Game Thread: New York Knicks @ Indiana Pacers 7:00pm 2/24/2016

Oh well. Play didn't look good from the get go. Porzingis can hit that deep 3, but man, we never look good in these situations, regardless of who shoots. Looks like we may get one more chance at this with 1.9 seconds to go.

mafra

Legend
Melo grabs a big rebound... Down 2... Last shot... What does Rambis draw up? Let KP chuck a 3!!!

Y'know what? I'm not even going to say anything about that last shot to finish out losing this game. You don't need to know other than we missed if you're a long suffering Knicks fan.

mafra

Legend
Oh well. Play didn't look good from the get go. Porzingis can hit that deep 3, but man, we never look good in these situations, regardless of who shoots. Looks like we may get one more chance at this with 1.9 seconds to go.

Bad play by LG... He can't get an assist if life depended on it. Double team arrived and he hesitates and waits and finally passed it to KP, who was wide open... But by time ball arrives... Double teamer recoverers and contested... KP's mistake was hesitating too. If he doesn't shoot right away... Take it to the hoop... Why wait for guy to contest shot?

And then Melo air balls a tying 3... Lol.

mafra

Legend
The story of the game after making every 3 they took for the 1st 40 minutes they couldn't hit their last 3.

They missed their last 5... And badly. KP missed 2, LT missed 1, Melo missed 1, and somebody else missed 1.

Of course, all boiled down to that foolish Melo technical and his missed FT in the 4th...

George out scored Melo in 4th 16-5 I think?

mafra

Legend
Yep .. the rookie takes the last shot! now thas Dolan type of coaching for a high-light for his news paper

Not sure what play was but clearly LG didn't run it properly. Triangle thinks you don't need a PG but no NBA team can survive fools masquerading as guards. LG took ball, pick arrived, he floated to corner (worst spot imaginable), dribbled aimlessly for a moment as doubele team arrived, paused, hesitated, then gave ball to KP as defense was rotating and recovering.

This is textbook video tape right there to show to kids to detail what exactly not to do.

As for KP missing the shot... Nobody on the team was hitting that shot. Does it matter?

KP was leading scorer... Why not let our 7"3' Euro take a 3? He averages about 6-8 a game (making about 2).

Lol.

tiger0330

Legend
Calderon won't let this team quit. He nails a jumper to cut the lead to 4. He then gets a defensive rebound, drives down the court, and sets up Porzingis for a driving layup, which Porzingis misses, but Melo makes the putback. Down by 2 with about 30 seconds to go. This game isn't over.
Just not done sitting all that money on the bench. I wanted to see them go with Rolo, Quinn and KP instead of Melo to finish the game.

This game Gallo, JC and Quinn came up big and they lose. Next game they'll find another way to lose.

jimkcchief88

All Star
Bad teams find ways to lose, and lose, lose. So Calderone had a good game. So what??? We lose. Next game Melo will go out and get his 30 and Calderone will have has usual 4-7 points and we will still lose. Without a good starting backcourt in today's NBa you don't have a prayer

Kiyaman

Legend
Not sure what play was but clearly LG didn't run it properly. Triangle thinks you don't need a PG but no NBA team can survive fools masquerading as guards. LG took ball, pick arrived, he floated to corner (worst spot imaginable), dribbled aimlessly for a moment as doubele team arrived, paused, hesitated, then gave ball to KP as defense was rotating and recovering.

This is textbook video tape right there to show to kids to detail what exactly not to do.

As for KP missing the shot... Nobody on the team was hitting that shot. Does it matter?

KP was leading scorer... Why not let our 7"3' Euro take a 3? He averages about 6-8 a game (making about 2).

Lol.

Rambis should have kept Melo on the bech when we had the lead in the 4th

Porzingis playing in the final minutes of our games got us a 2-13 record in 15 games .. 2 rebounds in 33 minutes tonight
Melo still clueless on how to play defense in the final minutes of the game got us a 2-13 record in 15 games
Lopez couldnt play the final minutes of the game, because Dolan want Porzingis in the game, plus Melo did not want to defend Paul George, so we sat Lopez instead of Porzingis to put Lance Thomas in the game to defend Paul George .. Paul George defense without any help defense locked Melo scoring game up. Paul George deserve every penny of Melo's $124M contract

Kiyaman

Legend
I dont care about the last shot .. The game was LOST when Rambis took Quinn out the game n put in Melo

Nothing to do with the final shot man. You know very well why people are pissed at Melo since he was reinserted in the 4th quarter after we came back and took a substantial lead with him on the bench.

Kiyaman

Legend
If you're a superstar just called out your team after the last game, then questioned the direction of the entire organization, publicly said you have no relationship with Phil, then publicly said you were frustrated and tired of losing...you CANNOT come out the next game when the rest of the team stepped up their level of performance and the super star showed up and have such a bad game. It makes you look really bad as a leader.
Looking at Post Game .. I just watch the double team on Gallo with a wide open Porzingis 4 feet behind the 3 ball line plus Porzingis defender doubling Gallo leaving a wide open lane to the basket for Porzingis to run for a alley-opp dunk .. That was a stupid shot by a ROOKIE Porzingis !!!

jimkcchief88

All Star
Yea but jump shooters are allowed to have bad nights....Unibrow on the Pelicans followed up his 59 point effort with just 9 points.. It happens

mafra

Legend
Yea but jump shooters are allowed to have bad nights....Unibrow on the Pelicans followed up his 59 point effort with just 9 points.. It happens

The missed shots are. understandable... But getting ball taken from him in the post, missing a FT, foolish technical, and hardly any defense... That's all effort and focus.

A shame, too, b/c he is playing great all-around BBall... It's just that tonight isn't an aberration. He is not average or below average... He is awful in the 4th on most nights. It's really not even a debate right now.

I understand teams double him and force him to get rid of the ball... But after you call out roster and team you can't show up in Indy and lay an egg.

If he was smart... He shuts it down and rest knees and body. No use playing him again. If we dont, just foolish on our part. It's all about next season now.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
I am sitting here still amazed that Quinn got took out for Melo.Quinn was playing a GREAT game and done nothing to deserve to be took out.Melo on the other hand played a terrible game and done nothing to deserve getting to play.This team went on a 17-4 run with Melo on the bench and i thought you was suppose to keep the HOT HAND in the game but NOOOOOOOOOO.Melo comes in and games over its that simple.Those guys was playing GREAT together and to disrupt that by putting Melo in was a bonehead move.I am so sick of Melo and his antics smiling the whole second have when he was building a whole neighborhood full of houses with the bricks that he shot.Getting a ill advised T to hurt the knicks was stupid.Did anybody see Galo and KP's reaction in the huddle after they called a T on Melo? I did and they wasn't happy.The whole team wasn't happy after that and did you noticed nobody was around Melo after that.The players are turning on Melo and fast.

Last edited: