This article explains everything

Red

TYPE-A
Is this tirade directed at me?

Nope. Simply speculating what D'ant really meant. Any coach can blame others. Excuses are for the weak. Just let me know exactly when it's time to hold THIS coach accountable. Until then I'm not interested in avoidance and disassociation. One.

Paul1355

All Star
if this team played hard defense, we'd be winning. Like I posted on the other thread. You can't tell me, Hughes, Chandler, Toney Douglas, Jared Jefffires, Jordan Hill aren't capable of shutting down teams! THese guys know defense, but we are unlucky enough to have a coach who only teaches offense.....

Umm the only guy i disagree with is Jeffries having the ability to shut down players on defense. I think he is so over rated on defense it is not even funny. If you watch Jeffries closely, there are so many times were he loses his man and gives up easy buckets that a guy who is 6'11 long arms and some athleticism should be able to stop.

Taking a charge does not make a you a shut down defender, I dont care how many times Mike Breen is going to praise Jeffries even though we all know his brain is the size of a peanut. Jeffries gets over powered by other Centers, only blocks guards, and what pisses me off the most about him is that he always makes the attempt for the offensive rebound by running towards the hoop and NEVER gets the rebound. While Jordan Hill seems like he averages atleast 2 offensive rebounds for every 5 min he plays.

Kiyaman

Legend
I'd rather have mike dunleavy as coach right now.

That makes two of us......

I said it when he was hired and I'll keep saying it till he's Fired,
"Celebrity Coach Dantoni is a Bum-Coach!".
Dantoni is coaching the Knicks the same way he coached the Denver Nuggets. Good enough to be Fired, go back to Italy for a year, sign on as assistant coach in Phoenix, after his first season he help to get Phoenix headcoach fired to become the interim coach of 4-All-Star players.

Gallo is a 12 to 18 minutes per game player especially with a headcoach that does not know how to write-up a play-book-plan during a time-out to screen for Gallo to take the shot in less than 12 seconds.
How quick is Gallo in a catch n shoot situation?
Is he as quick as Reggie Miller, Alan Houston, and Ray Allen were in college? NO!
b/c it will be many years before Gallo can get close to those players "catch n shoot" NBA time.

"He's the best shooter I ever seen" what an idiot.

Kiyaman

Legend
There is a very good article by Howard Beck of the Times It is dated February 10, 2010. If I knew how to get it to the site, I would not call myself "Oldtimer."

The point of the article was "lack of talent." Think about it If we eliminate our free agents except for Lee and add him to next year's under contract team we have Lee, Chandler, Gallo, Hill, Douglas, Jefferies and Curry. Compare those 7 with any other team's top 7 Add in the fact that we do not have a 1st round draft pick and the other teams do. Is there any team worse off than the Knicks are in terms of talent level? Perhaps I would prefer the Knicks seven over Boston's seven, because they are old and their window of opportunity is closing.

Our only hope is to buy a star with our cap space.

Does the article say that the Knicks dont have a 34 mpg Kobe, 34 mpg Gasol, 34 mpg Odom, 34 mpg Artest, 30 mpg Fisher, or a 28 mpg Bynum on their roster where they could play a 7-man or 8-man rotation and win.

Does the article have lockerroom problems with DNP players watching Duhon's repeated poor performance, or the late addition of a career 18 minute 7-foot player who hav'nt played in the NBA in for 4 years that luv to shoot 3 point shot, receiving playingtime over 7 other Knick players that been waiting for steady playingtime since training-camp.
Does the article include the Knicks not having one super-star or star-player on the roster that gives the team a 32 minute solid performance each game.
Or that the Knicks roster consist of several 18 to 28 mpg decent performance players on their roster (total 8 players), and that Lee & Nate are the only 30 or more mpg players on the roster.....which means the Knicks should've had 10 players in their rotation in each game this season for a win.

Paul1355

All Star
Kiya is the oracle

That makes two of us......

I said it when he was hired and I'll keep saying it till he's Fired,
"Celebrity Coach Dantoni is a Bum-Coach!".
Dantoni is coaching the Knicks the same way he coached the Denver Nuggets. Good enough to be Fired, go back to Italy for a year, sign on as assistant coach in Phoenix, after his first season he help to get Phoenix headcoach fired to become the interim coach of 4-All-Star players.

Gallo is a 12 to 18 minutes per game player especially with a headcoach that does not know how to write-up a play-book-plan during a time-out to screen for Gallo to take the shot in less than 12 seconds.
How quick is Gallo in a catch n shoot situation?
Is he as quick as Reggie Miller, Alan Houston, and Ray Allen were in college? NO!
b/c it will be many years before Gallo can get close to those players "catch n shoot" NBA time.

"He's the best shooter I ever seen" what an idiot.
Hey Kiyaman...I remember when Mike D first signed with the knicks and how everyone, including myself, was happy we got this guy because he seemed legit and was all about chemistry. You were the only poster I remember that predicted these events to occur with Mike D showing his true colors as a poor celebrity coach that was only good in Phoenix because he had great players. I give you props my friend.

The way Gallo is playing right now he should be a sixth man until he starts playing aggressive. Harrington, Hughes, and even Landry can use some of Gallo's 35 min per game. It is also sad, as you spoke about, how Mike D can't write up set plays with Gallo getting a decent shot. I always see Mike D with his stupid drawing boared....what does he draw on that board?