Trade Steve Nash for Felton?

Deathstroke

Benchwarmer
Trade Felton for Steve Nash

Personally I would love to get Steve Nash because he's a much better PG that Felton, I've really soured on Felton because he takes a lot of bad shots, Nash shot selection is a lot better and he shoots a high percentage and not to mention his free throw percentage and his success with STAT. We could give up Felton they get youth and more size with Turiaf. Would they trade Lopez?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4nr4htw

Last edited:

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I rather trade for Nash and have Felton as our back-up, but we'd have nothing to offer the Suns in that case. They're showing no indication of trading Nash, they don't want to, and Nash said he wants to stay there.

It's not gonna happen. We should have signed Iverson as our other PG as a free agent.

elcol

Rotation player
nash = no defence, we'd get murdered even more than we already do, people would consistently be scoring like 110 a game on us lol..

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah Nash would exacerbate this team's defensive problems really badly.

Nash is better than Felton on offense but I don't think the degree by which Nash is better than Felton is as big as the degree to which Nash is a worse defender.

Nash'd get you 3-4 more assists and 2-3 more points a game in exchange for letting the opposing backcourt drop 50 points a game

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Yeah Nash would exacerbate this team's defensive problems really badly.

Nash is better than Felton on offense but I don't think the degree by which Nash is better than Felton is as big as the degree to which Nash is a worse defender.

Nash'd get you 3-4 more assists and 2-3 more points a game in exchange for letting the opposing backcourt drop 50 points a game
Ehhh I'm not sure about this. Nash's 3-4 more assists isn't just 3-4 more assists a game, he's a master at running offense and making teammates better. He'd be back with Stoudemire too. He's also one of the best shooters of all time.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
This is true, but he's also one of the worst defenders I've ever seen.

Felton's defense has been rather lax lately but even as he's played the last 5 games I'd take his defense over Nash's which is saying something.

I dunno maybe if Felton didn't start the season off red-hot I'd see the point, but as of right now I think after Felton gets some rest during the All-Star Break and heals up on that ankle he'll improve to giving us solid 14-8 night in and night out...

Yes I could see it being beneficial to have Nash but there's also that drawback and let's not forget about the fact that we'd have to trade some of our young players and eat into the Carmelo Anthony fund

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
This is true, but he's also one of the worst defenders I've ever seen.

Felton's defense has been rather lax lately but even as he's played the last 5 games I'd take his defense over Nash's which is saying something.

I dunno maybe if Felton didn't start the season off red-hot I'd see the point, but as of right now I think after Felton gets some rest during the All-Star Break and heals up on that ankle he'll improve to giving us solid 14-8 night in and night out...

Yes I could see it being beneficial to have Nash but there's also that drawback and let's not forget about the fact that we'd have to trade some of our young players and eat into the Carmelo Anthony fund
Oh I definitely don't want to trade for him unless we pull off some great trade involving another team or so, and the trade wouldn't involve Felton. Felton would be an amazing back-up who would still get great minutes.

Felton needs rest though. Before his rut the last few weeks I was thinking I'd love Nash as the back-up.

Either way, I want to keep Felton. If he gets back to his form the first couple months, I want to with the Knicks the rest of his career.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Felton's just tired, I think. All he needs is a White Chocolate/Luke Ridnour/etc. type player to play for 10 minutes a game and he'll be fine.

When D'Antoni runs him out there for 40 minutes in such a fast-paced system, clearly he's going to wear down. I think D'Antoni just has to find a solid backup PG because TD isn't ready for it yet

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
no I don't think I'd do that. Nash is much older
Great shape though and is still playing at a high level and has only a year left on his contract after this year.

Again, not saying we should make this trade, but Nash's age isn't a factor IN THIS case imo.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah Nash's age isn't really a factor because he's in great shape plus even though he's older and his athleticism dwindles his court vision and shooting touch are still there.

Nash is the type of guy who could play into his 40's if we wanted to.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Felton's just tired, I think. All he needs is a White Chocolate/Luke Ridnour/etc. type player to play for 10 minutes a game and he'll be fine.

When D'Antoni runs him out there for 40 minutes in such a fast-paced system, clearly he's going to wear down. I think D'Antoni just has to find a solid backup PG because TD isn't ready for it yet
Sadly we didn't get Williams. Would have loved him.

I know a lot of people disagreed with me, we should have gotten Iverson. He could have given Felton more then ten minutes of rest. He plays most games.

Not gonna happen, but I'd be conflicted on this anyway.
Nash is obviously a major upgrade in every way on the offensive end, but as others have mentioned, he would be a significant downgrade on D.

Steve Nash? No thank you!

He's at the very tail-end of his career plus he never played defense.

I'd rather wait 2 years ang get a world class PG in his prime like Chris Paul or D-Williams 'The Sheriff' - because he locks people down.

Paul1355

All Star
Personally I would love to get Steve Nash because he's a much better PG that Felton, I've really soured on Felton because he takes a lot of bad shots, Nash shot selection is a lot better and he shoots a high percentage and not to mention his free throw percentage and his success with STAT. We could give up Felton they get youth and more size with Turiaf. Would they trade Lopez?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=4nr4htw
NO

Nash cant play defense

I want to get rid of Felton only for someone who can score at his level and dish better since Felton just blows on pick and rolls.

Douglas is worse.

I think if we got a good passing backup PG and traded Douglas or just made him the defensive Tony Allen type stopper that Boston had, then we shouldnt worry about Felton anymore.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I personally think we should get Bob Cousy or John Stockton...

Nash is like 90 and Felton is having a career year and entering his prime...short answer is hell no! Keep Felton.

I personally think we should get Bob Cousy or John Stockton...

Nash is like 90 and Felton is having a career year and entering his prime...short answer is hell no! Keep Felton.

A career year indeed, but he ain't Chris Paul or Deron Williams - who we need to win a championship imo.