Why can't we just wait for Melo in free agency?

Red

TYPE-A
ooooh, lay off the dudes nuts man....

its close to trade deadline....and our name is relevant....for once.
this is a first for most guys here. when have the knicks been so relevant that were in the papers everyday? some of us (me included) love the attention for the knicks. Besides the lebron fiasco, the knicks have never been this relevant for over a decade.....

Great!

The Knicks finally may have two legit stars...

Just when the end of the world is predicted.

We can't get a break.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I have no problem losing Chandler since he's being replaced by a superstar. With Gallo and the emergence of Williams, Chandler is pretty expendable.

As much as i want Melo here now DEN would be getting fu**ed with this new potential deal. It's damn near embarrasing.

Toons

is the Bo$$
end of the world? thats never gonna happen....
this is a possible religion convo, so imma leave it there lol

nuckles2k2

Superstar
amazing how many Melo threads have been created since Trillion's December thread explaining all.
i think it's hilarious all you've gotta do is cut and paste your thread/remarks over and over and you've
still got the most valid Melo opinions on KO, 2 weeks+ till trade deadline.

totally :agreed:

sooner we get Melo the better. keeping Fields/Gallo = MAJOR PLUS.
:crossfingers:

Melo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Chandler

I'm gonna toot my own horn here a little and do some bragging/boasting.

August ****ing 31st, 2010:

Like I stated over and over in that other thread about Melo.

If we are to get him, it will be on the cheap because at that point we would be the last willing trade partner and we would only get him if Denver caves in and feels they need compensation for him.

A lot has to happen for that scenario to come about, but it looks like things might be under way. Right now we just sit back and watch.

September 1st, 2010:

If this info is coming from a credible source and Melo is willing to hold steadfast in his decision to wanting to be a Knick, that gives us all of the leverage in negotiating a deal.

We either get him this year in a cheap deal, or we get him next year and Denver gets nothing. Melo can dictate where the leverage is with his willing and unwillingness to sign that extension. This is excellent news, if true.

And I distinctly remember some folks on here arguing with me, trying to tell me I was wrong and talking about how Denver had most of the leverage in the situation. Trying to explain the definition of leverage and shit like I didn't know what I was talking about...

1229421116613jpgroflposterscommyspace.jpg

la2ny

Starter
end of the world? thats never gonna happen....
this is a possible religion convo, so imma leave it there lol
Well to leave out religion life on Earth will eventually end one way or another, whether its a Super Volcanoe, Asteroid, Supernova sun, etc. lol

Wargames

Starter
back on topic I think that the only thing keeping us (hopefully) from having to take on Harrington's contract is the fact we could always just say "we'll wait for FA". I mean if it wasn't just the fact that Melo clearly wants to come to NY we really wouldn't have any chance to get him. So I hope they stick to their guns and do the trade but don't take back Harringtons horrible contract.