To All The True Knicks Fan Who Joined/Started Posting The Past Few Days

8FOR!3

Rookie
I've always been and will always be a Spurs fan, but I'm also starting to like the Knicks. It's just the atmosphere about the team that I like, New York, MSG, I like it. Hopefully people won't go too hard on me with "bandwagon" comments because I'm a new fan. Don't worry though, if I'm a fan of a team I'll stick through thick and thin through the good times and the bad.

And as a new fan I'm not here as much to throw out my own opinion as I am to hear what Knicks fans who have been watching them a lot longer than me have to say.

Lilnickywood20

Benchwarmer
Thanks, Ive also been a reader, but I decided it was time to start aiding in opinions. Im liking what Im seeing right now in our organization. A lot of smart play. Gallo's havin a few difficulties, but tracy and eddie are lookin hott. I guess tonight will be yet another test for each and every member of the Knicks. Im more excited to see how Nate plays against us 2moro, and see how eddie plays againt the celts. It would be great to bury them

BrianMan

Benchwarmer
T-Mac might be the most electrifying player we've had since Latrell Sprewell. I guess Nate Robinson was electrifying, too bad he was never really that good

Eh, the Nate situation has always been a tough call. He hasn't been great over the years, and he's always had Amazing On moments and Extremely Off, but even his really bad play was still leaps and galaxies above Duhon's play. I'm not saying that he was a basketball great, but he could have been a decent consistent player if he was handled the right way. Maybe Boston will be the place to do it for him. I wish him the best of luck, but we don't have the management to bring up and change a player into someone amazing.

BrianMan

Benchwarmer
Thanks, Ive also been a reader, but I decided it was time to start aiding in opinions. Im liking what Im seeing right now in our organization. A lot of smart play. Gallo's havin a few difficulties, but tracy and eddie are lookin hott. I guess tonight will be yet another test for each and every member of the Knicks. Im more excited to see how Nate plays against us 2moro, and see how eddie plays againt the celts. It would be great to bury them

It would be great, but Nate will drop bombs against the Knicks. Don't expect him to not be a beast. But needless to say, it will be an interesting game to watch.

jason

Rookie
I don't blame some Knicks fans for not caring about our team in recent years. Knowing that Isiah Thomas was our General Manager and Head Coach outright made me sick to my stomach, and after hearing about the Anucha Browne Sanders business I gave up on them. Wasn't until Isiah was fired that I actually started watching again...

:agreed: that just about sums up my story

bayejorl

Benchwarmer
Hope that changes soon. :)

Uhm, I don't know if I want it to happen LOL. Sergio has also a lot of haters in Spain wich are idiotic, I've been rooting for him since the beginning (not because he's spanish, because I love his game, I really don't care so much about the other spaniards in the league) and I'd hate to suddenly have a lot of bandwagon Sergio fans. Wich probably will happen to be those haters that are always saying he hasn't enough quality for NBA and he should come back to Europe. Really stupid people that don't see the games never and have a white-or-black mentallity in which if a player isn't LeBron or Kobe, he doesn't belong to the NBA, no matter what age they are.

But if he has a lot of bandwagon fans it'll be because he's succeeding with the Knicks...so I guess I'd be Ok with it.

bayejorl

Benchwarmer
Yeah, Rubio is also very well known by non-basketball fans specially since the Olympics. He's almost as popular as Gasol, and makes McDonald's spots.

VeryGundy

Benchwarmer
Yeah, Rubio is also very well known by non-basketball fans specially since the Olympics. He's almost as popular as Gasol, and makes McDonald's spots.

Is Rubio worthy of the lottery pick? From the video clips I saw, he did not really impress me as someone special. Is he Nash-in-progress like the pre-draft advertised?

Question: Rubio bolted for Europe instead playing for the T-Wolves. Is he eligible to re-enter the draft next year?

bayejorl

Benchwarmer
He's like John Wall, you don't see on his game nothing completely breathtaking but he ends every game with A LOT of points and assists, and he penetrates at will (example). Think about Sergio with a better shoot and quite better deffense (Sergio's court vision is better IMHO, but Rubio's great also)

He can't be drafted again, his rights are Minnesota property right now. He shouldn't have gone to the draft last year, as he had a very expensive buyout that he could only afford being between 1 and 4 picks (the idea was to pay it himself as Navarro did, aka lose money to play in the NBA) so it was a horrible decission IMHO. He should have waited to end contract so he hadn't buyout at all. Finally Barcelona paid his buyout and now he has a buyout that gets lower every year, and that would allow him to come to NBA in 2011/2012. I don't know if Minny would trade his rights, but I guess they'll keep them until that year.