Steph redeems himself:The Starbuary war officially ends today!

richtree

Rotation player
yeah, and its funny Fox had Crawford as the "knick" with a potential All Star year but he is ranked behind JR Smith as a shooting guard.,

crawford with all those minutes and points is ranked as the 21st best Shooting Guard....

Why didn't crawford but on any muscle in the last 3 years ?

lazy....

2.5 rebounds a game in a uptemo scheme playing 40 mins without any dominate big men on the team is AWFUL

Mugsy even got 4 Rebounds per game one year., at J craw has a foot on him

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
It took crawford over 17 shots a game to average 20ppg. Were better off going to other sources for our points. At least Marbury attacks the rim and gets to the free throw line.

im not hatin on marbury but marbury took over 17 shots also to score 20+ points, only difference marbury made his FGs

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
im not hatin on marbury but marbury took over 17 shots also to score 20+ points, only difference marbury made his FGs

That doesnt make sense and even if it did thats not true.

The last time marbury scored over 20 a game was 2004-05 (before eddy curry became the "franchise" player

21.7ppg
46.2 fg%
15.95 field goal attempts per game

For Marburys career, he averages 5.8 free throw attempts per game

Crawford averages 3.08 free throw attempts per game

No one should ever compare these 2, theres no comparison. Crawford is the biggest loser, Marbury has had a dissapointing career when considering his talent but at least hes made the playoff 5 times, and hes played in 18 playoff games. Crawford has never played in one.

TunerAddict

Starter
That doesnt make sense and even if it did thats not true.

The last time marbury scored over 20 a game was 2004-05 (before eddy curry became the "franchise" player

21.7ppg
46.2 fg%
15.95 field goal attempts per game

For Marburys career, he averages 5.8 free throw attempts per game

Crawford averages 3.08 free throw attempts per game

No one should ever compare these 2, theres no comparison. Crawford is the biggest loser, Marbury has had a dissapointing career when considering his talent but at least hes made the playoff 5 times, and hes played in 18 playoff games. Crawford has never played in one.

Alright, lets look at the numbers. Shooting 46.2% on 15.95 fgs a game would equal 14.7 ppg. That isn't including freethrows or three pointers.

What I'm trying to say is that these guys shoot more than that number. The shot attemps doesn't include shots they were fouled on, so really Crawford and Marbury shoot more than the stats show.

Not really negative, its just that 17 shots isn't as much as its cracked up to be. I mean, shooting 50%, which is high for a guard would be 16 points on 16 shots, 18 on 18 shots. Really we seem to discredit the shots they took and were fouled on. Hell, Jordan used to take 30+ a game.

Alright, lets look at the numbers. Shooting 46.2% on 15.95 fgs a game would equal 14.7 ppg. That isn't including freethrows or three pointers.

What I'm trying to say is that these guys shoot more than that number. The shot attemps doesn't include shots they were fouled on, so really Crawford and Marbury shoot more than the stats show.

Not really negative, its just that 17 shots isn't as much as its cracked up to be. I mean, shooting 50%, which is high for a guard would be 16 points on 16 shots, 18 on 18 shots. Really we seem to discredit the shots they took and were fouled on. Hell, Jordan used to take 30+ a game.
Do you think before you type? Comparing Crawford to Marbury is like comparing your 2 incher to my tree trunk. You got that numb nuts? And then you proceed to bring Michael Jordan into this. Dont let your mind wonder like this again. Its far too small to be let out on its own. A sharp tongue does not mean you have a keen mind. Please moderator do not give me another warning for this post. These imbiciles on this site should be warned for not putting any thought into these brainless posts. I am very smart, but i realize that brains aren't everything. In the case of TunderAddict, brains are nothing.

"TunerAddict" - "So really, Marbury and Crawford shoot more then the stats show" Words cannot describe how sensless this post is. Why even point this out when Crawford does not go to the free throw line enough? Re-read the post by MSGknickz33. That is my only advice for now.

TunerAddict

Starter
Do you think before you type? Comparing Crawford to Marbury is like comparing your 2 incher to my tree trunk. You got that numb nuts? And then you proceed to bring Michael Jordan into this. Dont let your mind wonder like this again. Its far too small to be let out on its own. A sharp tongue does not mean you have a keen mind. Please moderator do not give me another warning for this post. These imbiciles on this site should be warned for not putting any thought into these brainless posts. I am very smart, but i realize that brains aren't everything. In the case of TunderAddict, brains are nothing.

"TunerAddict" - "So really, Marbury and Crawford shoot more then the stats show" Words cannot describe how sensless this post is. Why even point this out when Crawford does not go to the free throw line enough? Re-read the post by MSGknickz33. That is my only advice for now.

Is it just me, or does everytime this guy posts, do you guys get the strange feeling that he is MSG or someone? I just get that vibe.

Oh dude, and by the way, a big dick is like money. Those that talk about having it don't.

TunerAddict

Starter

I didn't even make the comparison, it was made before I even posted. Maybe you should learn to read and you'd clearly see that that comparison was made before and I was simply adressing it.

Plus you couldn't even argue against my point anyway.

I'm above using childish insults.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Is it just me, or does everytime this guy posts, do you guys get the strange feeling that he is MSG or someone? I just get that vibe.

Oh dude, and by the way, a big dick is like money. Those that talk about having it don't.

lol Im not pablo but hes a funny dude. I dont agree with your post either but you gave me no reason to insult you (and my insults arent that funny, i stick to callin people maggots and tellin them to get the fukk outta here). My insults are for those who not just hate on marbury, but hate on him in an unfair way. As a member of the Starbarians aka team starbury thats what i do.

portega1968

El Cacique
Newsday's Shaun Powell:

"He's a former All-Star and designated savior who no longer has the skills to match his healthy ego or inflated self-worth. His value to the team is falling almost as fast as his spot on the bench, and there's always a fear that his attitude, while surprisingly cooperative right now, could suddenly turn sour by the hour."

I WONDER WHO HE'S TALKING ABOUT!!!

Last edited:

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Newsday's Shaun Powell:

"He's a former All-Star and designated savior who no longer has the skills to match his healthy ego or inflated self-worth. His value to the team is falling almost as fast as his spot on the bench, and there's always a fear that his attitude, while surprisingly cooperative right now, could suddenly turn sour by the hour."

Your real slick. Your an idiot if you believe any of this. There was all that garbage about how steph was gonna get bought out before preseason. It didnt happen, Donnie would try to trade him but he would NEVER buy him out. And he wont be able to trade marbury...so it looks like Haterburys lost.

Marbury didnt even do anything bad in a while. Hes showed up in great shape. Haters act like he had a bad game because he didnt score any points. Get off his dick. He had 6 assists in 20 minutes and no turnovers. How many did Duhon have? I think he had 4 in 28 minutes. "Oh but Marbury didnt score any points" Fukk outta here with that bull. He only took 3 shots, he wasnt lookin for his shots. He was looking to set up his teammates and play unselfishly. Aint that what everybody wanted? SMH theres no way he can win with you haters.

Then he has the quote where he said hes a starter, which he is. Duhon aint as good as Marbury and thats a fact. But Marbury went on to say its the coaches decision and he'll come off the bench if thats what Dantoni wants him to do, he just wants to win a championship. Thats basically what he said, and there aint nothin wrong with that which is why whoever wrote that article is just looking for attention, they know naive weak minds like yours will get a hard on when they read anything bad about starbury. You exposed yourself. You sounded like a little kid when you said "I wonder who hes talking about," and you wrote that in caps. Do you get a woody everytime someone says sumthin bad about Marbury? And you were tryin to act grown the other day? I dont even believe that your older then me. Did you do all your homework son?

And dantoni's only startin duhon to save himself. He assumed that Donnie would buy marbury out, but walsh is smarter then that.

portega1968

El Cacique
Your real slick. Your an idiot if you believe any of this. There was all that garbage about how steph was gonna get bought out before preseason. It didnt happen, Donnie would try to trade him but he would NEVER buy him out. And he wont be able to trade marbury...so it looks like Haterburys lost.

Marbury didnt even do anything bad in a while. Hes showed up in great shape. Haters act like he had a bad game because he didnt score any points. Get off his dick. He had 6 assists in 20 minutes and no turnovers. How many did Duhon have? I think he had 4 in 28 minutes. "Oh but Marbury didnt score any points" Fukk outta here with that bull. He only took 3 shots, he wasnt lookin for his shots. He was looking to set up his teammates and play unselfishly. Aint that what everybody wanted? SMH theres no way he can win with you haters.

Then he has the quote where he said hes a starter, which he is. Duhon aint as good as Marbury and thats a fact. But Marbury went on to say its the coaches decision and he'll come off the bench if thats what Dantoni wants him to do, he just wants to win a championship. Thats basically what he said, and there aint nothin wrong with that which is why whoever wrote that article is just looking for attention, they know naive weak minds like yours will get a hard on when they read anything bad about starbury. You exposed yourself. You sounded like a little kid when you said "I wonder who hes talking about," and you wrote that in caps. Do you get a woody everytime someone says sumthin bad about Marbury? And you were tryin to act grown the other day? I dont even believe that your older then me. Did you do all your homework son?

And dantoni's only startin duhon to save himself. He assumed that Donnie would buy marbury out, but walsh is smarter then that.

I hate having to put on the gloves with a fellow Knick fan, but I can't ignore so much stupidity.

Yo' Jazzy Jeff (dang MSGKnickz33, that has to be the most cheesy name I've ever seen and definitely not original), I only used them caps to differentiate what I wrote from what I copied/pasted from the news article. I don't give a fuk if caps are usually meant to emphasize a point... I just wanted to make sure that readers understand which part was my comment.

Your problem is that your ego is size 15 for a guy with a size 5 shoe. You're self-centered and an inmature narcissist. I think you probably won't even understand what I mean by this. Let me make you a road map Jr.: you think you own the truth and think you shit caramel syrup; wakeup kiddo 'cause I'm certain your caca ain't that different from mine and at your age you still have tons to learn.

Why is it that anyone who disagrees with you is accused of not being intelligent? That is an attitude typical of an ignorant dickhead who last saw a chocha when he was born.

Go get yourself some pusssy dude instead of wasting another two years making another 3,500 posts. I've been on this website for over seven years and I've never seen such a biased poster as you. Don't you realize that your insulting non-logical arguments just highlight your inmaturity? Anyone who has an ounce of objectivity can see that all your arguments will always be shaped to favor your point of view, which is not necessarily the absolute truth.

Why is it such an abomination to you when somebody shells out some constructive criticism on Stephon? Can't we all agree that we will many times disagree? Can't you just disagree respectfully without calling people maggots or idiots? Let your rational (not emotional) arguments prove your point? Yeah, go ahead and say this is just for fun.. that's another out you use when you're cornered.

Do you ****king know me personally to lay down judgement on who I am or my level of intelligence? I aced my CPA exam 15 years ago and here I have to see how an inmature little snothead like you attacks my IQ and my family without provocation. I have a beautiful wife and amazing kids and there is nothing but tons of love in my house... you would be blessed to have half the luck I've had when you grow up and become a man.

Why don't you stick to making them good game threads and suspend this Team Starbury vs. Haterburys bullshit. The absolute truth is that we're all Knick fans here and that bullshit just divides us. I don't get a hardon when somebody trashes Stephon. It's natural that every player on this team will have their supporters and their critics and being on one or the other side is not a testament to your personal life or brain aptitude.

Let me repeat this to you: I'm hoping Stephon does have an outstanding season regardless if Coach wants him off the bench or starting. And I think he'll be much better off if he keeps his mouth shut and not let reporters bait him into making controversial comments.

If you have a minimal level of maturity, PM whatever you have to say to me and please stop making a public fool of yourself in these threads. I'll be glad to give you my phone number so you can say whatever you need to say to me directly. Otherwise, get off my dickk!!!

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Crawford barring injury is the shooting guard. He averaged 20ppg last season where we didn't even have an offense. He'll atleast average 20 ppg this season most likely more.

Crawford averaged 20 ppg on a isolation offense that ran plays for him.

Why does everything you type contradicts what really happened in previous seasons? You're delusional.

Isiah let Crawford call iso frequently and freely.

Stop hugging Crawford's boney ass; this offense will have a lot of ball rotation and full court passing; Crawford's nemesis.

Crawford will be replaced...for a more efficient and fitting SG, hopefully for our sake.

richtree

Rotation player
Finally , thank you to Metro Card for someone else seeing that J. Crawford is that problem on this team....

he doesn't bring much to help the knicks....I would love to trade him for a SG that plays def can play some 3 as well, if he was out for a week the knicks would not miss him a beat....the only thing that he can do for the knicks is take the last shot in a tie game.....

but I rather just use steph and duhon on the floor in those situations with zach poping a 15 ft jumper, or d. lee rolling to the hoop...

So once again thanks to metro card ., !

GetRealistic

Starter
Crawford averaged 20 ppg on a isolation offense that ran plays for him.

Why does everything you type contradicts what really happened in previous seasons? You're delusional.

Isiah let Crawford call iso frequently and freely.

Stop hugging Crawford's boney ass; this offense will have a lot of ball rotation and full court passing; Crawford's nemesis.

Crawford will be replaced...for a more efficient and fitting SG, hopefully for our sake.

The team overall is going to score 10-15 more points per night this season just based on the system. So how would his scoring drop. I'll take back my comment he'll average atleast 18ppg. That work better for you?

Didn't D'Antoni say yesterday that if Crawford doesn't average 18-22 ppg he'd have to change the system around because Crawford is too talented not to average atleast that?

GetRealistic

Starter
Newsday's Shaun Powell:

Take out the All-Star part and that quote is dead on for Demetrius Nichols after how well he played in the summer league.

metrocard

Legend
Finally , thank you to Metro Card for someone else seeing that J. Crawford is that problem on this team....

he doesn't bring much to help the knicks....I would love to trade him for a SG that plays def can play some 3 as well, if he was out for a week the knicks would not miss him a beat....the only thing that he can do for the knicks is take the last shot in a tie game.....

but I rather just use steph and duhon on the floor in those situations with zach poping a 15 ft jumper, or d. lee rolling to the hoop...

So once again thanks to metro card ., !

Look at how successful Phoneix was with Raja Bell
Or Sacramento with Doug Christie.

SG's like that are really beneficial to a team and save money.

Crawford is a more of a headache on the court than Marbury is off the court.

Crawford's niceness off the court shouldn't give him a free pass to stay on the team.
NBA is a profession, and Crawford hasn't reach the requirement as a performance leader.

When Crawford is on the court I feel like I'm watching high school basketball. Disorganized and unbalanced offense is always frustrating.

This is why I'm glad D'Antoni is coach, we'll finally have a structured offense that can flow, instead of crash the market like Crawford does consistently.

20 ppg on 40% shooting is the most you'll ever get out of Crawford. No defense, no winning basketball tactics...justs 20 ppg on a lot of chucks in a Crawford-only-isolation offense ranned by a clown formally known as Isiah.

We're Knick fans here, not Crawford apologist. We deserve better quality basketball, especially in the Mecca of BBall.

Crawford has to go back to Seattle...oops, they don't even have a basketball team.

I wish we could sucker Portland into this deal, Rudy Fernandez is the next Ginobili.

Crawford
Robinson
Jefferies

for

Fernandez
LaFrentz(huge expiring contract)
Batum

Portland will be
Blake/Bayless/Robinson
Roy/Crawford
Webster/Outlaw
Aldridge/Frye/Diogu
Oden/Pyrzbilla

then trade

Randolph
Collins

for

Wally Z(expiring contract, finally get a 3pt shooter)
2nd rounder for 2009

Cleveland
Williams/Gibson
West/Collins
Lebron/Kinsey
Randolph/Varejao/Hickson
Wallace/Z

finally trade to clear cap space

Joe Smith(expiring)
Desmond Mason(expiring)

for

Eddy Curry

Seattle will be

Westbrook
Durant
Green
Wilcox
Curry

Metrocard's Knicks will look something like

Marbury*/Duhon
Fernandez/Richardson/Mason*
Chandler/Wally*/Batum
Lee/Gallinari/Ewing Jr.
Smith*/LaFrentz*

*= expiring contract

Thats a 13 man line up...Ewing or Gallinari can NBDL it.

We'll be under the cap
and have a solid skilled, talented and all around young core of

Fernandez
Chandler
Batum
Lee
Gallinari

In 2009, we'll draft Ricky Rubio

Sign Wade or Lebron

and become a Dynasty.

Rubio
Fernandez
Chandler
Gallinari
Lee

6th man
Batum

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I hate having to put on the gloves with a fellow Knick fan, but I can't ignore so much stupidity.

Yo' Jazzy Jeff (dang MSGKnickz33, that has to be the most cheesy name I've ever seen and definitely not original), I only used them caps to differentiate what I wrote from what I copied/pasted from the news article. I don't give a fuk if caps are usually meant to emphasize a point... I just wanted to make sure that readers understand which part was my comment.

Your problem is that your ego is size 15 for a guy with a size 5 shoe. You're self-centered and an inmature narcissist. I think you probably won't even understand what I mean by this. Let me make you a road map Jr.: you think you own the truth and think you shit caramel syrup; wakeup kiddo 'cause I'm certain your caca ain't that different from mine and at your age you still have tons to learn.

Why is it that anyone who disagrees with you is accused of not being intelligent? That is an attitude typical of an ignorant dickhead who last saw a chocha when he was born.

Go get yourself some pusssy dude instead of wasting another two years making another 3,500 posts. I've been on this website for over seven years and I've never seen such a biased poster as you. Don't you realize that your insulting non-logical arguments just highlight your inmaturity? Anyone who has an ounce of objectivity can see that all your arguments will always be shaped to favor your point of view, which is not necessarily the absolute truth.

Why is it such an abomination to you when somebody shells out some constructive criticism on Stephon? Can't we all agree that we will many times disagree? Can't you just disagree respectfully without calling people maggots or idiots? Let your rational (not emotional) arguments prove your point? Yeah, go ahead and say this is just for fun.. that's another out you use when you're cornered.

Do you ****king know me personally to lay down judgement on who I am or my level of intelligence? I aced my CPA exam 15 years ago and here I have to see how an inmature little snothead like you attacks my IQ and my family without provocation. I have a beautiful wife and amazing kids and there is nothing but tons of love in my house... you would be blessed to have half the luck I've had when you grow up and become a man.

Why don't you stick to making them good game threads and suspend this Team Starbury vs. Haterburys bullshit. The absolute truth is that we're all Knick fans here and that bullshit just divides us. I don't get a hardon when somebody trashes Stephon. It's natural that every player on this team will have their supporters and their critics and being on one or the other side is not a testament to your personal life or brain aptitude.

Let me repeat this to you: I'm hoping Stephon does have an outstanding season regardless if Coach wants him off the bench or starting. And I think he'll be much better off if he keeps his mouth shut and not let reporters bait him into making controversial comments.

If you have a minimal level of maturity, PM whatever you have to say to me and please stop making a public fool of yourself in these threads. I'll be glad to give you my phone number so you can say whatever you need to say to me directly. Otherwise, get off my dickk!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Did i get you that upset? You wanna give me your phone number :lol: :lol:

You made this too easy for me. Everyone who ever came at me ended up embarrassing themselves. Your just another name on that list.

All i can do is laugh at your post. You claim that i have a minimal level of maturity, but read your post. You used several insults, swore, offered me your phone number, and made claims that you are more intelligent and mature then I am. You might be more book smart then me but you proved that your no more mature then I am. And were not on here to talk about how smart we as people, were on here to talk about the Knicks and basketball. My basketball knowledge exceeds yours. I made several points in my argument that you avoided.

Theres ways to criticize basketball players without actin childish. The other day getrealistic said that Marbury has been a "C" so far, disagreeing with Kiyaman who said Marbury was a "B+"....Thats something that is respectable. I can respect that, I give marbury a C+ so far. Im not biased, I tell it how it is. He had too many turnovers in the first 2 games, and he had too many fouls in the 3rd game. He has done some things very well though.

My problem is with ignorant posters who buy into the medias bullshit, who cheer when they hear anything bad about marbury, who take things outta context to make him look bad, and generally want to see him fail.

Originally Posted by portega1968
Newsday's Shaun Powell:

Thats actin childish and immature. You cant even try to defend yourself, and its too late to edit your post. You went on to say this:

There was nothing controversial about what marbury said in his recent interview. He said that hes a starter, displaying his confidence that he has in himself. He went on to say that If coach wants him to come off the bench, thats what he'll do and that all he wants to do is win a championship. What do you expect me to think when your taking his quotes out of context, and the other post i just quoted before this one. The one where you said "I WONDER WHO HE'S TALKING ABOUT!!!"

Thats it, im done with exposing you. I hope you dont take it personal, its only the internet. No reason to be gettin all upset, trying to prove yourself to me by bringin up some CPA exam. I could care less about that stuff, congratulations. Its good to see your doing good in real life. I've had alotta success recently too. What happens on here doesnt mean shit. Its not worth gettin upset over. Damn, you even made fun of my name. To tell you the truth im not a big fan of msgknickz33 either. I had another name on here 3 or 4 years ago but i forgot the password so i had to make a new one. Maybe Ill get that changed. But for you to point that out, thats just another childish thing you did. Im done with you, I aint got nothin else to say.

portega1968

El Cacique
amico, I was talking about Jazzy Jeff.

I see we can finally agree on something... that you can get off my pinga.

please stay off and keep your insults to yourself.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
amico, I was talking about Jazzy Jeff.

I see we can finally agree on something... that you can get off my pinga.

please stay off and keep your insults to yourself.

Do you like the Gold mac 10 better then Jazzy jeff? Thats what i go by now

Im done insulting you, like i already said :teeth: