Will the Knicks Take a Chance on Artest? (Newsday Column)

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Actually, Ron Artest's Chicago team mates had been quoted saying "Get him out of here, I don't even wanna practice against this guy" Apparently, he used to throw the ball above the heads of other players in the locker room as a pre-game ritual whilst they sat down.

He's a nut bar there's no doubt, but he's hard as nails and a good ball player.

If we got both him and Odom this off-season, we'd have 2 home town bad bloods that are good friends...

Bring back the Bad Boys!!!!

Def. i say we give this nut ba a chance.

He brings 100% on the court every time and expects no less from his teammates. Look at that houston team. They are not very athletic
whatsoever. What do Luis Scola, Ron Artest, Shane Battier, Chuck hayes, Mutombo, Landry, and Brooks all have in common?

They play their hearts out. That's why they blew out LA. I bet they would be a championship contending team if they were always healthy and TMac was still in his prime.

If we bring a player like that, especially a hometown hero, ppl will be forgetting all about David Lee. Shit, Ron might want to wear #42 just so fans can save money and Sharpie his name over Lees.

I don't want odom. I have not seen him mich, and when I have, he does not play center. I want a center. The trading for Tmac idea does not sound too bad. I think Ron Ron respects Tmac much and they have good chemistry, even though they played like 20-ishh games together this season. We just need Mac to play with heart.

SHIT, WE NEED EVERYONE TO PLAY WITH HEART!!!!!

BTW: Crazy8s whos the chick in your sig?

jimkcchief88

All Star
Getting Artest in here now would be a another Knick disaster. Seriously you can't go back and re-write the past. Not drafting Artest originally was the first big mistake that has started this franchise on the decade long decline that brings us todays joke of a team. The Knicks don't learn obviously because they did it again this year by passing on numerous solid prospects for the "Cock." Watching Artest battle for the Rockets during these playoffs made me want to right a "What If the Knicks had drafted Artest...." But its too late for all that now. Bringing Ron in now would be like trying to get back with your baby mama after a decade of rancor. It just doesn't happen. And that's no slight on Artest, that's a slight on the Knicks. The Rockets have an old school, no nonsense coach and a core of solid vets. The Knicks have tweedle-dee(Walsh) and tweedle-dumb(D'antoni) running things. Who else would draft an unproven Euro player with back problems with a lottery pick??? Mix that in with a bunch of young players and you would have a mess on the Stephony level. Lebron, D-Wade and any other top level FA for 2010 would be crazy to want to have anything to do with this mess. Maybe Bosh will come in and steal some money, but anybody that actually wants to win won't come here. The best thing the Knicks could do is fire D'antoni, hire a real coach that teaches DEFENSE as well as offense, and blow this team up. Keep your best young players(Lee and Chandler) and build around that through the draft and FA.

metrocard

Legend
Getting Artest in here now would be a another Knick disaster. Seriously you can't go back and re-write the past. Not drafting Artest originally was the first big mistake that has started this franchise on the decade long decline that brings us todays joke of a team. The Knicks don't learn obviously because they did it again this year by passing on numerous solid prospects for the "Cock." Watching Artest battle for the Rockets during these playoffs made me want to right a "What If the Knicks had drafted Artest...." But its too late for all that now. Bringing Ron in now would be like trying to get back with your baby mama after a decade of rancor. It just doesn't happen. And that's no slight on Artest, that's a slight on the Knicks. The Rockets have an old school, no nonsense coach and a core of solid vets. The Knicks have tweedle-dee(Walsh) and tweedle-dumb(D'antoni) running things. Who else would draft an unproven Euro player with back problems with a lottery pick??? Mix that in with a bunch of young players and you would have a mess on the Stephony level. Lebron, D-Wade and any other top level FA for 2010 would be crazy to want to have anything to do with this mess. Maybe Bosh will come in and steal some money, but anybody that actually wants to win won't come here. The best thing the Knicks could do is fire D'antoni, hire a real coach that teaches DEFENSE as well as offense, and blow this team up. Keep your best young players(Lee and Chandler) and build around that through the draft and FA.

F*ck you and Chicago.

jzero29

Rotation player
Me.

Ron Artest always been a top ten player in my eyes, and the 2nd best SF in the NBA behind Lebron.
really top ten???so assuming Kobe, lebron, wade, howard, chris paul, kevin garnet,duncan, Dirk, Yao, Bosch, Stoudamire , Carmelo, Healthy Mcgrady oops thats 14. I know there are more, like steve nash. You'd have to remove several names up there that he's better then to get him in the top 10 and I am sure I could come up with a couple more ranked above artest. I mean he's def top 20, probably around top 15, but not top 10. If every team started over he and it was all judged on court performance(talent, hustle ,heart, skill) and not off court crap (or fighting on court or AGE) He would not be picked 10th if it was a one season deal.

Dirk

Benchwarmer
I would like to get Ron. I also have a trade proposal. It would seem that Yao Ming is outwearing his welcome in Houston due to being prone. I would trade him to NY in a sec for Eddy Curry and Jared Jeffries.

3 Broken foots in a row....has gotta reduce his trade value. I say it's not a bad risk on the knicks end if you lower his minutes.

This is joke from you right? or is to much mariwana smoking? yao ming could beat cury and jefries 1 vs 2 in a weelchair. He would porbably still dunk over cury in welchair thats how bad cury defences is

Dirk

Benchwarmer
yaoovercurry.jpg

dave2138

Rotation player
hahaha nice pic..I agree Artest is top 10-15 now, but who knows for how long. He'll be 30 next season which is still young, but he seems like the type of player that won't be as consistent a shooter a few years from now. He's never played a full season before so what makes you think he will do so in his 30's? His defense will always be there, but offensively I don't see much difference in the future between him and say Al Harrington. I don't want either on this team long term.

metrocard

Legend
really top ten???so assuming Kobe, lebron, wade, howard, chris paul, kevin garnet,duncan, Dirk, Yao, Bosch, Stoudamire , Carmelo, Healthy Mcgrady oops thats 14. I know there are more, like steve nash. You'd have to remove several names up there that he's better then to get him in the top 10 and I am sure I could come up with a couple more ranked above artest. I mean he's def top 20, probably around top 15, but not top 10. If every team started over he and it was all judged on court performance(talent, hustle ,heart, skill) and not off court crap (or fighting on court or AGE) He would not be picked 10th if it was a one season deal.

Who the **** is Bosch?

Artest is better then Bosh. Bosh is a 6"10 jumpshooter, poor at defense rebounding and passing.
Stoudamire is always injured.
Yao is nice.
McGrady is never healthy, and Artest has done more for the Rockets than T'Mac has, lead them out of the first round, in one season.
Carmelo was a loser before Billups, Artest is a two way player, Carmelo is a one way player.
I give you Dirk, but if you want two in one(defense + offense) take Artest. If you just want jumpshooting offense, take Dirk and Bosh. If you want injury proneness take Amare and T'Mac, who are both terrible defenders.

Artest never fought anyone, he was attached...Artest just responsed, only bitch ass n*ggas don't understand Artest's motive.

metrocard

Legend
I guess there is no Spanish phrase for "If you can't say nothing nice, say nothing at all."

Your post are really that bad. Replying would be sin.

My top ten NBA players:(Garnett is injured, so he's off)

1. Bryant
2. James
3. Paul
4. Wade
5. Duncan
6. Howard
7. Gasol
8. Nowistki
9. Ming
10. Artest

after
11. Williams
12. Roy
13. Stoudimire
14. Granger
15. Parker
16. Shaq
17. Durant
18. Nash
19. Bosh
20. your mom.

jimkcchief88

All Star

1. Bryant
2. James
3. Paul
4. Wade
5. Duncan
6. Howard
7. Gasol
8. Nowistki
9. Ming
10. Artest

after
11. Williams
12. Roy
13. Stoudimire
14. Granger
15. Parker
16. Shaq
17. Durant
18. Nash
19. Bosh
20. your mom.

Not bad top ten list. By the way, get off mama's, cause I just got off yours.

dave2138

Rotation player
Who the **** is Bosch?

Artest is better then Bosh. Bosh is a 6"10 jumpshooter, poor at defense rebounding and passing.
Stoudamire is always injured.
Yao is nice.
McGrady is never healthy, and Artest has done more for the Rockets than T'Mac has, lead them out of the first round, in one season.
Carmelo was a loser before Billups, Artest is a two way player, Carmelo is a one way player.
I give you Dirk, but if you want two in one(defense + offense) take Artest. If you just want jumpshooting offense, take Dirk and Bosh. If you want injury proneness take Amare and T'Mac, who are both terrible defenders.

Artest never fought anyone, he was attached...Artest just responsed, only bitch ass n*ggas don't understand Artest's motive.

You seem like the type of person that would agree with Artest's tantrum.

sealy23

Rookie
I don't think Artest is a top 10 player solely based on the fact that he can't be a go-to-guy every game bc of the inconsistency on offense. Maybe top 15

The dude had no shot in college and has developed pretty well in his years in the NBA, but the best role for him is the one he's in right right now. He's essentially like a Scottie Pippen type guy, who thrives being the second guy on the team.

I would love it to have him and a Wade/Lebron or Joe Johnson and defensive C combo. He pushes his teammates to play up to his level on D and would smack the shit outta Curry's lazy punk ass in practice, which I would love to see.

GetRealistic

Starter

1. Bryant
2. James
3. Paul
4. Wade
5. Duncan
6. Howard
7. Gasol
8. Nowistki
9. Ming
10. Artest

after
11. Williams
12. Roy
13. Stoudimire
14. Granger
15. Parker
16. Shaq
17. Durant
18. Nash
19. Bosh
20. your mom.

I only have a problem with Gasol being that high... Gasol is soft as hell. You saw it in the finals last year and your seeing it this year against the Rockets.