1. Fultz
2. Ball
3. Jackson
4. Tatum
5. Fox
6. Isaac
7. Markanen
8. Smith, monk, or ntilikina?
Still may have a shot at all 3. At least 2 out of 3.

mafra

Legend
I would take Monk, if the choices were Smith, Monk, and Ntlikini. Of course, a lot would depend on a deeper analysis and face to face interviews.

Same things they're talking about Monk now they said about Curry.

If we get Monk or Smith we got a
steal at 8. French PG may be every bit as good tho, too. Somebody said his body is a little like Greek Freak.

But.... I agree that I think our guy comes in this mix of 3 options. With Isaac as a fallback

Kiyaman

Legend
I wish i knew how to download the videos of strength n weakness of the 3 draft products ..
I want D.Smith for his creative offense, but i want Frank Nitty even more for his outstanding (Pippin) defense n passing

Broadway

All Star
I wish i knew how to download the videos of strength n weakness of the 3 draft products ..
I want D.Smith for his creative offense, but i want Frank Nitty even more for his outstanding (Pippin) defense n passing

You can get them in the draft thread I started(first page), but I can update on the latest page with the 3 potentials of where we're picking

Kiyaman

Legend
I would take Monk, if the choices were Smith, Monk, and Ntlikini. Of course, a lot would depend on a deeper analysis and face to face interviews.

Same things they're talking about Monk now they said about Curry.

If we get Monk or Smith we got a
steal at 8. French PG may be every bit as good tho, too. Somebody said his body is a little like Greek Freak.

But.... I agree that I think our guy comes in this mix of 3 options. With Isaac as a fallback

Monk is a SG with great handle like Curry .. Curry did not have NBA PG skills until coached by Mark Jackson two years of hard training of complimenting teammates, plus Mark tutor the tandem of Curry/Klay to perform on the same-page in the backcourt.
I never had much interest in Curry or Klay until after being coached by Mark Jackson.
I was happy we drafted Jordan Hill .. I just didnt like how TANKING Walsh n Dantoni stupid coaching never put Jordan Hill and David Lee in the same lineup for two seasons in a row. Both big-men players were PF in need of a center to develop their forward skills. David Lee were happy when the Knicks traded him to GS Warriors so Lee could play at his natural position PF alongside of center Andrew Bogut. Jordan Hill never got that chance, every NBA team had Hill play as their center.

Kiyaman

Legend

Which of the two above videos do u think Boston needs more?
Im sure i know who Lakers Magic Johnson wants to select with the 2nd pick? Lonzo Ball

Last edited:

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I think all three of those guys have tremendous potential

A lot of the criticism of Monk is about his size and concerns on defense but he should be quick enough to guard opposing PGs since he's pretty athletic and quick. In today's NBA backcourt players need to be able to shoot and shoot well and Monk would certainly move us towards that. Remember the biggest criticisms of Steph Curry when he came into the league? "Good shooter but can't play PG and can't play defense". He's answered all of those (he's at least a mediocre defender and he can definitely play PG). He's 19 - 19-year-olds can always improve as playmakers depending on how well they're coached.

Smith is just an insane athlete. I see a poor man's Russell Westbrook. If he has a good motor (which I guess you won't see until the coaching staff actually talks to him), he could have the highest ceiling of the 3. There are some concerns about his knees but I guess that's up to our garbage medical staff.

As for Frank Ntilikina...he's an intriguing prospect. He has the physical tools to be a legit All-NBA defender. He's got a good motor, he's athletic enough (though he's not at Smith level of athleticism), and he can shoot. PGs with 7'0" wingspans are very rare and are the type of defenders who can really change a game on the defensive end. As much as we talk about needing playmaking and good PG play, let's not forget that defense was our biggest weakness last year (26th out of 30 in Defensive Rating) and that's probably our biggest need for improvement. We haven't had good backcourt defense in 20 years. I'm sick and tired of seeing guys like Lou Williams come in and torch us for 20+ points. I'm tired of the fact that every single opposing PG who comes into Madison Square Garden takes a dump on our team and has a career night. Ntilikina could go a long way in helping us improve on that end.

I think we would do great with any 3 of these players. Jonathan Isaac is also a great player but I don't see him falling to us.

As long as we don't draft Markkanen or Collins I'm good

tiger0330

Legend
I think all three of those guys have tremendous potential

A lot of the criticism of Monk is about his size and concerns on defense but he should be quick enough to guard opposing PGs since he's pretty athletic and quick. In today's NBA backcourt players need to be able to shoot and shoot well and Monk would certainly move us towards that. Remember the biggest criticisms of Steph Curry when he came into the league? "Good shooter but can't play PG and can't play defense". He's answered all of those (he's at least a mediocre defender and he can definitely play PG). He's 19 - 19-year-olds can always improve as playmakers depending on how well they're coached.

Smith is just an insane athlete. I see a poor man's Russell Westbrook. If he has a good motor (which I guess you won't see until the coaching staff actually talks to him), he could have the highest ceiling of the 3. There are some concerns about his knees but I guess that's up to our garbage medical staff.

As for Frank Ntilikina...he's an intriguing prospect. He has the physical tools to be a legit All-NBA defender. He's got a good motor, he's athletic enough (though he's not at Smith level of athleticism), and he can shoot. PGs with 7'0" wingspans are very rare and are the type of defenders who can really change a game on the defensive end. As much as we talk about needing playmaking and good PG play, let's not forget that defense was our biggest weakness last year (26th out of 30 in Defensive Rating) and that's probably our biggest need for improvement. We haven't had good backcourt defense in 20 years. I'm sick and tired of seeing guys like Lou Williams come in and torch us for 20+ points. I'm tired of the fact that every single opposing PG who comes into Madison Square Garden takes a dump on our team and has a career night. Ntilikina could go a long way in helping us improve on that end.

I think we would do great with any 3 of these players. Jonathan Isaac is also a great player but I don't see him falling to us.

As long as we don't draft Markkanen or Collins I'm good
Nice scouting report Wing. I mentioned in the draft thread that Tommie Dee said PJ thinks Fox is the best player in the draft but he won't last until 8 unless PJ swings a deal for a higher pick. KP would be perfect for the Celts for what they do and they need a big man, Boston has a ton of PG talent so maybe PJ does a trade to move up swapping picks and getting another 1st next year along with Jaylen Brown or Marcus Smart.

mafra

Legend
I don't think a Porzingis trade is in the Knicks' best interests, but that's just my opinion

I don't think it is either, unless somebody makes an offer NYK can't refuse.

I keep thinking that 2 pieces isn't enough.... 3 might be tho. 2 draft picks and a young player....