Three-way Trade in the Works

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
wow!! are they seriously trading Crawford away!!? Crawford has pretty much single handedly given the knicks the wins they have with his starts and threes...sure Z has his daily points but WOW sending Crawford away is a bold move...Harrington has some shoes to fill

Akamu

The King
wow!! are they seriously trading Crawford away!!? Crawford has pretty much single handedly given the knicks the wins they have with his starts and threes...sure Z has his daily points but WOW sending Crawford away is a bold move...Harrington has some shoes to fill

2rxtjwkby0.gif

:wtf:

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
what do people not like about crawford? I don't get it. he's mad streaky but he looks like he's getting more consistent

portega1968

El Cacique
what do people not like about crawford? I don't get it. he's mad streaky but he looks like he's getting more consistent

Regardless of their good play or whatnot, there are 3 contracts (Curry, ZBo and Jamal) on our cap that get in the way of having a shot at the summer of 2010 free agent class. All of us want to see this team win now, but we must jump on any reasonable chance we have to get rid of these 3 deals.

More or less the same with Lee and Nate. Any shot of keeping those two hinge on getting rid of the other three.

If we only get rid of two of those deals, we would probably be in a position to compete for only one of those 2010 free agents. If we get rid of the three deals, then we would be in a nice position to resign our young guns and compete for two of those 2010 free agents.

I think we'll be interesting this year and have an outside shot at the playoffs even with these trades. Regardless, look at the 2010 bonanza cause it's worth any sacrifices we make now:
(source: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9031):)

2010 Unrestricted Free agents:

Joe Johnson
Ray Allen
Manu Ginobili
Marcus Camby
Tracey McGrady
Shaquille O'Neal
Brad Miller
Stephen Jackson
Jermaine O'Neal
Mike Miller
Rip Hamilton

2010 Players that can opt to become free agents (the real goodies):

Amare Stoudamire (owed 17.7 million in 10/11)
LeBron James (owed 17.2 million in 10/11)
Dwayne Wade (owed 17.0 million in 10/11)
Chris Bosh (owed 17.1 million in 10/11)
Dirk Nowitzki (owed $21.5 million in 10/11)
Josh Howard (owed $11.8 million in 10/11)
Mike Redd (owed $18.3 million in 10/11)
Tyson Chandler (owed $12.8 million in 10/11)

So again, IMO, any deals that get us closer to living without the three contracts (Eddy, Curry and ZBO) are welcome.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I disagree with this trade. Jamal Crawford was playing well this season. The Knicks should have tried to get rid of Eddy Curry and Quentin Richardson, instead. They both suck, and they're both overpaid. Now that the Knicks lost Crawford, they're going to have to look for Chris Duhon and Quentin Richardson for offense. Good luck

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
I disagree with this trade. Jamal Crawford was playing well this season. The Knicks should have tried to get rid of Eddy Curry and Quentin Richardson, instead. They both suck, and they're both overpaid. Now that the Knicks lost Crawford, they're going to have to look for Chris Duhon and Quentin Richardson for offense. Good luck

WHAT ABOUT NATE ABCD? IF HE STARTS HE CAN GIVE U THE SAME OFFENSE LIKE CRAWFORD AND MORE ENERGY AND EXCIMENT.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
WHAT ABOUT NATE ABCD? IF HE STARTS HE CAN GIVE U THE SAME OFFENSE LIKE CRAWFORD AND MORE ENERGY AND EXCIMENT.
Nate Robinson is not a shooting guard, and as good as he is, he can't average 20 a game. The Knicks should not have traded Jamal Crawford, because he was playing well. As a GM, your goal is to get rid of the people who are not producing, not the people that are. I used to criticize Crawford, because his game was extremely inconsistent and one dimensional. But he's really turned it on this year. The Warriors got the best out of this trade. Al Harrington ain't all that. He was the best player on a 13-69 Atlanta Hawk team.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Deal not going down!

Looks like Alan Hahn has gotten yet another trade proposal wrong -he needs to fire his "inside source", maybe he should find someone who actually works close to Donnie Walsh, not the building securtiy guard!

This deal may have been discussed, but doesnt appear to be going down right now. Now my thinking is maybe it is because currently we only have seven active players for tonights game after the Crawford trade, so maybe this is on hold until we get Harrington.

But it isnt happening today

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Nate Robinson is not a shooting guard, and as good as he is, he can't average 20 a game. The Knicks should not have traded Jamal Crawford, because he was playing well. As a GM, your goal is to get rid of the people who are not producing, not the people that are. I used to criticize Crawford, because his game was extremely inconsistent and one dimensional. But he's really turned it on this year. The Warriors got the best out of this trade. Al Harrington ain't all that. He was the best player on a 13-69 Atlanta Hawk team.

NATE 2008 STATS 13.9PPG, 4.4AST, 2.1STL, .415 3p%,TO 1.91, 28.8mpg

JAMAL 2008 STATS 19.6PPG, 4.4AST, .82STL, .455 3P%,TO 2.36, 35.6MPG

I know he s not a sg but he s not a pure pg neither more like a combo guard
and with an extra 7mpg his PPG will get close to j c and everything else should be better.
Dont get me wrong I like how J C played so far (except couple games) but getting rid of one of our bigger contracts make this a good trade.
Just my oppinion

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I think it's official now. Z-Bo to the Clippers for Cutino Mobley and Tim Thomas. We've just dumped a ton of salary and the 2010 plan is in full effect now. If we get rid of Curry, we will be enough under the cap to sign multiple free-agents.

So, if we get Lebron, who else should we sign? Bosh, Wade, Johnson, Stoudemire, Nash?

Does anyone else feel like we just tanked this season? Maby its for the betterment of the team, I don't know? It will put us in better financial situation for 2010..... witch is nice, but will LeBron and others come here? It will also most likely net us a better draft pick...... witch is also nice, but will we waist the pick? (again!) and will the Knicks even be worth watching this season?..... or next for that matter? If were going to clear the roster for a fresh slate in 2010 dosen't that mean 2 more seasons of losing in NY? I guess I like it for the future, but our pressant looks like crap!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
NATE 2008 STATS 13.9PPG, 4.4AST, 2.1STL, .415 3p%,TO 1.91, 28.8mpg

JAMAL 2008 STATS 19.6PPG, 4.4AST, .82STL, .455 3P%,TO 2.36, 35.6MPG

I know he s not a sg but he s not a pure pg neither more like a combo guard
and with an extra 7mpg his PPG will get close to j c and everything else should be better.
Dont get me wrong I like how J C played so far (except couple games) but getting rid of one of our bigger contracts make this a good trade.
Just my oppinion
Well, I don't agree. I guess we'll just have to wait and see how this one turns out. It would've been nice if the Knicks would have traded Eddy Curry, Jerome James, or Quentin Richardson instead but I guess it wasn't in the cards for Walsh.

feetoe

Benchwarmer
Does anyone else feel like we just tanked this season? Maby its for the betterment of the team, I don't know? It will put us in better financial situation for 2010..... witch is nice, but will LeBron and others come here? It will also most likely net us a better draft pick...... witch is also nice, but will we waist the pick? (again!) and will the Knicks even be worth watching this season?..... or next for that matter? If were going to clear the roster for a fresh slate in 2010 dosen't that mean 2 more seasons of losing in NY? I guess I like it for the future, but our pressant looks like crap!

we can fight Washington for last place and maybe get the number one pick

JayJ44

Starter
http://www.dailybreeze.com/sports/ci_11043027

What the hell! There are all sorts or reports (just like The Zach to Memphis trade reports) all over saying this deal is not only iminent, but is done! Please who ever finds any articles confirming or denying this deal please post it!

This is from Hahn's blog: http://blogs.trb.com/sports/basketball/knicks/blog/2008/11/knicks_announce_deal_more_in_t.html

There a lot of other sources out there, but it looks official. Z-Bo and Collins for Mobley and Thomas. I like the trade, even though we can pretty much pencil ourselves in for being one of the worst teams again. We have so much cap room in 2010 it's not even funny. We're finally rebuilding, like we shold have done years ago!