Supposed to be a Knick

GetRealistic

Starter
What SKILLZ? we are talking about our 6th Pick!
We had two young Raw SF in Balkman & Chandler that Gallo skillz and B-Ball IQ could not touch in the SLG.
QUOTE]

And he learned all of this from the 10 minutes of Summer league action Gallinari played in?

GetRealistic

Starter
Gallinari played over 30 minutes in the SLG
and was only effective in 6 minutes of that game

And your going to judge his performance on his one and only summer league performance? Greg Oden got hurt in his first summer league game, he must suck. Pretty sure Kevin Durant was like 1-15 on his first game he must suck.

If you want to hate Gallinari blindly more power to you. But don't use a performance in a summer league game as a reason.

I'd take Gallinari over Renaldo Balkman every day of the week. I may even take your pet player D. Nicholes over Balkman. Balkman has the lowest basketball IQ and offensive skill set i've ever seen.

I said it before and i'll say it again. Let the 19 year-old play some games, then if you want to continue to blindly hate go for it. But until he actually plays a game you really can't complain.

metrocard

Legend
To the people who say Lopez isn't special:

He's a 7 foot 20 year old center.
He plays very good man to man defense.
He's a shot blocker.
He can score with his back to the basket.
He has range from 18 feet.
Very good FT shooter for a big man.
Great court awareness defensively and offensively.
Adequate passer out of the post.
A lot of potential.
Hard worker.

Lopez is a type of dude capable of producing Yao Ming numbers without the bias Chinese all star votes.

Seriously.
Please research, before you label a player.

Lopez is SPECIAL, he's going to be a very good center in the NBA.

So will another prospected I've scouted for a long time in D.J. Augustine.

I wanted both of these guys, but Gallinari wasn't a terrible pick.

Gallinari was on my top 3.

Augustin
Lopez
Gallinari.

Akamu

The King
I always thought Lopez was a player that would go far in the league, the only thing that I didn't like was his soft looking moves it reminded me of Tim Duncan, he's a good player but I don't like that particular style.

I would have been happy if he joined us, hopefully Gallinari was worth it, just our luck to have an injured rookie.

What about Robin Lopez? Lol

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Brook is special, and he may be a great player. But is he more special than Gallo? Idk, since Gallo isnt playing lol

Kiya, i see u are comparing Gallo to the Euro busts in previous drafts like Darko or Tskitishvili - sort out your facts please
answer me this - what are their stats in main Euro leagues?
those guys were made by scouts and workouts; Gallo made his own name by dominating some of top Euro competitions

Lopez is a type of dude capable of producing Yao Ming numbers without the bias Chinese all star votes.

I wouldnt mind having Brook here instead of Gallo too, probably the only guy from those below No.6.
But "capable" is exactly the word with Brook. He isnt exactly dominating every game like Tim Duncan in his rooky year. Brook is inconsistent, he isnt a finished product yet, he's still got much space to improve.

Brook got lots of talent, but so does Gallo. We really need to stop making categorical comparisons on these two guys for a while. till they both get a few years of nba experience

Last edited:

Paul1355

All Star
Rookie Center Brook Lopez is averaging close to a double-double (10-8) this season. Last night vs the centerless Thunders Brook Lopez added 31pts, 13rbds, and 2blks, which played a huge part in his team OT win.

Watching the Knicks par performance with each competitor has become annoying so I guess all my Post this season is annoying.
We are a Knick team that perform well with a top team and then perform like a bust to a low busted team.
Beating Boston and New Orleans was great.....but all the losses in between those two wins has to be ANNOYING.

Back in the daze (1960's to 1980's) a 7.0 C-Brook Lopez would've been considered a Top 1 or Top 2 draft pick.
One would think with the Curry & Zach mis-calculation as a decent bigman tandem that died before getting started, then Jerome James consistant 150 DNP games, and how well our SF-Chandler and PF-Lee clicked so well together in the last 20 games of last season, plus not resigning or inviting C-Randolph Morris to the SLG.....the Knicks would've jumped high off the ground on the oportunity to select "7.0 Brook Lopez" with the 6th pick.....then signed the Knicks ex-player Patrick Ewing as the assistant bigman coach whom was knocking on the Knicks door after the playoffs.
Especially, when the Knicks had plans already of signing FA PG-Duhon by signing him the first week of the FA signing before Philly could give him an offer. Getting a Young Center that rebounds & block shots and a young pass-first PG would've been a "BIG" sign of a rebuiding Knick Team.

This was the (NEW) 2008-9 season where we were supposed to (finally) give (ALL) our young players decent playingtime minutes together......with whatever (Isiah) veteran players that was not traded during the offseason.

I think Lopez was also a missed opportunity but if Danillo winds up being half of what every scout said he can be...then he was worth it over Lopez.

We can get a big sho0t blocking center in Hasheem Thabeet this year anyways.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The Knicks should have drafted Brook Lopez, because Eddy Curry wasn't doing his job. Even if Gallinari turns out to be good, we didn't need to draft him. Wilson Chandler is good enough to play small forward, and Renaldo Balkman would have made a good backup small forward, had we kept him. Now, the Knicks have to use Jared Jeffries at center. I think the fact that he's our starting center is proof that the Knicks should have gotten Lopez.

Kiyaman sees the light. That's why he's a top 10 poster on this site, along with the other legends.