• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

KingCharles34

All Star
Just wanted to point that out

Billups is a better 3pt shooter then wade
Carmello is a better mid and long range shooter then Lebron
Amare is more versatile offensively then Bosh

Wade and Lebron are almost the same player, same with amare and carmello but it will work better for us

Wade and Lebrons biggest strength is attacking the basket

Carmello and Amare = Mid range and close range

They will create openings for Fields and billups to knock down 3's

All we need is a center....Shelden williams is one of the worst players ever

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Well Billups we don't even know if he's staying after next season.

I'm not a fan of LeBron, but nobody in the league is the scorer he is. He also is very streaky with his shots.

Anyway, I don't know who's big three NOW is better, but we certainly can beat them.

KingCharles34

All Star
Ill be the first to admit Miami's got the better big 3 just because lebron and wade are both very good defenders in my opinion. But offensively I believe that our big 3 is more skilled.

I dont think we're better then them yet but i honestly think we matchup better with bumston then Miami, depending on how well billups can slow down rondo. Its been proven that bumston cant stop amare and carmello is like a younger, bigger, stronger pierce without the 3pt shot and with inconsistent defense. If he does play defense consistently for the Knicks then Anthony is pierces worse nightmare and will force his injury faking ass into early retirement

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Ill be the first to admit Miami's got the better big 3 just because lebron and wade are both very good defenders in my opinion. But offensively I believe that our big 3 is more skilled.

I dont think we're better then them yet but i honestly think we matchup better with bumston then Miami, depending on how well billups can slow down rondo. Its been proven that bumston cant stop amare and carmello is like a younger, bigger, stronger pierce without the 3pt shot and with inconsistent defense. If he does play defense consistently for the Knicks then Anthony is pierces worse nightmare and will force his injury faking ass into early retirement
If we get say, Camby, then Boston will probably be our biggest challenge in the East. We beat the Heat in our last meeting, but without Bosh. If we get the defense in the paint, it's gonna be a big deal. We can still beat the Heat now, but this would be a major upgrade.

The Celtics will be tough, with a center such as Camby or not. Our bench would have to step up. They have a good one. USE WALKER.

KingCharles34

All Star
^^

I agree, and i hope Azubuike finally gets some minutes too. I do think we would be better then Miami with Camby. But as far as boston goes, its tough to say. As great of a defender Camby still is hed be going up against much more physical players.

KBlack25

Starter
Losing Moz hurts b/c our only center really right now is Turiaf, we were shallow at C before, really shallow now...I hear rumors we might pick up Earl Barron but I'd like someone more seasoned who doesn't need the ball in his hands and just stands in the middle and blocks shots. Camby would be PERFECT :).

KingCharles34

All Star
^^

No, not yet. I was reachin like Nate Robinson in a few years

The whole thread is actually a reach if you factor in defense :redface:

KBlack25

Starter
**** I hope Donnie stays hot on Camby's tail (no homo). I just visualized the lineup of

Billups
Fields
Melo
Stat
Camby

Omfg i jizzed
df76361b-840b-4c27-9f8c-4650b77710a3.jpg

la2ny

Starter
lmao yeah if we somehow swing a deal for Camby we'd be in a good position. Our bench would be nice too and have alot of energy and more importantly could cause havoc on D.

Turiaf
She.Williams
Sha.Williams
Walker
Douglas

That 2nd unit is 10 times better than what we had and we'd be 10 deep or atleast 9!!!!
OMFG one can only dream:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=47jr5hl

Trade Brewer,Azubuike,Mason, and Balkman for Camby...

we can also try to get Ryan Hollins from Cleveland who reminds me of Camby. Or maybe Nazr Mouhammed.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4kjpf2f

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4g9yu8w

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
You know, this trade is easing up on me a bit with the thought of a true defensive and rebounding center.

BUT, PLEASE, LET WALSH TAKE CARE OF THE REST

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Well Billups we don't even know if he's staying after next season.

I'm not a fan of LeBron, but nobody in the league is the scorer he is. He also is very streaky with his shots.

Anyway, I don't know who's big three NOW is better, but we certainly can beat them.

I think Melo is a better pure scorer than Lebron (so is Kobe). He is not however the better all-around player. Melo is still the best pure scorer in the league IMO. Maybe by next year it'll be Durant, but for right now its still Melo.

la2ny

Starter
I think Melo is a better pure scorer than Lebron (so is Kobe). He is not however the better all-around player. Melo is still the best pure scorer in the league IMO. Maybe by next year it'll be Durant, but for right now its still Melo.
For some reason I don't see Durant as a better pure scorer than Melo. He's a better shooter for sure, but Kevin takes to many threes for me you know. Whenever I see him play it looks like he chucks up atleast 3-4 30 footers a game with a hand in his face for no reason.

KingCharles34

All Star
Well i made a reference to how Nate will be reaching in a few years. What i meant by that is because hes only 5'7, once he starts to lose his hops he'll be reaching for that rim. It will probably be more like 4 or 5 years. Then shortly after that you can say RIP to his career.

*edit*

No hate though Nate and shaq are the only celtics that im cool with

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
For some reason I don't see Durant as a better pure scorer than Melo. He's a better shooter for sure, but Kevin takes to many threes for me you know. Whenever I see him play it looks like he chucks up atleast 3-4 30 footers a game with a hand in his face for no reason.

I hear you LA. I just think Durant has a lot of room to grow. He just so talented at that height. That dude could average 35 ppg in a season. Your right tho. He does fall in love w the three at times. I think he has this tendency because he can usually shoot over the man guarding him.

WrongIslander

Rotation player
Melo is second to no one in scoring. He's in the top 3 in his position but if it's pure scoring you want, he's number 1 till further notice.