This Past Season. It's been a good one.

Choose which you'd prefer for the future:

• Total voters

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
:alert:BOOOOOOOOORRRRRRIIIIINNNNNNGGGGGG:alert:

Jesus Christ dude. How can you type competently with Marbury's nuts in your hand?

And he's playing SO ****ing well for the Celtics too.

Let go of him and his overpaid testicles.

We cleared these fools out so we could make the future something to look forward to.

That playoff line up of yours was a bust. Crap guards & players that don't even nor ever will play for us. 2 black holes in Crawful & Z Bo. How would Wilson Chandler ever have progressed with those Maggots & Mebury on the floor?

Again you vicariously live your depression through assumptions about the Knicks being lead by your Homolord Marbury.

The Celtics only took him on cos they had no other choice. And look what he's done for them. As much as he did for the Knicks

NOTHING!

Please get Mike D'Antoni's dick out your esophagus.

What have the Knicks done with Mike D'Antoni?

The team is 28-42.

You can moan and scream like a little b!tc# all you want, but the fact remains that if Mike D'Antoni fails to win 34 games this year, this season was a complete failure.

Why? Because the Knicks already won 33 games with Isiah Thomas who was doing a horrible job with the team.

The Knicks were 6-5, with a lineup that included the same two players who you claim are black holes(Jamal Crawford and Zach Randolph).

Trading your top 2 scorers, when the team is winning is what caused the team to lose so many games.

Thanks to your anal pirate, Mike D'Antoni, and your Daddy, Donnie Walsh, the team still has scrubs like Eddy Curry, Quentin Richardson, Larry Hughes, and Jared Jeffries.

Thanks to your two husbands, the team drafted a one dimensional, injury prone role player, at best, over a shot blocking, scoring, rebounding center.

It is obvious you are pregnant, because Mike D'Antoni and Donnie Walsh both fertilized two of your eggs.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I'm with ABCD, here. Jamal and Zach are far from perfect, but no one is. Just because you don't hear stories about certain guys, it doesn't mean they're not causing trouble for teammates or coaches. The bottom line is that you work on things.

If we would have kept, at the least, Randolph and Craw, with Lopez, had we drafted him, at center, a guy who can defend the middle and score in the post, we would have been a playoff team. Of course, as contracts expire we add pieces of a higher caliber: a star SG/SF, for example, to replace Chandler or Crawford as a wing player. The main piece to retain would be Lopez, to either be the leader or a stabilizing force for a good perimeter player or two.

As for seeing the big picture, the big picture starts with the small one. There was no need to get rid of Craw or Zach, when we still are basically paying the same salaries, for guys that are at, or below, their level of talent.

And Gallinari's performance, this year, speaks for itself.

Red

TYPE-A

The team is 28-42.

You can moan and scream like a little b!tc# all you want, but the fact remains that if Mike D'Antoni fails to win 34 games this year, this season was a complete failure.

Why? Because the Knicks already won 33 games with Isiah Thomas who was doing a horrible job with the team.

The Knicks were 6-5, with a lineup that included the same two players who you claim are black holes(Jamal Crawford and Zach Randolph).

Trading your top 2 scorers, when the team is winning is what caused the team to lose so many games.

Thanks to your anal pirate, Mike D'Antoni, and your Daddy, Donnie Walsh, the team still has scrubs like Eddy Curry, Quentin Richardson, Larry Hughes, and Jared Jeffries.

Thanks to your two husbands, the team drafted a one dimensional, injury prone role player, at best, over a shot blocking, scoring, rebounding center.

It is obvious you are pregnant, because Mike D'Antoni and Donnie Walsh both fertilized two of your eggs.

Damn....LOL!!!! What have the Knicks done with Mike D'Antoni? Prove Defense wins games. Lol at the Great White Hyped coach getting a pass.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
It boggles my mind that there are people on here that wanted Isiah's team to still be here. And yet still complain about D'Antoni as a terrible coach. Hypocrites. They are essentially saying...Isiah's team was good but Isiah was a bad coach and D'Antoni could have led that team deep in the playoffs but D'Antoni is a terrible coach. Make up your minds.

Crawford and Zach were not going to win us a championship and were only going to limit our cap flexibility. Keeping Crawford and Zach, in addition to signing Lee and Nate plus this year's draft pick, would not have allowed us to sign a big-time free agent in 2010.

So essentially, you guys are satisfied with just making the playoffs. I want championships, and the current strategy is worth it to me rather than holding on to Crawford and Zach. No team will ever win a championship with both Crawford and Zach.

Case closed. So suck it up Isiahlovers. You all will be eating your words when we win a championship in 2010.

TunerAddict

Starter
It boggles my mind that there are people on here that wanted Isiah's team to still be here. And yet still complain about D'Antoni as a terrible coach. Hypocrites. They are essentially saying...Isiah's team was good but Isiah was a bad coach and D'Antoni could have led that team deep in the playoffs but D'Antoni is a terrible coach. Make up your minds.

Crawford and Zach were not going to win us a championship and were only going to limit our cap flexibility. Keeping Crawford and Zach, in addition to signing Lee and Nate plus this year's draft pick, would not have allowed us to sign a big-time free agent in 2010.

So essentially, you guys are satisfied with just making the playoffs. I want championships, and the current strategy is worth it to me rather than holding on to Crawford and Zach. No team will ever win a championship with both Crawford and Zach.

Case closed. So suck it up Isiahlovers. You all will be eating your words when we win a championship in 2010.

They are terrible indeed. Its just that they aren't that bright in terms of basketball.

Crawford is a 41% shooter and ZBO is a 43% shooter. That is BELOW league average. That is below the TEAM average. If they put up 100 points it would still hurt the team if they shot those percentages. Its a simple numbers game.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Prospects for the Future

Before the season started there was a thread that asked for opinions as to the number of games the Knicks would win. As I recall, most responses were within the 28 to 35 win range.

I am not dissatisfied with the number of wins this year, but only because that number will be within reasonable expectations. I certainly do not like another losing season. But I also do not like what we appear to have going forward.

I was not unhappy with the Gallinari pick when it was made, but OGKnickFan is plainly right that Lopez would have been the better pick. Even at 100%, Gallinari does not look quick enough or strong enough to be an inside threat or a post defender. We needed, and we still need, an inside presence. Lopez would have filled that need.

We will have a draft pick this year -- probably around the 10th pick. We won't get Griffin, Rubio, Monroe or Thabeet with that pick. We do not have a 2010 first round draft pick.

For 2009, we have to deal with Lee and Nate. I am for trying to move up -- toward the front -- in the draft by trading one of them. Their restricted free agent status, however, diminishes their trade value.

We are otherwise stuck with our current team for the 2009 season. I had hoped that some of our trades would have produced draft picks or promising young players. We got nothing but "used" veterans without 2010 price tags.

Duhon is at best an adequate point guard. Hughes will cost over $13M. Who is going to take him for that amount, particularly when he will be a free agent in 2010? Ditto for Q at $8.7M and Harrington at $10M. I do not see them as valuable trading chips.

And then, of course, we still have Curry and Jeffries and their contracts for two more years. They are not part of the future and they, particularly Curry, will be very difficult to deal.

For 2010, our currently committed players are Curry at $11.3M and Jeffries at $6.8M. Both Chandler and Gallinari have team option contracts at $1.8M and $2.8M, respectively. Chandler is certainly a keeper. Depending on his health, Gallinari may or may not be. We will also have our 2009 draft pick, whoever that may be.

We are supposedly rebuilding, but where is the foundation? Other than the pool of 2010 free agents, I do not see much on the horizon.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Stephon Marbury is a 2x All Star, and he had an expiring contract at the time. Refusing to use him and letting him go for nothing was clearly a stupid move. What exactly did the Knicks get out of the Marbury buyout? Oh, yeah, nothing.

Jamal Crawford is one dimensional, but the one thing he knows how to do is score points. He was playing well in D'Antoni's system, and the team was winning.

Zach Randolph is one of the 10 best power forwards in the NBA. To trade Randolph for Cuttino Mobley(who retired) and Tim Thomas(who was traded for Larry Hughes) is ludicrous.

Rather than trading those players, Donnie Walsh should have traded Eddy Curry with David Lee for expiring contracts and a draft pick. He should have also drafted Brook Lopez, on draft night.

The Knicks would have made the playoffs this year, had they had a starting lineup of
PG 2x All Star, Veteran Marbury
SG 20 ppg Crawford
SF Young and talented Chandler
PF 20 point, 10 rebound, elite power forward Randolph
C potential All Star, skilled scorer, shotblocking Lopez

instead of

PG Duhon aka bench player
SG Hughes aka Mickey Mouse
SF Chandler
PF Harrington aka role player with inflated numbers on a losing team who's really a small forward
C Lee aka role player with inflated numbers on a losing team who's really a power forward.

you made some good points...i dont see how they can hate on your for this, we had a playoff team. D'antoni and Walsh ruined it, one move after another. Its not like Lebron will sign with us, Wade won't either. Amare is overrated, Bosh is soft. We shouldnt rely on free agency to rebuild our team, all we needed was brook lopez and it would have been a wrap.

jpz17

Starter
Stephon Marbury is a 2x All Star, and he had an expiring contract at the time. Refusing to use him and letting him go for nothing was clearly a stupid move. What exactly did the Knicks get out of the Marbury buyout? Oh, yeah, nothing.

Jamal Crawford is one dimensional, but the one thing he knows how to do is score points. He was playing well in D'Antoni's system, and the team was winning.

Zach Randolph is one of the 10 best power forwards in the NBA. To trade Randolph for Cuttino Mobley(who retired) and Tim Thomas(who was traded for Larry Hughes) is ludicrous.

Rather than trading those players, Donnie Walsh should have traded Eddy Curry with David Lee for expiring contracts and a draft pick. He should have also drafted Brook Lopez, on draft night.

The Knicks would have made the playoffs this year, had they had a starting lineup of
PG 2x All Star, Veteran Marbury
SG 20 ppg Crawford
SF Young and talented Chandler
PF 20 point, 10 rebound, elite power forward Randolph
C potential All Star, skilled scorer, shotblocking Lopez

instead of

PG Duhon aka bench player
SG Hughes aka Mickey Mouse
SF Chandler
PF Harrington aka role player with inflated numbers on a losing team who's really a small forward
C Lee aka role player with inflated numbers on a losing team who's really a power forward.

I'd give Zach for an expire anyday:peace:

TunerAddict

Starter
you made some good points...i dont see how they can hate on your for this, we had a playoff team. D'antoni and Walsh ruined it, one move after another. Its not like Lebron will sign with us, Wade won't either. Amare is overrated, Bosh is soft. We shouldnt rely on free agency to rebuild our team, all we needed was brook lopez and it would have been a wrap.

If that is a playoff team, then why did we win 23 games last year?

LeFlume

All Star
I'm surprise that Randolph and Crawford didn't finish 1 and 2 in the MVP voting last year. Some of you guys seem to think of them as perennial All-Stars. Does the word TEAM even exist in Randolph's vocabulary?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

The team is 28-42.

Thanks to your anal pirate, Mike D'Antoni, and your Daddy, Donnie Walsh, the team still has scrubs like Eddy Curry, Quentin Richardson, Larry Hughes, and Jared Jeffries. 3 of whom were acquired prior to D'Antoni's inception & are practically untradeable. If Jeffries & Curry's injuries didn't occur at the start of the season, we no doubt COULD have traded them. Did you know that Hommus?

You silly little sperm Gaybcd.

Carrying on about a team that would have been in the playoffs. There's a vast amount of assumptions pouring from your mouth as per usual.

It's busy isn't it. Your mouth I mean. Rotating perpetually between assumptions, Starbury's meat & trying to breathe.

When you finally realize that your hypocritical views about Mike D & Isiah's swarthy band of perennial underachievers, come & talk to me you bafoon.

You just tip toe about the site making assumptions about this & that and talking utter dribble about that which you really don't understand. All because you lost 3 gimps in Jamal, Zach & Stephony. Silly little man. You'll wake up one day.

You've gotta realize dude, you love the Knicks but you just can't fathom what they're doing. It's exceeded your thinking ability. You're all confused & scared because you just don't understand. Poor soul.

Good luck with it though. I added some posts from Tuner & LJ to help tutor you & hopefully bump that basketball IQ up a little bit ( & save me some time ). Can't say I'm hopeful for any outstanding results. Still it'd be a shame for you to constantly make a fool of yourself with moronic guess work.

Class is now in session.

They are terrible indeed. (As in you Gaybcd) Its just that they aren't that bright in terms of basketball.

Crawford is a 41% shooter and ZBO is a 43% shooter. That is BELOW league average. That is below the TEAM average. If they put up 100 points it would still hurt the team if they shot those percentages. Its a simple numbers game.
Does your head hurt? Take a painkiller and try again tomorrow.

moz-screenshot.jpg
cougars.jpg

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
My name is Crazy8s, and I can give birth in 8 months, instead of the customary 9.

Why do they call you crazy 8s?

Is it because it only takes you 8 months to give birth to D'Antoni's triplets that he impregnated you with?

First of all, little b!tch, Stephon Marbury was the only Knick player left over from the 2004 Knick playoff team.

Secondly, Zach Randolph shoots 47%, not 43%. Maybe you're talking about your free throw percentage, but last time I checked, you're not in the NBA.

Thirdly, Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford are both better than Larry Hughes.

I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings, but your husbands Walsh and D'Antoni have made several poor decisions, since coming to New York.

Go play some cards, Crazy8s.

There's only two places where Crazy8s belongs.

In the kitchen, and in D'Antoni's bedroom.

That guy in that picture must be your ugly mother, because I'm not white or a an autistic slut. Sorry.

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Why do they call you crazy 8s?

Is it because it only takes you 8 months to give birth to D'Antoni's triplets that he impregnated you with?

First of all, little b!tch, Stephon Marbury was the only Knick player left over from the 2004 Knick playoff team.

Secondly, Zach Randolph shoots 47%, not 43%. Maybe you're talking about your free throw percentage, but last time I checked, you're not in the NBA.

Thirdly, Zach Randolph and Jamal Crawford are both better than Larry Hughes.

I'm sorry if it hurts your feelings, but your husbands Walsh and D'Antoni have made several poor decisions, since coming to New York.

Go play some cards, Crazy8s.

There's only two places where Crazy8s belongs.

In the kitchen, and in D'Antoni's bedroom.

That guy in that picture must be your ugly mother, because I'm not white or a an autistic slut. Sorry.
What did I say to you boy?

Talk to me when you understand what's happening.

Why did we sign Larry Hughes. Can you figure it out? Why did we trade Z Bo & Crawful? THINK boy. Just think & then you may converse with me & stop being upset by your incoherence.

The only place you belong is in the shallow end of the Kiddie pool breaking off turds & engaging in conversation worthy of your short comings.

Be off with you.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
What did I say to you boy?

Talk to me when you understand what's happening.

Why did we sign Larry Hughes. Can you figure it out? Why did we trade Z Bo & Crawful? THINK boy. Just think & then you may converse with me & stop being upset by your incoherence.

The only place you belong is in the shallow end of the Kiddie pool breaking off turds & engaging in conversation worthy of your short comings.

Be off with you.

In other words, Crazy8s lost.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Ha Ha!

You & your band of merry faggots insignia of being overcome.

All you have to say is "You Lost"

****ing hilarious!

Once again boy, you were made to look silly. How does it feel honestly to have to revert to such weak puss.

"You Lost":teeth:

Comical yet slightly sad. ABCD, deary me. Not too sharp are we?

clumsy

Rotation player
All i know is that you are an idiot if you think we can win it all with Z-Bo and Crawford. I would argue we probably still would be struggling to make the playoffs. You can have one of them, if their supporting player is really strong defensively (a defensive minded center, or PG) or your team has strong team defense. but neither is a great #1 option. Z-Bo is an decent #1. Crawford is always bottom of the league in efficiency. I don't wanna hear that he can create....So many guards in this league can create...he is more unsucessful at it than others. Don Nelson doesn't even want him. That debate is over.

One of the more noticeable trends in the NBA is teams with garbage number 1 options being garbage teams.

On the original topic: We need a legit starter. We don't have one right now.

King Ewing

Banned
The season was fun at times, better then its been in the past 5 years. Things will get better, and this is the start of it.