SICK of the drama with this franchise!!

paris401

Starter
So guys like the following:

Malik Rose, Mardy Collins, Jared Jeffries, Jamal Crawford, Eddy Curry, Nate Robinson, David Lee, Renaldo Balkman, Quentin Richardson, Wilson Chandler, Fred Jones, Randolph Morris, even Zach Randolph and Jerome "Burger" James. There all good people. So all that afforementioned stuff sounds like closet racism to me. Just cause an athlete is black doesn't mean they don't have morals. Everyone on the team with Exception of Marbury live pretty quiet off court lives. So save the generic "bad black athlete" crap for a Klan meeting, not this site.

And what essentially makes someone a hoodlum? Coming from an impoverished neighborhood? Andy Reid Head Coach of the Philadelphia Eagles sons have been in more trouble with the law and they're white suburbanites. Don't believe me? Check the web. I'll even get you started with a link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2751912

So maybe proof read what you say before you say it. Some people find these knid of knee jerk responses completely insulting.

dr... i think u are too quick to scream R A C I S M... other then the word 'hoodlum', i see nothing wrong with the comments...

and adding save it for the 'K L A N' is just as offensive (IMO)...

peace...

dr.carpy

Benchwarmer
To associate the word/ term "hoodlum" with a black athletes is a rush to judgement. It's unecessary. Again what defines a hoodlum? Based on what I read as a response will really dictate what I think. I just wish minority athletes wouldn't get tagged with those silly tags.

Hoodlum: one who commits acts of violence, or a young ruffian.

That really doesn't describe anyone on this team. So that term is again more indicative of a felon in rikers. So again feel free to let me know this is reflective of anyone on the roster.

paris401

Starter
To associate the word/ term "hoodlum" with a black athletes is a rush to judgement. It's unecessary. Again what defines a hoodlum? Based on what I read as a response will really dictate what I think. I just wish minority athletes wouldn't get tagged with those silly tags.

That really doesn't describe anyone on this team. So that term is again more indicative of a felon in rikers. So again feel free to let me know this is reflective of anyone on the roster.

yo dr... i def agree about the rush to judgement... think we should concentrate our comments to what is happening on the court...

nobody was more off then rodman, yet when he stepped on the court it was all business... give me a roster of 12 rodmans and i'll show u a title contending team..

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
yo dr... i def agree about the rush to judgement... think we should concentrate our comments to what is happening on the court...

nobody was more off then rodman, yet when he stepped on the court it was all business... give me a roster of 12 rodmans and i'll show u a title contending team..

I don't think it works that way. You can't win with a roster full of crazies. The reason why Rodman has won championships in Detroit and Chicago was because he had strong lockerroom figures to keep him in check like Isiah Thomas and Michael Jordan. The Knicks have no one. That's why I think bringing in Ron Artest would be a bad idea. Plus, even if he gave us everything he had, the Knicks would still not be a championship team. They just have too many problems.

paris401

Starter
I don't think it works that way. You can't win with a roster full of crazies. The reason why Rodman has won championships in Detroit and Chicago was because he had strong lockerroom figures to keep him in check like Isiah Thomas and Michael Jordan. The Knicks have no one. That's why I think bringing in Ron Artest would be a bad idea. Plus, even if he gave us everything he had, the Knicks would still not be a championship team. They just have too many problems.

maybe u are rite, but was it a strong lockerroom that kept the worm in-check... or maybe it was the worm himself that saw the bigger picture once he was on the court...i dunno...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
1.) Trade Marbury and either Lee or Balkman to Sacramento for Bibby and Artest.

2.) Fire Isiah

I know it's not the best answer, but things got to change. I know Crawford, Curry and Q. rich have not played well, but it's Marbury and Zeke that have turned this franchise into a disgrace. I am embarrassed to wear my Knicks hat in public now. I'm thinking of buying a Trailblazers hat. At least those fans can be proud of their team.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
So guys like the following:

Malik Rose, Mardy Collins, Jared Jeffries, Jamal Crawford, Eddy Curry, Nate Robinson, David Lee, Renaldo Balkman, Quentin Richardson, Wilson Chandler, Fred Jones, Randolph Morris, even Zach Randolph and Jerome "Burger" James. There all good people. So all that afforementioned stuff sounds like closet racism to me. Just cause an athlete is black doesn't mean they don't have morals. Everyone on the team with Exception of Marbury live pretty quiet off court lives. So save the generic "bad black athlete" crap for a Klan meeting, not this site.

And what essentially makes someone a hoodlum? Coming from an impoverished neighborhood? Andy Reid Head Coach of the Philadelphia Eagles sons have been in more trouble with the law and they're white suburbanites. Don't believe me? Check the web. I'll even get you started with a link.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2751912

So maybe proof read what you say before you say it. Some people find these knid of knee jerk responses completely insulting.

It has nothing to do with racism and anyone that suggests that is full of crap!

Allen Houston is an example of a very high quality person.

Jamal Crawford is a very high quality person.

Doc Rivers is a very high quality person.

It has nothing to do with whether you were born rich or poor or are black or white.
It has to do with how you conduct yourself as a person, human being, teamate, coach, professional athlete etc....

Stephon Marbury and Isiah Thomas are NOT high quality individuals.

Did you listen to any of the testimony at the trial? Do you pay any attention to how they conduct themselves?

Nate Robinson and Zach Randolph are question marks as of now.

Nate may just be immature.

Zach has been terrific so far as a Knick and may have matured, but the jury is still out because of his conduct while in Portland.

The screams for Artest around here are INSANITY!

Last edited:

knicklover

Benchwarmer

Who associated the word hoodlum with "black" other than you.

I associated the behavior of some individuals who just happened to be black with being hoodlums, but they could just as easily be white.

As soon as Lee starts behaving like a thug on and off the court, getting caught with his pants down at inappropriate times with inappropriate people, starts abandoning his teamates, starts harrasing females, starts getting physical out of machoness instead of behaving like a professional adult athlete etc..... I'll be happy to add him to the list of hoodlums.

Cut the racism crap when you know that has nothing to do with it!

Last edited:

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Man Isiah really put his foot down on Marbury last night did'nt he?? He might as well just had started him b/c he played 34 minutes.That goes to show just what kind of a man Isiah is after all he is half to blame for this to.Marbury must have some dirt on him b/c any other coach would have suspended him a few games.It was clear last night that this whole mess is really bothing this team!!They did'nt play good at all and the only thing I seen from this team last night any good was when they got down by 22 then came back.Well people we should'nt be down 22 to a team like the Clippers.We had a chance to take the lead but Marbury missed a wide open three pointer.Then the next play down he floped while playing defense and it left the guy wide open for the basket.The Knicks should have won that game eaisly and thats a fact!! It was'nt all Marburys fault even thow he should'nt have been playing at all. Crawford stunk up the place and for what ever reason Isiah only played Lee and Nate 18 minutes each.

Nate is shooting a very high percentage behind the arc and should have been in there at the end of the game.Lee was a rebounding machine last night that could have stoped those second chance points by the clippers last night.Lee and Nate and the other bench players done nothing wrong yet they get fewer minutes while Marbury showed his ass and whinned like a baby and he plays nearly all the game.

Last edited:

nyKnicks126

Go 1990s New York Knicks!
If we don't get rid of these two cancers the whole team will be effected until then. Mabury out Isiah OUT!!!!!!!!

knicklover

Benchwarmer
This is just dandy for team chemistry!!!!! NOT!!!!

Team Votes Marbury Out; Isiah Keeps Him In

Some of you may have heard about this by now -- remember, I'm three hours earlier and in the midst of traveling from LA to Sacramento -- but Johnny Ludden, the former longtime San Antonio Spurs writer who has moved on to Yahoo.com fame, posted a report last night after the Knicks loss to the Clippers that said the players voted against allowing Stephon Marbury to play in the game.
Isiah played him anyway and afterward it was clear that several players on the team were furious.
What kind of message does this send to someone such as Nate Robinson, who has done everything asked of him during the offseason?
So to answer that question in your head, Fixers, yes, it can get worse. And it's about to.
Stephon must have some serious dirt.
I'll check in from Sacramento . . .

Posted by Alan Hahn on November 15, 2007 12:14 PM | Permalink

paris401

Starter
i've been waiting for a good soap opera since dallas went off the air.... thanks IT and starbury and all the co-stars... i can't wait for the next episode..

pat

Starter
The screams for Artest around here are INSANITY!

agreed!

they have to get rid of Isiah,Marbury,and Dolan.

This is just dandy for team chemistry!!!!! NOT!!!!

Team Votes Marbury Out; Isiah Keeps Him In

Some of you may have heard about this by now -- remember, I'm three hours earlier and in the midst of traveling from LA to Sacramento -- but Johnny Ludden, the former longtime San Antonio Spurs writer who has moved on to Yahoo.com fame, posted a report last night after the Knicks loss to the Clippers that said the players voted against allowing Stephon Marbury to play in the game.
Isiah played him anyway and afterward it was clear that several players on the team were furious.
What kind of message does this send to someone such as Nate Robinson, who has done everything asked of him during the offseason?
So to answer that question in your head, Fixers, yes, it can get worse. And it's about to.
Stephon must have some serious dirt.
I'll check in from Sacramento . . .

Posted by Alan Hahn on November 15, 2007 12:14 PM | Permalink

omg I can't wait for Metro's comment on this one. *lol*

I also like the idea of firing Dolan. Do you actually know what his position is?

President & Chief Executive Officer, Cablevision Systems Corporation;
Chairman, Madison Square Garden and NBA Governor.

Why do you think anybody can fire him? The only thing that could happen is that daddy tells him to leave the basketball-aspect of the franchise alone and bring in some outside consultants.

Last edited:

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
President & Chief Executive Officer, Cablevision Systems Corporation;
Chairman, Madison Square Garden and NBA Governor.

Why do you think anybody can fire him? The only thing that could happen is that daddy tells him to leave the basketball-aspect of the franchise alone and bring in some outside consultants.

I agree we are stuck with him and that sucks!!!!:barf:

Thing I hate baout Marbury right now is he'll paly most of the game decently and then when the game gets tight down the stretch he'll totally disappear and not do a single thing of significance out there expeect for maybe a turnover or two.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Thing I hate baout Marbury right now is he'll paly most of the game decently and then when the game gets tight down the stretch he'll totally disappear and not do a single thing of significance out there expeect for maybe a turnover or two.

Exactly.

On occasion you can actually seem him change the stroke of his shot at crunch time because of the pressure.

Look, I don't want to trash the guy anymore because not everyone is borm to be the "go to guy" at crunch time, but that's the problem. As a team captain with a huge salary and self proclaimed "best PG in basketball", you DO have to be that guy, but he is not. That's why he's taking so much heat. If he went to LA or Cleveland etc... where there was real star and became the 2nd or 3rd option, he would be more than adequate and no one would complain. The Knicks do not have a got to guy though and that's why they keep losong all these tight games

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
This team is garbage! This team has got to have the most overrated players in the league. This team is fools gold. They look good on paper but they suck in real life. They have 1 great game and then lose 10 straight games. Yes, they have the occasional good game which leads us to believe that they could be a great team in the future because hey...they look so good on paper. Wake up everybody...this team sucks. Fire Isiah and hire Colangelo or Kiki. They'll know what to do.

KnicksFan112

Benchwarmer
I even think Isiah is overrated as a talent evaluator. Other than TMac, he really hasn't done anything that special. Sure, he picked up David Lee and Balkman at such low picks but big deal...they're 1 dimensional. All David Lee could do is rebound. The guy can't defend and his offense is crap. All Balkman could do is defend but he's horrible offensively. How does someone make it to the NBA and have such an ugly jumpshot? The guy does have great handle but he does not have a lick of court awareness.

paris401

Starter
starbury is the 2nd highest paid player at 20.1m, sharing the honor with a iverson... numero uno is kg at 23.7 ...

making less then starbury is jkidd at 19.7, shaq at 20.0,tmac and duncan at 19.0 and kobe at 19.5 etc/etc..

i don't think we are getting our $$$ worth..

jimkcchief88

All Star
starbury is the 2nd highest paid player at 20.1m, sharing the honor with a iverson... numero uno is kg at 23.7 ...

making less then starbury is jkidd at 19.7, shaq at 20.0,tmac and duncan at 19.0 and kobe at 19.5 etc/etc..

i don't think we are getting our $$$ worth..

Amazing stats. And "Starbury" fans still defend him. SAD.