The Official Wilson Chandler is Overrated Thread

New New York

Quiet Storm
and Chandler became overrated when people didn't want to trade him for Washington's #5 pick.

Who didnt want to do that? That would have resulted in us getting Rubio and even though Will is my favorite Knick, I wouldve for sure dumped him for that

Now, if Walsh had drafted Curry instead of Rubio it would not have been worth it to have lost Chandler

Not to mention, that rumor was never confirmed.

metrocard

Legend
Take that sanitized hand and slap yourself for making up such a dumb thread. Anybody that knows hoops can see Chandler has more upside and Gallo is the role player. Chandler is way more athletic and has more game inside and out. I could check Gallo and I am twice his age and half his height. All you have to do is take away his dribble and he is done. I would take my chances on him throwing up those 3 point bombs all day long. Gallo shoots more doorknobs than anything and has no game inside the circle. Wilson is a matchup nightmare because he is bigger than most 2 guards and quicker than most small forwards. Gallo is a poor man's Toni Krukoc.

Basically everything you wrote is untrue, no one here will ever agree with you, even the biggest Chandler an.
Why waste my time in correcting you?
You was ignorant and will forever be ignorant.
You're just in all honestly a midwest troll who hypes up midwest players to the max. This NYC you little bitch, respect it or get the f out, you ho.
Peace out.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Who didnt want to do that? That would have resulted in us getting Rubio and even though Will is my favorite Knick, I wouldve for sure dumped him for that

Now, if Walsh had drafted Curry instead of Rubio it would not have been worth it to have lost Chandler

Not to mention, that rumor was never confirmed.

The reason Walsh didn't do it is because nobody actually thought Rubio would fall to 5. The assumption is that he would've been taken by somebody in the top 4. If Walsh knew Rubio was falling to 5 you bet your ass he would've traded up for him. Stephen Curry, on the other hand, definitely not worth trading up for.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Take that sanitized hand and slap yourself for making up such a dumb thread. Anybody that knows hoops can see Chandler has more upside and Gallo is the role player. Chandler is way more athletic and has more game inside and out. I could check Gallo and I am twice his age and half his height. All you have to do is take away his dribble and he is done. I would take my chances on him throwing up those 3 point bombs all day long. Gallo shoots more doorknobs than anything and has no game inside the circle. Wilson is a matchup nightmare because he is bigger than most 2 guards and quicker than most small forwards. Gallo is a poor man's Toni Krukoc.

Chandler has more upside than Gallo? Gallo is a role player?? Aren't you a bulls fan? It's obvious you know nothing about the Knicks.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Chandler has more upside than Gallo? Gallo is a role player?? Aren't you a bulls fan? It's obvious you know nothing about the Knicks.

Been over this a million times but I will go over this again for the slow or the stupid. I am a KNICKS FAN. I just happen to live in CHICAGO. Been rooting for the Knicks since 91'. Were you even born yet??? When I started rooting for the Knicks the "X" man was the big star along with Ewing. Why would I bother to post here if I wasn't a KNICKS fan??? To increase my basketball IQ???? Not hardly. I post here so the rest of the world doesn't think all KNICKS fans are complete IDIOTS!!!!

metrocard

Legend
Been over this a million times but I will go over this again for the slow or the stupid. I am a KNICKS FAN. I just happen to live in CHICAGO. Been rooting for the Knicks since 91'. Were you even born yet??? When I started rooting for the Knicks the "X" man was the big star along with Ewing. Why would I bother to post here if I wasn't a KNICKS fan??? To increase my basketball IQ???? Not hardly. I post here so the rest of the world doesn't think all KNICKS fans are complete IDIOTS!!!!

You should be banned for this post.
The worst post, ever.

metrocard

Legend
Dude is so ****ing overrated.

Chandler is as average as it gets. Chandler has a mediocre 15 ppg 5 rebs 2 assist...his defense is overrated as hell He's an okay help defender but one on one he isn't nothing to brag about. We don't need Chandler, We have Gallo, Randolph who can play the SF/PF better than Wilson. Theres no reason to keep him. He has no business being on this team.

elcol

Rotation player
jimkcchief88

do you ever talk about anything besides:

a) your validity as a knick fan
b) your age

????

Kiyaman

Legend
Dude is so ****ing overrated.

Chandler is as average as it gets. Chandler has a mediocre 15 ppg 5 rebs 2 assist...his defense is overrated as hell He's an okay help defender but one on one he isn't nothing to brag about. We don't need Chandler, We have Gallo, Randolph who can play the SF/PF better than Wilson. Theres no reason to keep him. He has no business being on this team.

Metro....have u seen what Randolph will give us yet?
do u think Felton/Amare is going to be the same as Nash/Amare within
2 season?
I didnt like any of Chandler's games last season, b/c I know his talent is twice
as better than Gallo talent at the SF spot.
Gallo first full season in the NBA has not been impresive or explosive.
But Chandler/Granger/and Deng were impresive & explosive

metrocard

Legend
Metro....have u seen what Randolph will give us yet?
do u think Felton/Amare is going to be the same as Nash/Amare within
2 season?
I didnt like any of Chandler's games last season, b/c I know his talent is twice
as better than Gallo talent at the SF spot.
Gallo first full season in the NBA has not been impresive or explosive.
But Chandler/Granger/and Deng were impresive & explosive

How do you call Chandler explosive when he gets to the free throw line at a lesser rate than Gallinari, who you claim isn't explosive? Gallo was playing 70% last season too and it was his first legit rookie season.

Gallo alot of times was our go to guy, while Chandler settled for being a 3rd option on offense.

Chandler is a very soft and not aggressive basketball player.

His talent is dunking a basketball, which 95% of the NBA can do. He's not special.

Talent is Gallo, 6"10 Point Forward with handles, passing, offensive awareness, toughness, aggresiveness, leadership, footwork, and 3pt range.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Agreed.

It's not so much that I don't think Rudy can be successful on our team, he can.

But there's no reason we should give up a decent two-way player like Wilson Chandler to get a player that essentially has zero value for Portland. Rudy's already specified that he's not playing for the Blazers next year - there's no reason we should have to give up a decent player in order to get a guy who's already in the doghouse of his team.

We should hold out and see if we can get Rudy for Bill Walker and a 2nd rounder.