What Knick free agents should we resign?

Paul1355

All Star
The players that will be free agents starting December 9th are:

Sheldon Williams
Shawne Williams
Anthony Carter
Jared Jeffries
Roger Mason Jr.
Derrick Brown

-My picks are Shawne Williams to a multi-year cheap deal
-Anthony Carter to a one year deal for his great play in the playoffs
-Derrick Brown has been improving his outside shot this year, he has upside, one year deal maybe.
-Sheldon Williams? I don't know. He can box out and rebound. We have Turiaf, Harrelson and Jordan to play center now. Shawne Williams will take up minutes at the 4 when Amare is out.

Thoughts?

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
Brown has some pool of talent, but he's been playing just some garbage minutes. I think we could resign him for a one year deal, but he must be getting some more playing time. We have a couple of talented young players like Brown or Rautins (he's been an assist/rebound machine during his college prime time!), but due to MDA's nine-men-rotation system they never really get the chance...

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Shawne Williams, hands down.

Shelden, I don't think is going to be necessary now Jorts is on board and playing basically the same role. Jorts is also taller heavier and, allegedly, more athletic.

AC and Derrick Brown should be on board as well. I seriously doubt Brown will get many minutes, though he does appear to have reasonable potential.

Weissenberg

Grid or Riot
That was the first spectacular dunk since Chandler has been traded, we can keep Brown just for seeing more of this:

Last edited:
I think D Brown has the most potential out the bunch. I like Shawne Williams but imo, he only has a 3 point shot, the rest of his game is streaky. If his 3 is off... his game will follow. It's hard to say what we have in him. With that said...I think he earned another year with the Bockers, hopefully he still has that clutch shot.

portega1968

El Cacique
That was the first spectacular dunk since Chandler has been traded, we can keep Brown just for seeing more of this:

what a dunk!!!

And then what happened? he missed the friking free throw!!!

IMO, this guy not worth keeping.

I say keep Shawne, Jeffries and Mason, in that order

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
We can't pick up too many contracts because of 2012 cap space but we should see if we can keep Shawne Williams on for another year. He was a great roleplayer for us last year.

If we don't get Foster or Haywood or Kurt Thomas then we should probably bring back Shelden Williams cause otherwise we'll have like NO rebounding whatsoever

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I like AC but my only concern is that I want Shumpert to get playing time and I'm not sure if having AC would eat away from Shumpert's time. Ideally you want a guy like Shumpert to get 10-20 minutes per game. It might be possible, though, depending on how much playing time Mike D wants to give Billups - if he only gives Billups like 28 minutes/game then it might be a viable option to have AC as our primary backup PG with Shumpert rotating as a combo guard between being the 3rd choice PG and being Fields' backup (assuming that Fields is going to be our SG).

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I like AC but my only concern is that I want Shumpert to get playing time and I'm not sure if having AC would eat away from Shumpert's time. Ideally you want a guy like Shumpert to get 10-20 minutes per game. It might be possible, though, depending on how much playing time Mike D wants to give Billups - if he only gives Billups like 28 minutes/game then it might be a viable option to have AC as our primary backup PG with Shumpert rotating as a combo guard between being the 3rd choice PG and being Fields' backup (assuming that Fields is going to be our SG).
We have to see what Shumpert can do first. AC did EVERYTHING you could want from a PG. I had no idea he was that good until he came to the Knicks since I didn't see him much. He's not a superstar in his mid-late 30s like Nash, but he deserves the minutes. I do want to see Shumpert get minutes along with Fields and AC, but as of now, AC is the best of those three so he deserves it.

p0nder

Starter
I like AC to come back as well. But i don't see D'ant fighting to keep him here Maybe woodson will because AC's a pretty good defender and the only PG that did anything against the celtics in the playoffs.

I also like Shawne Williams to come back as he said he'd take a lesser contract to stay with this team and build a title contender. That's the kind of role player I want on the team.

The rest, meh. I could see JJ back and wouldn't cry over it like some girl on youtube. ;)

nyk_nyk

All Star
Shawne Williams, Carter and Brown.

Carter becasue we just need security at the point. Hopefully Shump can be our Penny. Williams because he can stretch the defense and Brown just because he could impress enought to be a good trade chip.