So lets rate Donnie Walsh's job so far....

On a Scale from 1 to 10 (10 being the best)

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 1 2.9%

Votes: 3 8.6%

Votes: 20 57.1%

Votes: 5 14.3%

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
i gave him an 8. he did everything he said hes gonna do so far, and probably better then you caould have imagined. Get under the cap by 2010 (check)and stay competitive (check).

clumsy

Rotation player
Ya i say he single handedly saved the Knicks years of rebuilding with a series of Calculated moves.

His choice of signing D'Antoni was #1. His uptempo system would skew the crap outta the numbers of a lot of players...and would make it seem that certain players actually deserved the contracts they were getting.

He was able to move a buncha of career losing players with bad contracts...Craw, Z-Bo, Jerome James.

He was able to keep our youngin's for now...I wouldn't be surprised if he signs and trades next year tho.

Almsot everyone expires in 2010. I mean the man is really smart but he's not god....he can't get rid of Curry, or Jeffries.

Next year with his dearth of expiring contracts he has so many options available to him.

dre48ny

Rotation player
A solid 8.

Of course it all depends on Gallo's potential. That is the only thing we can knock him on if Gallo is not the player he envisioned.

Other than that getting rid of Zbo and Crawford for expiring deals while obtaining a productive Harrington, great move!!

Getting rid of 2 dinosaurs, an unproven player and a player that came in the Clippers deal for 2 players that can produce, great move!!!

Getting rid of Isaiah and hiring D'Antoni, priceless!!

Ewing

Benchwarmer
I gave him a 7, because I didn't like 2 moves: the trade with LA and Denver.
Also, the situation of Marbury is a big issue and I don't think it has been treated the right way.

Toons

is the Bo$$
I give Donnie Walsh a 9.

Mar 20, 2008, 23:3
as kohl said...the black-hole is owed 'lots of $$$'

he will be extremely hard to trade... unless we want to take back a even worse contract (is there such a thing??)... the zach man is here for the next 2 year...

i am ready to write-off 2008-2009..

Old May 08, 2008, 19:33 #6
donchris
I don't think it will be easy to rid the Knicks of Randolph and Curry. This isn't D'Antoni's ideal line up.

donchris
Team Jerome James

Send a message via AIM to donchris Send a message via Yahoo to donchris

Nyk Logo
D'Antoni can't fix the Knicks. He will have little to no trading flexibility

Old Jun 21, 2008, 16:10 #1
dre48ny
Out of the Knicks' 59 losses, more than half (31) were of ten points or higher. The Knicks were not competitive at all last season. Terrible losses include 104-59 @ Boston, 115-83 @ Denver, 108-82 to Golden State @ home, 119-92 to Indiana @ home, 105-77 to Philadelphia @ home, 100-83 to Chicago @ home, 124-84 @ Philadelphia, 115-92 @ Toronto, 118-92 @ Orlando, 108-79 @ Dallas, 114-93 @ Minnesotta, 130-114 @ Memphis.

Those were some of the most embarassing losses to highlight this horrific season.

He did what no1 thought he could do.

got rid of crawford
got rid of zach's contract
got rid of jerome james and his contract
got rid of malik rose and anthony roberson

only curry's contract left and we are in business

jpz17

Starter
Best Moves
-----------
1. Firing Isiah
2. Firing Isiah
3. Firing Isiah and replacing him with an excellent coach
4. Duhon
5. Trading JRome and crap for 2 decent players
6. Getting cap space
7. Hiring Houston board
8. Firing Isiah
9. Not dealing Zach in the beginning of the year
10. Firing Isiah

Worst
-----
1. Trading Balkmen
2. Cutting Ewing Jr.
3. Signing Anthony Roberson-waste of $

pat

Starter
. Hes a very patient person. Overall I give him an 8 out of 10

I totally agree with that. His patience is what I like most about Donnie. Sometimes the best trades are those which didn't happen. Jumping on any trade that came along was the most annoying part of the Isiah era. I am glad that this is over.

th3realicon

Rotation player
I gave him an 8 although it is more like a 7.5 kind of grade.
He did better than i thought he would have. The Danillo pick did not convince me at the beginning. I thought he was doing a favor to Danilo's father since they used to be team mates in Italy but it has been a great pick so far. I mean consider the kid is not even at his beast physical shape.

The marbury saga? Mehhh i think Donnie is kinda trapped in it and doesn't want to look bad. He is also very pround and is not letting Steph go because he hates the fact that he will pay him the whole deal only to see him help the Celts retain their title. Steph is a big mouth already imagine if he would have won the ring? Donnie not buying him out till the playoff rosters are set was a great show of guts. The team comes first and whoever disrespects it can go to hell.

The trades were needs and i agree on all of them. What i feel he could have done is try to get more out of those deals. I mean Jamal for Al Harrington was a fair game but Mobley and Thomas for ZBo and Collins was a joke. I believe we could have gotten much more from ZBo.