WTF is happening - Zach/Clips deal turned down

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer
At least dialogue between us and the Clippers has started!!

You never say Yes out the box!! Well unless your a LOSER!!!!

I remember all too well how the press was saying Artest had no value and was untradeable BLAH BLAH BLAH!

PEJA!!!! Thats value coming out the ears baby!

The Don if he is talking to Clips for real "Watch Out Baby! " he will get something done! Maybe not even with just the Clippers if there really is dialogue with the Clips watch Golden State jump in!

I say get at the minimum a first round pick! Isiah made deals to satisfy us and the reporters but THE DON will make deals that make sense! Look think out the box for a sec the Clips and Warriors are going after Brand after a season in which had a Injury on his Achilles which from what I know does not heal easy like he was God . If thats the case why cant Zach after a down year and the baggage not be at least a Messiah?

Dunleavy seamed pissed no? He called? (Until espn fox or something like that reports it it could just be a story!) But if he did we have to believe he knows Zach can ball and stats wise he has been real similar to Brand! "Its Baron Time "he said " We will get him help. I have my owners backing, he is willing to do whatevers necessary to help our team improve! We will get better!"

Zach makes you better! So work it Don and get the most you can!!!!

:peace::gony::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:
Totally Agree

Paul1355

All Star
Better move than everyone thinks

http://basketball.realgm.com/src_wi...11/knicks_reject_clippers_offer_for_randolph/

Wow just wow!!! I thought we wanted to jettison Zach's contract and get cap space for 2010 - but i guess not

I think everyone is overlooking this, yes I am suprised but I thought about it and it's a smart move. Donnie Walsh feels that Zach will put up better numbers with Mike D'Antoni there so he's gonna have Zach in the starting lineup...have him score over 20 a game and his trade value will go way up. It's all business guys and the only reason to keep him is to increase his value which will go up with him playing in a D'Antoni offense. He will be traded eventually dont think that Doomsday is here and Isiah never left lol. This is a strategic way to increase his value and get better offers from teams.

Trin_Starr

Starter
I think everyone is overlooking this, yes I am suprised but I thought about it and it's a smart move. Donnie Walsh feels that Zach will put up better numbers with Mike D'Antoni there so he's gonna have Zach in the starting lineup...have him score over 20 a game and his trade value will go way up. It's all business guys and the only reason to keep him is to increase his value which will go up with him playing in a D'Antoni offense. He will be traded eventually dont think that Doomsday is here and Isiah never left lol. This is a strategic way to increase his value and get better offers from teams.

True - but there was a reason why Portland was willing to take Francis' monster $30mil contract and Charmin Frye and buy it out for Zach. The dude puts up great individual numbers but he was always stop the offense last season. He was too one on one with no passing whatsoever.

So if Dantoni wants to keep zach even though he doesn't fit into his uptempo system and have him run the risk of becoming a lockerroom cancer then why are they so eager to buyout marbury for the very same reason???
Something does not add up.

Trin_Starr

Starter
Ok got some more info this morning.
Since the clips are well under the cap - salaries don't have to match so the clips are willing to take on zach's salary without throwing their garbage contracts onto the knicks. The wrench in the cogwheel is because Walsh is trying to pry Eric Gordon in the deal.

George M.

Benchwarmer
Ok got some more info this morning.
Since the clips are well under the cap - salaries don't have to match so the clips are willing to take on zach's salary without throwing their garbage contracts onto the knicks. The wrench in the cogwheel is because Walsh is trying to pry Eric Gordon in the deal.
That's right.You don't give up a career 20/10 guy for absolutely nothing.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Ok so now I see where Donnie is coming from!

As you all know I was the most outraged by this news yesterday unitl I heard what the Clips offered us!

Dig this....They wanted to trade Zach for a second round draft pick! Not a first but a second! This was to be a straight up move with no other players involved. Now to me this was The Clippers trying to see how desperate we are to rid ourselves of Zach, and even as bad as I want to see him gone, that deal would've been just plain dumb for us.

But with The Clips coming in so low, it would lead me to believe that this really is just preliminary talks and more is expected. I think Donnie will budge off of Eric Gordon, but he isnt gonna just give Zach away.

But I am intrigued by the notion of not taking back a contract at all in this scenerio, but it better be for first rounder that is top 3 protected one year, and unprotected another or NO DEAL!

moneyg

Starter
i think donnie turning down that trade was the right thing to do. teams are in a real need for a pf and other than okafor and smith, there are none out ther but there are more tems lookin for a pf than there are available.

donnie is just wating out the market knowing the closer we get to training camp more team will get desperate.

also, he want to shed the image of the knicks getting suckered into foolish trades like in the past.. thx isiah and layden

a better deal will come...trust me:smokin:

Kiyaman

Legend
All Portland did last season was get rid of one player on their Roster, the so-call Franchise PF-Player with 20-10 stats (Zach Randolph). Steve Francis did not have to leave New York, Portland Management FEDEX him a $30 million dollar check to stay out of Portland. Darius Miles was banned from Portland Practice Gym, lockerroom, and team meetings.

The Big thing that should be on every Knick-Fan mind is that the Portland Blazers Draft Pick of a Star Big Center Greg Oden out of the draft and seconds later on draft night traded (or really buy-out) their frontcourt Star PF Zach Randolph with a 20-10 stat record for a $30 million buyout player Steve Francis. Why?
Knick-Fans should be looking for the reason why Portland made such an EXPENSIVE move to get rid of Zach Randolph.

Is coach D'Antoni a better coach than coach McMillian? could coach D'Antoni lead the youngest roster in the league to 14 straight consecutive wins and have an above .500 season with medocrity PG like Portland coach McMillian did last season from his previous 32 win season roster that included Zach Randolph?

Have any Knick-Fan seen all the "FLAWS" in Zach Randolph talents on a fastbreak and in an uptempo system? is D'Antoni a miracle worker to fix Zach flaws in one offseason when coach Cheeks and coach McMillian could'nt?
The Clippers would be a better place for Zach Randolph with Kaman & Davis putting Zach in his place for lacking off of the defensive end of the court.

And everyone in this Forum wondered why I called Donnie Walsh an idiot who will turnout worst than Isiah and Layden...

Toons

is the Bo$$
if we get gordon for zach, we clear up space and get a pg.....if this happens, marbury is a gonner for sure.....the clips get a replacement for brand, and if the celtics get marbury, they win nba titles back to back

Kiyaman

Legend
As you all know I was the most outraged by this news yesterday unitl I heard what the Clips offered us!

Dig this....They wanted to trade Zach for a second round draft pick! Not a first but a second! This was to be a straight up move with no other players involved. Now to me this was The Clippers trying to see how desperate we are to rid ourselves of Zach, and even as bad as I want to see him gone, that deal would've been just plain dumb for us.

But with The Clips coming in so low, it would lead me to believe that this really is just preliminary talks and more is expected. I think Donnie will budge off of Eric Gordon, but he isnt gonna just give Zach away.

But I am intrigued by the notion of not taking back a contract at all in this scenerio, but it better be for first rounder that is top 3 protected one year, and unprotected another or NO DEAL!

Out of the few articles that covered this story none of them mention anything about what was offered for Zach.
Walsh & D'Antoni are looking like idiots right now by letting F/C-Randolph Morris go to the Celtics who has been the big talk in the Celtics summer Bigman training camp. The Knicks frontcourt players are looking weaker everyday as trades are being made in the NBA.
Zach 36 mpg performance has been a liability to every teammate on the court with him.
His rebounds are a non-factor because of his passing game.
His poor offense is a non-factor because he never use his big body to pick off his teammates defender.
Eddy Curry 26 mpg performance is actually better than Zach 20-10 performance that needs all 36 minutes per game.

The Knicks have rejected a proposal from the Clippers to trade power forward Zach Randolph, league sources told SI.com.
Terms of any proposal were not known, but the Clippers have enough salary-cap space to accept Randolph's contract without having to give the Knicks equal salaries in return. The Clippers, seeking to replace the departed Elton Brand, were trying to take Randolph off the Knicks' hands while offering little more than cap relief to New York, the sources said. Randolph will make $14.7 million next season, and he has three years and $48 million left on his contract.
While the Knicks are known to be interested in clearing cap space by 2010 to make a run at LeBron James or other potential free agents, the sources said New York wanted more than simple cap relief in exchange for Randolph. The Knicks appear to believe that Randolph will provide a highly productive season under new coach Mike D'Antoni, which could raise his value much higher than it is today. That's why the Knicks were not interested in nearly giving away Randolph's contract, according to the sources.
Other options for the Clippers would include pursuing Hawks power forward Josh Smith or Bobcats power forward Emeka Okafor, but because both are restricted free agents, their respective teams can match any offer.

I said it when he was hired and I will say it again "Walsh is an idiot" that will be worst than Isiah and Layden.

metrocard

Legend
Out of the few articles that covered this story none of them mention anything about what was offered for Zach.
Walsh & D'Antoni are looking like idiots right now by letting F/C-Randolph Morris go to the Celtics who has been the big talk in the Celtics summer Bigman training camp. The Knicks frontcourt players are looking weaker everyday as trades are being made in the NBA.
Zach 36 mpg performance has been a liability to every teammate on the court with him.
His poor offense is a non-factor because he never use his big body to pick off his teammates defender.
Eddy Curry 26 mpg performance is actually better than Zach 20-10 performance that needs all 36 minutes per game.

The Knicks have rejected a proposal from the Clippers to trade power forward Zach Randolph, league sources told SI.com.
Terms of any proposal were not known, but the Clippers have enough salary-cap space to accept Randolph's contract without having to give the Knicks equal salaries in return. The Clippers, seeking to replace the departed Elton Brand, were trying to take Randolph off the Knicks' hands while offering little more than cap relief to New York, the sources said. Randolph will make $14.7 million next season, and he has three years and $48 million left on his contract.
While the Knicks are known to be interested in clearing cap space by 2010 to make a run at LeBron James or other potential free agents, the sources said New York wanted more than simple cap relief in exchange for Randolph. The Knicks appear to believe that Randolph will provide a highly productive season under new coach Mike D'Antoni, which could raise his value much higher than it is today. That's why the Knicks were not interested in nearly giving away Randolph's contract, according to the sources.
Other options for the Clippers would include pursuing Hawks power forward Josh Smith or Bobcats power forward Emeka Okafor, but because both are restricted free agents, their respective teams can match any offer.

I said it when he was hired and I will say it again "Walsh is an idiot" that will be worst than Isiah and Layden.

6yv2df7.gif

Ight.

umynot

Benchwarmer
How can anyone justify calling The Don an idiot? In my hood we would have custom made shoes for you!!

Donnie has proved in his history to be smart and patient! He has gotten great value in most of his deals. Biggest example was getting Peja for Artest!
Artest had way more baggage then Zach by a far margin! :update::update:

I think at the very least we can get Thomas and a first rounder!!

jimenezz7

Benchwarmer

I know you couldnt wait to jump all over this,Even though I agree with this move by Walsh I dont want to get into that today.I just want to ask you WHO DO YOU THINK WOULD BE BETTER AT THE JOB THAN WALSH AND DANTONI same question for months and you still call them idiots but you have yet to answer that question,Now this is not a fantasy league so come back with some real names with a resume.Forget this turned down deal and the west 4th street summer league you always talk about,Just tell me WHO WOULD BE MORE QUALIFIED.

Toons

is the Bo$$
kyaman, are u the sites pecimist or sumthing??? the Don?? worse than layden and isiah??
riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight