Why Marbury Was Benched

TunerAddict

Starter
Tuner wanted to dress up for Halloween.....how cute...

his costume was CAPTIAN OBVIOUS....

I just wrote a big response to his post.....

but my computer froze up and it was deleted....

His attacks are obviously signs of his character's weakness...

my reponse was mainly of the list the bad things Mikey D has done so far,

and his Bio and where were are going....

He has both good and bad qualities....but hasn't done anything yet...

Lucky to have a team full of stars in Phoenix....other than that he has done much...

I lll type it all again another day......

if anyone wants to IM me and talk bball . .AIM = TRERUCKUS

go knicks...

richtree

When did I attack you? I just quoted your post because it was the sentiments of a lot of people here and highlighted key things that I gave my opinion on.....

Well you're childish response just took you from person whose posts I actually both reading to someone whom I just skip over because they have a rather large twig up their ass. Good day!

Kiyaman

Legend
For f*%cks sake. He is a TV analyst with zero coaching experience. You seeing him as a better coach than Mike Dantoni is a clear example of what Baudrillard said: the simulation (aka the media) has become the reference and not what is by most people called reality. Normally it should be the other way around: reality as a reference for the media (which mediate this reality to the general population that cannot directly participate).

Kiya, just give the man a break. It is a question of establishing a winning culture and you can neither do that over night, nor by jumping on any trade that comes along. It's a "steady hand" policy and I can live with Crawford and Zach for some time if it helps us in the long run. To me it seems as if they have a long-term plan and obviously isn't part of it. The only reason Mebury should play is to showcase him and you don't need to do that: WYSIWYG.

The announcer Mark Jackson knew what direction to take this Knick team in.
Walsh & Dantoni together are clueless by two years.

Here is an Article that show the clueness within this organization.

http://knicks.realgm.com/artic...sons_you_think/

pat

Starter
The announcer Mark Jackson knew what direction to take this Knick team in.

Knowing what to do and really doing it are two different things. I wouldn't question his basketball IQ, but handling the politics of coaching is something very important and I believe he would be a good assistant, where he could watch, learn, and control a certain aspect of a team's game, but not the entire team.

richtree

Rotation player
"Assholes man.....

Sometimes I just wonder if some of you actually think about the shit that you type up here because most of the time it doesn't seem like it..."

that was ur quote, after highlighting my text....

Maybe I took it the wrong way....seemed like an attack to me, and seemed like you are lumping posters together...

maybe I am wrong ..maybe I am not....

Oh well....I ll forget it ...lets just play ball.....

<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Kiyaman

Legend
Mark Jackson has also said "I'd take a good offensive player over a good defensive player every day of the week." The Knicks' defense would be just as bad with Jackson as head coach.

Mark Jackson says that as a PG not as a coach, he forced all his teammates to play defense including Reggie Miller.

Knowing what to do and really doing it are two different things. I wouldn't question his basketball IQ, but handling the politics of coaching is something very important and I believe he would be a good assistant, where he could watch, learn, and control a certain aspect of a team's game, but not the entire team.

I think he played assistant coach long enough as a NBA Player leading the point to record 15 assist in one season. Recall his career head coaches from Hubie Brown, Pop, and Larry Brown they all depended on Mark to run the show. So the politics are in his experience of making each team better when he arrived.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Well I have a ton of respect for D'Antoni, he's not playing Marbury for a reason (a very good reason). He's a good coach he knows what he's doing.

I'm also a Knicks fan, and I also want to see the Knicks compete and thank god that Marbury is not playing. I've watch that loser (check the win/loss with Marbury on the team) the last 5 seasons and I am so damn sick of it. I'm beyond happy he's not playing and I am finally enoying Knicks basketball again.

Marbury = 0 playoff wins in 5 years! 0!! I can throw out 100 different stats because I've watched Marbury suck on this team the last 5 years. Lets wait more then 2 games to before we rip D'Antoni's moves.

Who was the star of the team, over the last 5 seasons? Marbury was only the star of the Knicks for 2 seasons, and he got the Knicks to the playoffs once. In each of the last 3 seasons, Jamal Crawford, Eddy Curry, and now Chris Duhon have been the leaders of the team. It's not Marbury's fault that Larry Brown wanted him to play shooting guard and wanted to use a new starting lineup every day. It's not Marbury's fault that Isiah Thomas thought a no defense, no rebounds, no passing, no free throws Eddy Curry could lead the Knicks to the playoffs. It's not Marbury's fault that Isiah Thomas wanted to give Jamal Crawford 41 minutes per game, and that Isiah Thomas would rather start Quentin Richardson and Eddy Curry over Lee and Chandler. It's not Marbury's fault that D'Antoni is stupid enough to start Duhon.