Who are your NBA 2k11 New York Knicks?

Carmare

Banned
Thats horrible news. NBA Live was always light years better than 2K. I still remember playing NBA live from 94-98 on the PS1, after that... It was all about the PS2 for me. Loved the dunk contest & 3 point shoot outs & the game play was always nice. Great memories of playing Madden & NBA Live with friends & family. NBA live better come back stronger than ever, well at least I hope they do.

NBA live is light years ahead of 2k? What?

If you're into no defense and dunking every single possession, sure.....but if you like real basketball 2k blows live/elite out of the water.

PaPZ187

Benchwarmer
I was playing a season with the roster that was current as of December and was 2nd in the Eastern Confrence behind Boston by like a game or two but once the Melo trade happened I couldnt pull off the same trade because of the cap and only allowed to trade 4 players per trade per team max, so I started a playoff with the current Knicks.

I beat Chicago in the 1st round in 7 games with Billups coming up clutch with HUGE 3s and pick and rolls with Stat or Melo. Currently I am in the 2nd round and am up 2-1 on Miami, beating them on their our court in game 1, losing game 2 by 12 and just won a thriller in the Garden for game 3. Game was tight, was down by 4 going into the 4th and Wade was on fire. Billups hit clutch 3 pointers for me, finished with 33pts, 10 as and 6 rebs and 8-9 from 3.

Im telling you, I play on All Star difficulty, tweaked the sliders just mildly as Pro is too easy but All Star is just a little too tough for now, and Billups is MONEY in the CLUTCH. If I need a big shot, I either call "43 Swing" which gets Billups a 3 in the corner, play the pick and roll game with him and STAT/Melo or just straight up face up my defender and drill a 3 in his face and I have to say easily 75% of the time Billups comes up HUGE, especially in the 4th.

STAT1

Starter
Dude trust me 2k is MILES AHEAD of NBA Live and has been for like 3 years now. Don't go buy an older NBA Live or something get 2k11 I guarantee you won't be disappointed. There was a thread on these forums before a couple of weeks before it came out with a load of chat about the features and stuff.

I think it's one of the best sports games ever alongside FIFA 11.

I definitely agree anyone who buys 2K11 will not regret it, it is by far the best video game I have ever purchased in every way. I used to play NBA Live in the mid-late 90s but the 2K franchise has owned Live for a while now.

STAT1

Starter
Yeah its frustrating but still the best basketball game ive played since NBA Live 96 for Genesis. No joke haha. Im going to change the settings sometime this weekend and mess around with the jumper. I cant play today because im going to the Blake Show vs. The Prokhorov NYETS tonight. Got baseline seats for 20 bucks now they are 100, Amen to Stubhub Pre-Dwilliams ERA.

Try playing around with the sliders, I find that the default settings are pretty unrealistic. Even when they are all set to 50 for everything, the computer gets steals on just about every possession unless you have a wide open lane to pass into the paint. The CPU also knocks down 3s like there's no tomorrow even at a 50 setting, it's not realistic at all.

Right now I got CPU defensive awareness, on ball defense & steals set to 45 at Allstar setting & I usually get a very competitive game out of the CPU for my skill level. You can download other people's game sliders off 2K Share too & try them out if you like. What's great about this game is it's customizability for every skill level.

Played with legit roster, forced the legit Melo trade, Then I traded Brewer and a 1st for DeAndre Jordan. Then I waived Azzy for Jeffries, traded Rautins for two 2nd rounders (Dwight Hardy!) and got Derrick Brown. Traded Shelden Williams to NJ for a 2nd rounder, signed Carlos Arroyo.

PG: Billups
SG: Fields
SF: Melo
PF: Amare
C: DeAndre

Turiaf
Douglas
Arroyo
Walker
Shawne
Mason
Brown
Jeffries
Carter

smokes

Huge Member
Try playing around with the sliders, I find that the default settings are pretty unrealistic. Even when they are all set to 50 for everything, the computer gets steals on just about every possession unless you have a wide open lane to pass into the paint. The CPU also knocks down 3s like there's no tomorrow even at a 50 setting, it's not realistic at all.

Right now I got CPU defensive awareness, on ball defense & steals set to 45 at Allstar setting & I usually get a very competitive game out of the CPU for my skill level. You can download other people's game sliders off 2K Share too & try them out if you like. What's great about this game is it's customizability for every skill level.

I think default this year is actually pretty good. Not perfect but it is VERY hard to find perfect sliders. Some of the downloadable packs can be good but trying to customize your own takes forever to get the game playing correctly.

I have to say on My Player it all runs mostly as it should the only problem I have is with stats, since I play 9 min quarters. At first I was simming 12 mins but even though we were 1st we are lowest in every stat haha. So I dropped the sim onto 9 minutes but it's a bit silly because now the best scorers get 20ppg and I am averaging 25, I'm gonna be MVP in my first season :lol: I don't think there's really any way to even that out unfortunately.

But yeah My Player is just beasting. Putting an athletic C on the Knicks is crazy. I had 3 x 50+ point games with 20 boards... But then I had to chill a bit because I lost a couple as my teammates were going ice cold from being left out too much. Looks like we're heading 1st seed into the playoffs, currently 2 games up on Miami :)

EDIT - does anyone else actually play My Player mode here?

STAT1

Starter
I think default this year is actually pretty good. Not perfect but it is VERY hard to find perfect sliders. Some of the downloadable packs can be good but trying to customize your own takes forever to get the game playing correctly.

I have to say on My Player it all runs mostly as it should the only problem I have is with stats, since I play 9 min quarters. At first I was simming 12 mins but even though we were 1st we are lowest in every stat haha. So I dropped the sim onto 9 minutes but it's a bit silly because now the best scorers get 20ppg and I am averaging 25, I'm gonna be MVP in my first season :lol: I don't think there's really any way to even that out unfortunately.

But yeah My Player is just beasting. Putting an athletic C on the Knicks is crazy. I had 3 x 50+ point games with 20 boards... But then I had to chill a bit because I lost a couple as my teammates were going ice cold from being left out too much. Looks like we're heading 1st seed into the playoffs, currently 2 games up on Miami :)

EDIT - does anyone else actually play My Player mode here?

I guess it depends at what level you play at. I'm playing on Allstar difficulty so for my personal skill level the default 50 settings are a little too hard. Also downgraded Toney Douglas' passing rating because he really has no passing skills to speak of, so that also plays a role in all the turnovers he's giving up in my Association mode I guess. ;)

Haven't tried My Player mode yet but it sounds interesting. I've been completely entrenched in Association Mode, STAT went on the IR for a week because of a separated shoulder & in his absence Melo just went off for back to back 58 & 60 point games. Pretty insane! :thumbsup:

TheBigCock

Benchwarmer
PG: Billups
SG: Fields
SF: Anthony
PF: Stoudemire
C: Kurt Thomas
SF: Dudley
SF/SG: Chris Douglas-Roberts
C/PF: Turiaf
PG/SG: Douglas
SF: Brown