Stephen A Says

smokes

Huge Member
Interesting point....would u trade Williams for Melo straight up ?

Maybe, I like Melo a lot and tbh I don't think we NEED an elite PG to go far I really think a competent PG in this team is all we need to go far. Well a competent PG and a bench. And a well run team, either by MDA or someone else (preferably someone else IMO but I just can't see it happening sadly).

I mean seriously, when you look at our team on paper it looks WOW... If we had a distributor. Even if we still had Felton. Our team would look awesome. We are not performing right now but I seriously can't see these guys lying down and playing like this for an entire season, it would be a disgrace.

Wargames

Starter
No More Trades..... Nothing good has ever come from the Knicks trading. We always lose them. Also Stephen A is an idiot, I can't stand him. He was the biggest Jack Ass screaming the Knicks have to trade whomever and whatever to get Melo. Now he is saying trade for Dwight when Chandler has been playing great at Center for the knicks.

Coaching & the Back Court are the main issues followed closely by Lack of depth. The Knicks already have to many eggs in too few Baskets. All this trade would do is make a bad situation worse.

If Dolan wants to keep fans away from the Nets & the Brooklyn Stadium he had better fix this team and give the Knicks an identity fans aren't embarrassed to support.

KingofNy

Starter
No More Trades..... Nothing good has ever come from the Knicks trading. We always lose them. Also Stephen A is an idiot, I can't stand him. He was the biggest Jack Ass screaming the Knicks have to trade whomever and whatever to get Melo. Now he is saying trade for Dwight when Chandler has been playing great at Center for the knicks.

Coaching & the Back Court are the main issues followed closely by Lack of depth. The Knicks already have to many eggs in too few Baskets. All this trade would do is make a bad situation worse.

If Dolan wants to keep fans away from the Nets & the Brooklyn Stadium he had better fix this team and give the Knicks an identity fans aren't embarrassed to support.

You're dead on man. This Knicks team is real hard to watch right now and with the injury to Jorts it doesn't look like it's getting better anytime soon. We need to have a good team coming into next season or I can see a lot of New Yorkers sick and tired of Dolan ball jumping ship to the next best local thing. Everyone here except for one person gets it, why doesn't Dolan?

CA7

Scoring Champ
If Melo goes to Orlando please believe he's going to go off.....Van Gundy is a great coach and knows how to get the most out of his players, Nelson-Richardson-Anthony-Davis-Chandler would be pretty damn good for them

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Sorry I reported this news.

@ 2:02, Stephen A Smith, who is beyond pissed off with this team right now, throws this spanner in the works.

Do I believe him? No I do not believe him. He's a big fan of this team, like him or not, and I think he's ready to stir things up by fabricating that this actually happened.

He said that players who look like they don't wanna be on the floor HAVE TO GO! That's Melo. Dude is whining but not dining.

He makes some good points, but **** me, does he have to be so loud!? Jesus.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/newyork/play?id=7490472&s=nyc

Eman

Benchwarmer
He seems to have a heart attack every week talking about this team. His voice gets very low for emphasis and then HIGH to wake you up.

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
More of what I thought. Him screaming about stuff that everyone already can see. Stephen A. Smith needs to go back to Philly and try and find A.I. so he can blow him again like pre 2000. :2cents: just like his podcast value :2cents:

fender0577

Rotation player

You my friend....are correct.

CA7

Scoring Champ
Why dont STAT and Melo just do the new restructure of their contract if winning is most important and make enough room for Deron Williams(who'd have to take a pay cut). I mean STAT said it, "its all about winning with me"

nyk_nyk

All Star
Before I go and see if Amare/D12 is a better combo than Melo/Amare, I first see if another coach can do a better job of making this work. Ideally, you wanna win with these core players and prevent looking like you made a mistake.

For the record, I think an Amare/D12 combo would be even worse. Antoni would now have 2 big men as focal points when he knows nothing about getting the best out of them in terms of placement and playcalling.

KingofNy

Starter
Stephen A was dead on about everything he said. This team is a joke right now and they're killing our players trade value along with making us fans look like fools. Amare needs to start posting up and and Melo needs to pass the ball more and most importantly, D'Antoni needs to fix his team's issues or GTFO NY. Seriously.

Red

TYPE-A
Wait...

So we had mediocre players and we were a mediocre team.

We got better players, and we're a mediocre team.

Now we want to engage in hypotheticals a month after these better players have been together?

Am I missing something?

Last year it was wait til' Felton, Gallo, Chandler, and STAT learn to play after they "buy into the system"

The year before it was wait til' Harrington, Duhon, and co. learn to play together and we get better players

So we waited, upgraded, they bought in, and still medocrity.

Now we should wait til' again? To get who? For them to buy into what?

N!gga please! You sound stupid. Playing this f*cking game. Smh.

insanity4289

Benchwarmer
Anyone who thinks Amare can play with Dwight Howard is lost. Amare mid game is decent but for the most part he can't create shots or drives off the dribble. Its usually one dribble and drive. This is why Chandler playing the 5 is hurting him. If Dwight is there it will be more of the same.

Although I think the combo of Melo and Howard will be better than Melo Chandler/Amare. The problem is with Melo in general. Either he isn't fast enough or doesn't know how to properly get open off the ball for an open shot. He needs to have the ball in his hand to create a shot. Usually a shitty shot at that.

Although he is nasty at times, his shot selection even when his Shooting Percentage is high is terrible.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Wait...

Now we want to engage in hypotheticals a month after these better players have been together?

Am I missing something?

Last year it was wait til' Felton, Gallo, Chandler, and STAT learn to play after they "buy into the system"

The year before it was wait til' Harrington, Duhon, and co. learn to play together and we get better players

Seriously, who doesn't get this????????? I guess we're wating for Nash huh?

insanity4289

Benchwarmer
Wait...

Am I missing something?

Although I agree with you. I don't really see how Amare can coincide with Chandler.

JujuXG

Benchwarmer
If its Dwright for Stat and Chandler, I take that in a heart beat.

Reason-
Dwright don't need the ball as much as Stat

Better rebound and defense with Dwright in the middle

Possible Dwill be attractive to sign with us because of dwright and melo

CoolRunnings

Benchwarmer
I am beginning to doubt if some people on here ever played the game of basketball. Which is totally fine but you have to understand why Amare's game is off.

1. Amare thrived last year because he played the center position. The reason for this is becasue most centers defending him are hesistant to step out to guard him allowing him wide open midrange shots. When they did step up he blew past them becuase of him playing out of position.

2. This year he's playing his "natural position" at the power forward. This means he is guarded by more athletic more agile, quicker defenders. Now they are up on him disrubiting his timing on his jump shots. They also move faster from side to side causing him to dribble and turn over.

3. With the two points above said this year is the year he needs a point guard most. He needs the pick and roll to get his looks, and to free up his mid range. He needs guards who penatrate and kick the ball out to 10-15 feet away.

-If we look at Amare's shots this year he is really getting the ball in horrible spots. Not in rythm and not in the flow of the offense.

Here is a video of Amare's highlights from last season. Pay paticular attention who is scoring his jump shots on. Also look at his dunks, most of them come off passes off penetration by guards or by him blowing passed Centers who cant keep up with him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrdA_NKceBc

For Amare to be successful as he was last year a few things need to happen:

1. He needs a decent pg to set him up.

2. Amare NEEDS his jumper back.

3. Dantoni NEEDS to be smart and sometimes have Amare play the 5 when chandler is resting this causes many match up problems for other teams.

4. Only play him at the Center when your not playing teams who dont have centers that can score. So dont play him at center against, Lakers, Magic, Memphis and teams like that.

5. Chandler needs to hug the baseline when Amare is in the pick n roll.

MusketeerX

Rotation player
If you can trade Melo and Chandler for Howard then of course you do it.
That would free up enough money to sign a PG at Max.
YOU WOULD BE A FOOL NOT TO DO THIS TRADE.

Deron William ( we would have money and he wants to stay in NY )
Amare
Howard

is much better then

Melo
Amare
Chandler

This is spot on.. We get Deron if we do this deal. I love Amar'e, but if Orland is willing to do this, I would in a heartbeat.

KingofNy

Starter
Although I agree with you. I don't really see how Amare can coincide with Chandler.

How do you know until we have a coach that specializes in running a half-court offense? D'Antoni only knows and has only been successful in the run & gun. It's obvious what the problem is here. We be just as good with a bum as our coach.