When is Enough...Enough?

TheChosen1

Benchwarmer
Honestly DLee does need to be resigned this summer. He's been improving his flaws every year. His defense is a problem but I do see him trying harder lately. He's been playing consistently his whole Knick career. He's a good player, good teammate, doesn't complain, calls things like they are, and actually takes his job as a player seriously. Comes in game after game and plays his heart out. Yeah he has some bad nights but who doesn't. I say we do what we can to sign him and see if DLee would take a smaller salary to remain on this team and hopefully play with a big free agent next season. Let's see.

p0nder

Starter
one can only hope chosen1. I think if Lee is demanding the money his stats would provide him then he won't be a knick. 8 mill, yeah, but once you get to 10 and above i think we'd let him go. Which is too bad as everyone here loves Lee's hustle and effort night in and night out, he's a great knick and I would hope that we would keep him, but i just have my doubts that it'll be done. If he doesn't mind the pay cut/freeze then by all means keep him, but a lot of players tend to go for the money. I don't think Lee is that type of guy, but I guess we'll have to wait and see how it all plays out and where he stands when the dust settles.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Lebron would most likely play the PF in D'Antoni's system. So if we resign Lee, he would be playing Center again. I like Lee but I don't like seeing him play Center, he's a PF.

Pg-Douglas
Sg-Chandler
Sf-Gallo
Pf-Lebron
C-Lee

w/ Jeffries, Curry, Hill off the bench

That would be the 2010 roster if Jeffries is not traded. There's your 8 man rotation. That's it for cap space and all we can afford.

iSaYughh

Starter
You think Lebron would be a PF? I heard/would think he'd be a SG if anything aside from a SF, since he has the quickness and instincts to move for that position, vs. Chandler. And this would put lee back at PF and Gallo at SF.

Lebron, Gallo, Lee is a pretty sick 3 to build around. Incredibly dynamic and versitile. Chandler, Douglas, even Hill, would be cool to plug in around that. Then we shop for system-players who fit the mold in C and PG and we can really thrive as a dynasty.

But sht, how much nicer a package would it look to Lebron if we could throw in Jennings, Lawson, or Curry/Evans as a PG on top of Gallo and Lee? (ya ya ya, Curry n Evans were before us, but we could have traded up if we didn't have a mancrush on Chandler, and actually had a resolve to get a top PG prospect).

As ugly as the Hill pick was, I'm equally miffed that we didn't do what it takes to move up and ensure the PG's we had tunnelvision for...

ANU

Starter
it was d'antoni who said that james would be a pf in his system.clearly, since we don't have the fortune of all star caliber wings with the exception of gallo, he would probably be the surrogate pg.

hill lee gallinari chandler james seems the likeliest of lineups if we get lebron.though my preference would be to some how jump into the first round and go for kemba, or go for the home run and go after wall.but the only way that happens if is al gets dealt to the bulls for thomas and their first round pick and that ends up in the lotto.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
i love lee just want to overpay him. look at lamarcus alridge, a really good player who got a contract thats more than hes worth. but i def want to resign lee i jst hope he doesnt ask for over 10