To Lee or Not to Lee: Next Season's Outlook

nyk_nyk

All Star
Who in their right mind would give Lee a max contract????? Dude is good but he aint that good. The glaring hole in his defense automatically knocks a fraction off his asking price.

I'm a Lee fan but hot a huge one. That sig with Lee dunking the ball says it all. Why not also put forth that rebounding and scoring effort on the defensive end???

NY is waiting for you BOSH.

knicksin60

Starter
For your sake I hope you were just messing around. Last time we overpayed a really good player but not great player was Allan Houston. He's my favorite of all time, but look at how his contract clogged us up the gutter for the last 3 years. Lee isn't worth anywhere near what you say, but I still believe you have a hint of sarcasm in your posts so I'm not going to bash you outright...yett lol

Oh thank goodness you haven't bashed me yet! Do you know how afraid I was after I posted that? I lost about 6 hours of sleep last night thinking that I was going to enter the forum and see your anger directed towards me.I do not easily recover from internet attacks.The last time that I was insulted by someone on a public forum I had to drink 5 bottles of Vodka to heal from the emotional pain.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Oh thank goodness you haven't bashed me yet! Do you know how afraid I was after I posted that? I lost about 6 hours of sleep last night thinking that I was going to enter the forum and see your anger directed towards me.I do not easily recover from internet attacks.The last time that I was insulted by someone on a public forum I had to drink 5 bottles of Vodka to heal from the emotional pain.
Now you act sarcastic...

Doesn't change fact that you consider Lee a max contract player.

FAIL.

knicksin60

Starter
Now you act sarcastic...

Doesn't change fact that you consider Lee a max contract player.

FAIL.

I really do apologize for having an opinion that you didn't agree with.Is it too late for me to repent and change my position? Or will I be known as a condemned David Lee advocate for the rest of my time on this forum?

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
I really do apologize for having an opinion that you didn't agree with.Is it too late for me to repent and change my position? Or will I be known as a condemned David Lee advocate for the rest of my time on this forum?
Your sarcasm would be quite jocular if your opinion was backed up...Everyone is entitled to his opinion. However if you lack any reasoning you just sound idiotic and resort to using sarcasm to mask the fact that you were wrong. I'd be willing to listen to your "pro-Lee for NBA elite argument" if you didnt already say he is the only reason why they arent the nets...They didnt even 40 games with "Mr. MVP". Its common knowledge that Lee is not worth the max.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer

I don't mean to bash on you either. But cmon man...Lee for a max? Its a bit farfetched and unrealistic.

Alej_Correa

Benchwarmer
I don't mean to bash on you either. But cmon man...Lee for a max? Its a bit farfetched and unrealistic.

the a-hole strikes again
seems like you like to bash on others when they have different opinions.
really low..even for you foolio :(

and lee isnt a max player..i do agree with you on that.

knicksin60

Starter
Your sarcasm would be quite jocular if your opinion was backed up...Everyone is entitled to his opinion. However if you lack any reasoning you just sound idiotic and resort to using sarcasm to mask the fact that you were wrong. I'd be willing to listen to your "pro-Lee for NBA elite argument" if you didnt already say he is the only reason why they arent the nets...They didnt even 40 games with "Mr. MVP". Its common knowledge that Lee is not worth the max.

What's wrong with avoiding tedious David Lee debates, amigo? No matter how much I defend David Lee, very few people on this site will agree with anything I say.The majority will always prefer Chris Bosh over David Lee.If it were Chris Bosh playing center on a 25-win-Knick team, I'm sure that Knick fans would want to trade him for Amare Stoudemire or Carlos Boozer.And if any of those players had little impact on the Knicks, people would want to trade them for KG.I'm not comparing Lee to Ewing but these are the same type of people that didn't appreciate Patrick Ewing when he was on the Knicks.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
What's wrong with avoiding tedious David Lee debates, amigo? No matter how much I defend David Lee, very few people on this site will agree with anything I say.The majority will always prefer Chris Bosh over David Lee.If it were Chris Bosh playing center on a 25-win-Knick team, I'm sure that Knick fans would want to trade him for Amare Stoudemire or Carlos Boozer.And if any of those players had little impact on the Knicks, people would want to trade them for KG.I'm not comparing Lee to Ewing but these are the same type of people that didn't appreciate Patrick Ewing when he was on the Knicks.
I feel yuh. But the fact of the matter is that Chris Bosh can/will win more games as the main option. Even before Bosh had his decent supporting cast, he won more than Lee with the Knicks. Lee is very underappreciated. Very true. But do you honestly believe he is a max player?

knicksin60

Starter
I feel yuh. But the fact of the matter is that Chris Bosh can/will win more games as the main option. Even before Bosh had his decent supporting cast, he won more than Lee with the Knicks. Lee is very underappreciated. Very true. But do you honestly believe he is a max player?

If he learns how to play better defense by next season and moves back to the PF position, he deserves a max contract.If he continues to be the same defensive player that he is now and the Knicks don't acquire a real center then he deserves a contract of less money.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
If he learns how to play better defense by next season and moves back to the PF position, he deserves a max contract.If he continues to be the same defensive player that he is now and the Knicks don't acquire a real center then he deserves a contract of less money.
Still man...you don't just "learn defense" on a whim...I like Lee but I think you need to see Lee for what he is: a hardworking offensive threat. He's never going to stack up with Bosh, Pau or Dirk as a complete player.

knicksin60

Starter
Still man...you don't just "learn defense" on a whim...I like Lee but I think you need to see Lee for what he is: a hardworking offensive threat. He's never going to stack up with Bosh, Pau or Dirk as a complete player.

You don't think Lee could learn how to stop other power forwards from easily driving into the paint if he went an entire summer working on his defensive game? Some NBA players take years to improve defensively.Look at Ron Artest and Doug Christie, they needed to play a few years to make all-NBA defensive teams.Even guys like Dennis Rodman, Patrick Ewing and Bruce Bowen didn't become the defensive stoppers that they were until their late 20's-early 30's.I'm not saying that David Lee will make all-NBA defensive teams if he improves his defense but I believe that he would help the Knicks win more games if he worked just as hard on defense as he does on offense.

XH20X

Rookie
I like Lee as well but he does not deserve a "MAX" contract because we would be comparing him with top echelon players in the league which he isn't. He is putting up huge numbers, top 10 in every statistical category as a center except for blocks but we have to remember he's putting up big numbers on a bad team. If he went to a playoff team, I'm almost certain his stats would probably be cut in half if not more. Plus, his glaring hole in defense would make any team reluctant to offer him a max contract. However, i would like to see in playing on the Knicks next year but as a PF.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
I like Lee as well but he does not deserve a "MAX" contract because we would be comparing him with top echelon players in the league which he isn't. He is putting up huge numbers, top 10 in every statistical category as a center except for blocks but we have to remember he's putting up big numbers on a bad team. If he went to a playoff team, I'm almost certain his stats would probably be cut in half if not more. Plus, his glaring hole in defense would make any team reluctant to offer him a max contract. However, i would like to see in playing on the Knicks next year but as a PF.
Agreed man. I love Lee as a player. He does whatever a coach asks him. An absolute dream for a coach. However, his stats are definitely a bit inflated from playing on a depleted Knicks squad. His effort alone made him worthy of his all-star selection. However, I do not see him as an all-star quality player. There are still several PF's in the East that I think are better than Lee now including KG, Bosh, Rashard Lewis, Jamison, Josh Smith, etc. But I think Lee is still young enough to improve his defense and will develop a bit more before he reaches his full potential. His shot blocking ability or rather LACK THERE OF is what scares me about Lee's game. Most of the players that knicksin60 mentioned were natural shot blockers, and took pride on the defensive floor because they didn't have much of an offensive game (Rodman, Doug Christie, etc.). I think Lee is great and we all owe him a lot for keeping this franchise afloat, but at the same time I'm willing to part with him for a player of Max Contract quality (and no, I would not include David Lee as a max contract lol).