Why is the media underrating & undervaluing our players again this year?

nyk_nyk

All Star
Honestly the best chance we have at a deal is if Chris Paul stays adamant that its the knicks or no deal. Then we can throw in a future pick and try to trade some players for another pick. After that just offer cap relief to NO because the Knicks have justifiable ??? Around the rest of the younger team player.

Then the question NO has to decide is do they make the smart move or make the cavs move. With the NBA as NO owner I think they bite the bullet & use the league influence to help the Knicks get a first rounder to sweeten the deal. I mean the knicks got a first rounder for Anthony Randolph. The knicks should be able to pull a 2012/2013 pick.

:afro:

The League helping the knicks get a first rounder? What your suggesting is tampering of the largest kind lol. I'm not saying it can't happen, but if it got public and a lot of traction it could sully the reputation of the NBA.

NYKnicks11

Benchwarmer
Now I hear the same garbage again. The Knicks dont have enough to get CP3. Why? Billups a wily vet. TD gets better every season. Some draft picks and the Hornets are compensated well enough for a player that's going to leave the first chance he gets. Then they get nothing.

Billups is also 35, in the last year of his deal and will likely begin to decline. He can be as wily as you want him to be, fact is he is an old PG.

TD gets better every season? He still can't run the point and is a combo guard off the bench. His %'s all declined last year. How is that "getting better every season"? He's also going to be 26 soon, so I doubt he has much more upside and he will never be a PG since he hasn't developed his PG skills in the last 5+ years.

And draft picks are from year 2018 and on. The Hornets don't want to wait almost 10 years to get draft picks for their franchise player.

That's why the Knicks don't have enough to get Paul according to the media. Kinda easy to see when you take off your homer glasses.