STAT Dropped 32 Points and I am Worried!

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Stat needs to slow down out there!he is running 150 mph out there and is all out of control.He is rushing his shots,running people over and is clearly trying to do way to much.His turnovers is killing this team and honestly I think we will see the same old story until he slows down and lets the game come to him.

Last edited:

Blumatic

Rotation player
Stat needs to slow down out there!he is running 150 mph out there and is all out of control.He is rushing his shots,running people over and is clearly trying to do way to much.His turnovers is killing this team and honestly I think we will see the same old story until he slows down and lets the game come to him.

I agree. Defensively he's doing better than I thought he would. He's always contesting shots. But at times he doesnt pay attention or has his head on a swivel.

But he just needs to slow down and be patient. Get in the paint get some pump fake moves and draw fouls. Thats what we need from him mostly. Too put starting big men in foul trouble. 2ndly. His teammates clog dont help by standing near him when he has the ball. Stat has to work in ISO sometimes.

3rdly, and this goes for Gallo as well, and he did it in this game, If you're and player that doesnt work to effectively with the ball in you're hand like Jordan, Kobe and Duncan for big man. You have to move around and get the ball and have you teammates set picks, a la Reggie Miller, Rich Hamilton. Stat needs to move baseline to baseline and seal him man behind him and he'll get his shot.

Look, STATs mere presence on the floor makes us better. He's tying up all five opposing player in the paint and we are wide open everytime. But the P&R is to predictable. We shoudl still run b/c if get the 3rd player involved but Amar's has to chase that ball and get in in good positions.

I still believe STAT, D'antoni has to draw it up like he did with Gallo.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I agree. Defensively he's doing better than I thought he would. He's always contesting shots. But at times he doesnt pay attention or has his head on a swivel.

But he just needs to slow down and be patient. Get in the paint get some pump fake moves and draw fouls. Thats what we need from him mostly. Too put starting big men in foul trouble. 2ndly. His teammates clog dont help by standing near him when he has the ball. Stat has to work in ISO sometimes.

3rdly, and this goes for Gallo as well, and he did it in this game, If you're and player that doesnt work to effectively with the ball in you're hand like Jordan, Kobe and Duncan for big man. You have to move around and get the ball and have you teammates set picks, a la Reggie Miller, Rich Hamilton. Stat needs to move baseline to baseline and seal him man behind him and he'll get his shot.

Look, STATs mere presence on the floor makes us better. He's tying up all five opposing player in the paint and we are wide open everytime. But the P&R is to predictable. We shoudl still run b/c if get the 3rd player involved but Amar's has to chase that ball and get in in good positions.

I still believe STAT, D'antoni has to draw it up like he did with Gallo.

Great post man I agree with everything you said!!His own teamates not moving away from him when he has the ball is a MAJOR problem.Thats exactly where all the double and triple teams are coming from. D'antoni should have them all to move away from him to give him room to work.I hope they work on this in practice then in games.