We don't need another max, we don't need to focus on someone's height,...

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
we need to get physical and tough on the defensive end, with players who can at least do a little bit offensively. That's Knicks basketball. Guys such as Camby, Kenyon Martin fits that category. We have two superstar scorers. That frees up enough shots for their teammates. After next season, if Billups doesn't come back, then sign a solid PG who does who's solid. The Nuggets game showed how much defense can effect a game, and that's a team without any superstars. If we have swarming defense (Douglas), help defense, and physicality (not dirty, nor foul prone), then we can be something else.

Only max that's REALLY appealing would be Howard because of his defense, and would make open the shots for us beyond ridiculous. Having multiple defenders, who can REBOUND, and get a few buckets a game without many shots would be even better.

How is Glen Davis defensively? Haven't paid attention to him on the defensive end and haven't watched him enough. Offensively, I've noticed he's very good. He's a force, has good range, and hits difficult shots. On Wikipedia it says his rebounding average is 5.8, maybe it'd go up on our team.

Also, I want to keep Fields, so let's not spend all that money on one player.

Which physical defenders will be available in free agency this summer?

Last edited:

STAT1

Starter
Kendrick Perkins is a FA this summer, but we won't have the cap space to sign him. Most realistic match for what you're looking for is probably Jeff Foster if you can get him for a low money deal. If there is a MLE in the next CBA then we might be able to get guys like Reggie Evans, Glen Davis, Shane Battier or Kenyon Martin.

Toons

is the Bo$$
we need to stay patient and see if we can sign gasol in the offseason. with melo, amare & billups, that should be enough to sell to marc. He has it in his blood to go to a contender. Follow the steps of his big bro.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
I'd be happy with Glen Davis or Kenyon Martin

Yeah they both would be good fits for this team. Big Baby is younger but Boston will probably make a push to keep him now that Perkins is gone, but if we can get Martin on the cheap then that would be great, dont know what he would be looking for though.