ESPN has us taking DJ Augustine at 6

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I think I'd like us to pick Lopez almost.. We need a better center, if we can trade Curry on draft night for trashy players and another later pick, then we can pick a pg at like 15 or something, and we'd have Lopez at C, and a new PG, and Curry would be GONE
I agree 100%. If Donnie Walsh or whoever is in charge of drafting for the Knicks gets Brook Lopez, I wouldn't be upset at all. Eddy Curry sucks, and he needs to be traded ASAP. I don't know how we can get a pick for Curry, though. I'd just settle for expiring contracts, if I was the Knicks. There's GMs dumb enough to take Curry, but I don't think they'll be dumb enough to give us a pick. Unless it's a second round pick. By the way, the Suns organization showed a lot of interest in Eddy Curry last season. Mike D'Antoni might still give Curry a chance to prove himself. I hope I'm wrong, but there's a possibilty that Curry will get a chance to start next season.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I just don't see in Brook Lopez what you guys see. Sorry.
The bottom line is that Brook Lopez is >>>> Eddy Curry. If I had the choice to keep Curry, or replace him with Brook Lopez, I wouldn't even have to think about it. I'd pick Lopez is a second. Lopez probably isn't going to be a superstar, but the Knicks don't need to draft a superstar. If the Knicks get lucky, and they get a superstar, that'll be great. But what the Knicks need the most right now is young talent to replace these overpaid scrubs on our team. Ex: Eddy Curry, Quentin Richardson, Jerome James, Jared Jeffries, etc. I would rather the Knicks get OJ Mayo, but he's most likely not going to be available at #6. Augustin would also be great, and he would also make an excellent choice, if the Knicks draft him.

Last edited:

knicklover

Benchwarmer
The goal is to trade Randolph and give Curry another chance under D'Antoni. Lee will be the rebounder that will start the fastbreak and run up court to also finish on occasion. Curry will be the late arrival in the post when the fast break produces nothing and they are forced into a halfcourt possession. He might also trail and take mid short/range jumpers from time to time. He had that shot in college even though he didn't use it for Isiah.

Crawford will start at SG and get better shots on the break.

The outstanding issues will be SF and PG and that depends on who they draft or trade for and IF Wilson Chandler develops into a quality starting SF.

They could also use Lee at Center and Chandler at PF when they want to go small.

The problem is going to be getting rid of Randolph. There doesn't seem to be much interest.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
The goal is to trade Randolph and give Curry another chance under D'Antoni. Lee will be the rebounder that will start the fastbreak and run up court to also finish on occasion. Curry will be the late arrival in the post when the fast break produces nothing and they are forced into a halfcourt possession. He might also trail and take mid short/range jumpers from time to time. He had that shot in college even though he didn't use it for Isiah.

Crawford will start at SG and get better shots on the break.

The outstanding issues will be SF and PG and that depends on who they draft or trade for and IF Wilson Chandler develops into a quality starting SF.

They could also use Lee at Center and Chandler at PF when they want to go small.

The problem is going to be getting rid of Randolph. There doesn't seem to be much interest.
Why should the Knicks want to give Curry a second chance? I'm going to break Eddy Curry down for you. Curry is a player that has potential, but will never reach his potential. Why? Because he has very little work ethic. Why is it bad to have little work ethic? Because if you have little work ethic, you won't work on your game to get better. What has Curry done on the Bulls and Knicks? Let's see:

As a member of the Bulls, Curry has been to the playoffs 0 times, he played horrible defense for 3 of the 4 seasons he was on the Bulls, and his rebounding was low for all 4 of his seasons with the Bulls. Scott Skyles didn't like Eddy Curry, and he wanted him to get traded.

As a member of the Knicks, Curry has been to the playoffs 0 times, he's played horrible defense in all 3 seasons as a Knick, his rebounding has been horrible for 2 of his 3 seasons and below average for all 3 of his seasons, his free throw shooting has been horrible in all 3 seasons, his passing ability was even worse than Zach Randolph(one of the biggest ball hogs in the NBA), his foul trouble has existed in 2 of 3 seasons a knick, and his turnovers have been a problem in all 3 seasons as a Knick. His offense has also been mediocore, in 2 of his 3 seasons as a knick.
So what has Curry done throughout his entire career?

He's played mediocore offense, with zero defense, limited rebounding, zero free throw shooting, zero passing, limited effort, lots of turnovers, and lots of fouls. Sure, he's shown one or two glimpses of a good offensive threat, here and there. But how much longer do the Knicks have to wait for a center that's been in the NBA for seven years to develop?

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
Why should the Knicks want to give Curry a second chance? I'm going to break Eddy Curry down for you. Curry is a player that has potential, but will never reach his potential. Why? Because he has very little work ethic. Why is it bad to have little work ethic? Because if you have little work ethic, you won't work on your game to get better. What has Curry done on the Bulls and Knicks? Let's see:

As a member of the Bulls, Curry has been to the playoffs 0 times, he played horrible defense for 3 of the 4 seasons he was on the Bulls, and his rebounding was low for all 4 of his seasons with the Bulls. Scott Skyles didn't like Eddy Curry, and he wanted him to get traded.

As a member of the Knicks, Curry has been to the playoffs 0 times, he's played horrible defense in all 3 seasons as a Knick, his rebounding has been horrible for 2 of his 3 seasons and below average for all 3 of his seasons, his free throw shooting has been horrible in all 3 seasons, his passing ability was even worse than Zach Randolph(one of the biggest ball hogs in the NBA), his foul trouble has existed in 2 of 3 seasons a knick, and his turnovers have been a problem in all 3 seasons as a Knick. His offense has also been mediocore, in 2 of his 3 seasons as a knick.
So what has Curry done throughout his entire career?

He's played mediocore offense, with zero defense, limited rebounding, zero free throw shooting, zero passing, limited effort, lots of turnovers, and lots of fouls. Sure, he's shown one or two glimpses of a good offensive threat, here and there. But how much longer do the Knicks have to wait for a center that's been in the NBA for seven years to develop?

2upbcrk.gif

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i wont mind DJ cuz he could ball, as long as we dont pick brook lopez and the italian kid, i'll be happy wit what ever we select

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cI-fBx8n97c&hl=en"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cI-fBx8n97c&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

this kid must be a monster in da paint...idk man, this kid looks promising

At first i was all for taking DJ, but the more i look at Westbrook the more i want us to take him. Mayo,Westbrook or DJ and i will be happy.