,make big shots down the stretch, and rebound.His defense sucks, but he's still better than Curry, who is as 1 dimensional as they come.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Randolph is in injured beast. He can ball and score damn near any where he wants but he's injured because he plays with a team that doesn't care if they win or lose. His moral is low. Hate him or love him Thomas has an incredible eye for talent. He just doesn't know how to put it together. Thomas' only mistake was not immediately shopping Curry.

If reports are true, and I say that cautiously, then both Randolph and Curry want out. The good thing is we have David Lee so we can do with out ether one of them. We just need a Center in the place of Curry. Thomas should be blowing up John Paxton's phone to convince Chicago to take Curry back.

Curry/Rose for B.Wallace
Randolph for Szczerbiak/Ridnour
Sign Artest for 5yrs 30 mill.

Knicks

Ridnour
Crawford/Szczerbiak
Artest
Lee
Wallace
I'd love for Curry to be traded, but not for Ben Wallace.Ben Wallace makes about 14.5 million dollars a year.If the Knicks trade Curry, they should trade for someone who has an expiring contract, or that at least makes around Curry's salary.Wallace makes over 5 million dollars more than Curry does.And why would we want Wally Szczerbiak and Luke Ridnour on the Knicks?Their defense sucks, and it would make the team even easier to score against than it already is.And as much as I'd like Artest on the Knicks, the Knicks know very well they will have to give him at least 9 million a year, if he's coming to New York.Why would he take a 5 year 30 million dollar deal, if he currently makes 7.8 million a year?Plus, that's the same contract Jerome James and Jared Jeffries have.I doubt he would like to make the same money as those two washed up players.Your trade ideas aren't that bad, but you have to also look at salary cap.Why would you trade for Wally Sczczerbiak, when he makes over 10 million a year?If you make 10 million a year, the last thing I'd want is to use you as a bench player.Acquiring Sczczerbiak would be a complete waste of money.And Ben Wallace would completely destroy our salary cap to the point of no return.
And by the Way,Ben Wallace is going to make 16 million next year, and 18 million, the year after that.

Last edited:

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
See Ridnour is not the answer. He is not a defender, and thats what we need, a defender, a leader, and a player that makes everyone else better around them.. Does Ridnour have these characteristics? no.. So why trade for another scrub..

If we are talking about point guards here I am going to go with Jose Calderon. That guy has some forms of leadership (stilling getting there), Makes players much better around him, and can steal the basketball once in a while. This guy is a great basketball player.
Calderon>Robinson I still like Nate but clearly doesn't have what Calderon has.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
I'd love for Curry to be traded, but not for Ben Wallace.Ben Wallace makes about 14.5 million dollars a year.If the Knicks trade Curry, they should trade for someone who has an expiring contract, or that at least makes around Curry's salary.Wallace makes over 5 million dollars more than Curry does.And why would we want Wally Szczerbiak and Luke Ridnour on the Knicks?Their defense sucks, and it would make the team even easier to score against than it already is.And as much as I'd like Artest on the Knicks, the Knicks know very well they will have to give him at least 9 million a year, if he's coming to New York.Why would he take a 5 year 30 million dollar deal, if he currently makes 7.8 million a year?Plus, that's the same contract Jerome James and Jared Jeffries have.I doubt he would like to make the same money as those two washed up players.Your trade ideas aren't that bad, but you have to also look at salary cap.Why would you trade for Wally Sczczerbiak, when he makes over 10 million a year?If you make 10 million a year, the last thing I'd want is to use you as a bench player.Acquiring Sczczerbiak would be a complete waste of money.And Ben Wallace would completely destroy our salary cap to the point of no return.
And by the Way,Ben Wallace is going to make 16 million next year, and 18 million, the year after that.

It's a give and take. Your right Ridnour is not a defender but he is a play maker. Our best play maker available is Crawford who is also our best 'consistent' scorer next to Randolph. This is Marbury all over again. I agree there are less expensive guards out there like Steve Blake but Blake at this point is more of a back up guard than a starter. My idea for wally is he has a short term contract and will be more useful to us then Curry is. I'm jumping on the Lee band wagon right now, not because Randolph isn't talented because he is, but because his contract is shit. Wally's contract expires in 09. It makes more cap sense to get rid of a long contract for a short one. But lets say no Wally, I still say Ridnour is a better option then Crawford or Robinson. We have a losing record because we don't play defense and we don't have a play maker. Having a solid floor general is every bit as important as playing team defense. My view, getting Ridnour is easier and less expensive then getting Kid.

nyKnicks126 said:
Ridnour is not the answer. He is not a defender.

May be I'm smoking but who is the answer to our pg problems that we actually have a chance to get? Nate can't guard half of the PG's in the league so who to we trade for who?