away.png
i
i
i
i
i

Injury Report

Indiana PacersNew York Knicks
Tyrese Haliburton - Back spasms (QUEST)OG Anunoby - Hamstring (OUT)
Bennedict Mathurin - Right shoulder surgery (OUT)Mitchell Robinson - Stress injury on left ankle (OUT)
-Bojan Bogdanovic - Foot (OUT)
-Julius Randle - Right shoulder surgery (OUT)
-Duane Washington Jr. - Knee (OUT)
-Charlie Brown - Concussion (OUT)

Game Preview

The "Villanova Three" hit plenty of big shots Monday night for New York. Indiana didn't benefit from last-minute officiating calls.

In other words, Game 1 of the Eastern Conference semifinals went exactly as the Knicks and Pacers expected.

Second-seeded New York will look to take a 2-0 lead in the best-of-seven series on Wednesday night when it hosts sixth-seeded Indiana.

The Knicks earned a 121-117 win in Game 1 Monday. Donte DiVincenzo put New York ahead for good by draining a tie-breaking 3-pointer with 40.1 seconds left and just 12 seconds after Pacers guard Aaron Nesmith was erroneously whistled for a kicked ball violation.

DiVincenzo, Jalen Brunson and Josh Hart, all of whom played on Villanova's national championship-winning team in 2016, combined to score 92 points for the Knicks. Brunson finished with a game-high 43 as he became the fourth player in NBA history -- along with Michael Jordan, Bernard King and Jerry West -- to score at least 40 points in four straight playoff games.

"He's the engine," Hart said. "We're going to go as far as he goes."

DiVincenzo, Brunson and Hart were especially effective in the fourth quarter, when they combined for 34 of the Knicks' 39 points. New York trailed 94-85 with 10:28 left before the trio scored the next 24 points for the hosts over a span of seven minutes.

"Go out there and just figure out how to win," Brunson said. "We knew we had to play better tonight. They had our number for most of the night. We just made a couple plays down the stretch."

The Pacers acknowledged they were displeased with the officiating down the stretch but also lamented their inability to close out the Knicks.

New York shot 65.0 percent from the field (26 of 40) from the field in the second half, including 63.6 percent (7 of 11) from 3-point range. The Knicks shot just 42.9 percent (18 of 42) from the field in the first 24 minutes, including 4 of 12 from beyond the arc.

"It's right after the game -- I'm a little fresh and open with my emotions about it, but we know at the end of the day that we can't get into that position," Turner said. "I think the Last 2 Minute Report, we're all looking forward to that coming out. There were two controversial calls."

Crew chief Zach Zarba said following the game that the kicked ball call on Nesmith was incorrect. Replays showed Brunson's pass glanced off Nesmith's hand and toward Pacers guard Andrew Nembhard.

"On the floor, we felt that would be a kicked ball violation," Zarba told a pool reporter. "Postgame review did show that it hit the defender's hand, which would be legal."

DiVincenzo helped to ice the win with 12.1 seconds left, when he drew a moving screen against Myles Turner. DiVincenzo was defending point guard Tyrese Haliburton when he fell as Turner set a pick. The Pacers challenged the call, which was upheld.

"We're not expecting to get calls in here," Pacers coach Rick Carlisle said. "It'd be nice if they laid off that one, but they didn't. So that's just the way it goes. I mean, we challenged it, they reviewed it, they got a bunch of people in New Jersey that agreed with them."

--Field Level Media

(STATS / cbssports.com)

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like someone played some attacks on the website and managed to take it down for a few hours. Hope everything's back to normal and make it through the game

Kiyaman

Legend
Wsup Rady .. Yesterday, I could not visit KO, and kept wondering who took it down every time I tried.
Thanks for the Game 5 Thread Rady .... If the Pacers strategy are gonna be running for 48 minutes again, using a 9 man rotation for 3 quarters, and a 12 man rotation for the game we are gonna need some fresh legs in our 7 man rotation.

Truth is .... We been playing Josh Hart's vocal leadership for 40 to 48 minutes in every one of our last 40 games.
Josh Hart hit the wall in Game 4 .. And all our lineups was clueless in Game 4 without Josh Hart's energy to push them.
The Pacers grabbed a 20 point lead in the first quarter, and a 28 point lead at Half Time. And a 38 point lead in the 3rd quarter .... Josh Hart played 24 minutes in Game 4

Kiyaman

Legend
Brunson's 22 pts are lighting it up in First half, giving us a 14 pt lead having 6 min to go before Half Time.

Kiyaman

Legend
Half Time .. Knicks 69 - Pacers 54
Brunson scored 18 pts in 2nd qtr. for 28 pts at the Half.
McBride 12 pts
Donte 12 pts
And Hartenstein grabbed 7 offensive rebounds for 2nd chance shots.
Go Knicks !!!

mafra

Legend
Knicks set playoff hi for most 1Q points in playoffs. Knicks take first halftime lead of series. Behind a 17-0 run Knicks up 21 after 3. Dominating offensive glass…. 15-2 or something! 12 more minutes. Finish this. Be nice to keep blowout and get rest final 5 minutes. Let’s go

mafra

Legend
What a response from a tough group. AB and McBride and IHart and Hart… at beginning of season, imagine that 4 playing in the 4Q of Game 5.

Finish this. Win game 6. Let OG rest until Game 1 ECF. We’ve come a long way from constant complaining about RJ to this….

jimkcchief88

All Star
One good beat down deserves another!! Big win!!! Hark looking like David Lee out there and Lake County IL finest Jalen Brunson was in MVP form! I hope we close this out Friday but I’m smelling a game 7 Sunday in the Garden!!!!

mafra

Legend
44 for JB. 18 for AB. IHart a beast on the glass. Total demolition. Wow. Win by cool 30. Return the favor. They are gonna start complaining that Thibbs is playing Melton and Sims too much.

mafra

Legend
The Knicks seven playoff wins are their most since winning nine in the 2000 playoffs under Jeff Van Gundy. Tom Thibodeau was an assistant coach on the team and Rick Brunson was on the roster.

Isola

mafra

Legend
Knicks hold Pacers to 91 points…

The last time Indiana scored fewer than 92 points was December of 2022

mafra

Legend
Most playoff games with 40+ points and 5+ assists in Knicks franchise history:

Jalen Brunson: 5
Patrick Ewing: 2
Bernard King: 1
Carmelo Anthony: 1