Official LeBron James Thread

Cahill

Rookie
http://twitter.com/jadande/status/18017172836

Part of me thinks LeBron's camp is just floating this Miami thing to gauge the reaction. And what I've seen has not been positive.

Makes sense, another reason not to trust 'sources.' Seems like there are a lot of plausible reasons for misinformation to be spread from so called insiders. LBJ's camp might be weighing their options and feeding this stuff to the media might help them gauge how the majority would feel.

I dunno...I still cant see him in miami but I guess he really wants a title and maybe he doesnt wanna be King James anymore? No way your a king in someone elses court....Hell be what nothing more then Wades jester??? The lebron brand and the NBA dies today if he goes to miami...I thought the reason for the big "FA SUMMIT" was to do what was in the best interest of the league....

p0nder

Starter
This is so suspenseful! GOD DAMN! I can't WAIT for 9:00 to get here! I know there's all kind of "reports" and "sources" going arround. But boussard is a douche bag that reports what anyone on the street tells him. "HEY BOUSSARD LeBron is going to announce his basketball retirement and go to the browns just like in the commercials!" 10 minutes later on Real GM wiretap: "LeBron going to the NFL!"

Good God Almighty! What a circus!!!

I still think the Knicks are a strong possibly and he's announcing this from Connecticut which is the home of our own H20. I think a team up of LeBron and Stat vs. Bosh and Wade will be a classic match up for years to come. People everywhere will tune into those games. And when/if they meet in the playoffs it would be one of the most celebrated matchups in NBA history.

Either way I'm stoked that it'll all be over tonight and we will know where we stand and how to move forward. If we don't get LeBron this year, i think Melo is a strong possibility in the near future and with a bonafide all-star on the roster other players will be willing to take chances here. I'm going to step off the internet sources and the forums until LeBron says it himself.
I'll see you all on the other side.

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
I said it before (weeks ago) and this forum blasted me and now all the beat writers are reporting; LaBron goes to Miami... I originally thought he would stay and Cleveland would pull off a monster trade to get Bosh but Bosh didn't want to go to Cleveland so that nixed it... Joe Johnson would have been a Knick if they didn't ask him to wait and he didn't want to lose the max contract Atlanta was offering (they were going to pull it off the table)... I really was starting to believe that he was coming to the Knicks but.... I really HATE Pat Riley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He was the one leaking all the false rumours to throw free agents off from signing with the Knicks... He is ruthless!!!

quiggle

Starter
LeBron reps are seeing if other free agents want to join the Heat, will they consider a Shaq reunions?

:shrug:i assume he wants to be the king of mini football as well ?

Well according to my sources.... if the heat don't win it all in year one, then he wants to play for the Dolphins. Doesn't want to play for the Giants or Jets because they are New York teams that play in New Jersey.

quiggle

Starter
"In honor of your greatness and for all you've done for the game of basketball - and not just the NBA, but for all the fans around the world - we want to honor you tonight and hang your jersey, No. 23, from the rafters," Riley said at midcourt. "No one will ever wear No. 23 for the Miami Heat. You're the best."

metrocard

Legend
"In honor of your greatness and for all you've done for the game of basketball - and not just the NBA, but for all the fans around the world - we want to honor you tonight and hang your jersey, No. 23, from the rafters," Riley said at midcourt. "No one will ever wear No. 23 for the Miami Heat. You're the best."

Disgusting....

KingCharles34

All Star
Miami has a history of suckin dikk....

in other news, i heard a rumor that Lebron was going to pick a team out of a hat tonight

I also heard he was considering a $30million offer to play for the Chinese National time with Starbury as his point guard. He said he will only sign if they offer Big Z a deal and send a hitman to murk delonte for smashin his mom

th3realicon

Rotation player
The fact that D'Antoni flew to Vegas to check the Knicks summer camp speaks volumes.

Lesbo James is not coming to the Knicks.

yanks26ngoin

Benchwarmer
I really dont see how LeBron will go to the Knicks. What LeBron is doing to these kids is absolutely pitifully disgusting and is just freaking low. Beyond what he is doing to the kids, hes basically shoving it in the Knicks organization faces, saying "I know you want me desperately, and I know I am in your own backyard, but screw you, Im going to play with my friends and dominate you for years." Now what hes doing to the kids piss me the hell off. All these kids are very excited for him to come there and they love the Knicks, you can bet they will be rooting for the Knicks to come out on top. When they find out that he is not going to be a Knick, they will be tremendously upset, angry, and I would not be surprised if some kids cry or just plain walk out on him, hell thats what I would do. Im sorry, this is just way to overboard, and really takes a huge ego. He really must have a bigger ego than all politicians combined. He will make 49 states hate him, and 1 state love him. Why? The Heat just make no sense. And no one would forgive him to going to a team that makes no sense for him. I mean, I think if he were to pick New York, everyone would understand and forgive him, and eventually Ohio would too. He can single handedly turn around the entire organization and make the state of New York actually love basketball again. Not only that, but he would make a ton of money if he came to NY. In Miami, he will always be in Dwayne Wades shadow, no matter what anyone says, he will. If LeBron really doesnt realize this, than he and his people really have something wrong with them. In Chicago, he makes money ONLY if he brings them titles, but he would also be living in the shadow of Michael Jordan. The Clippers just make no sense, period. And the Nets, well, come on. They make less sense than the Clippers, even though hes friends with Jay Z.

yanks26ngoin

Benchwarmer
Wow, was I wrong. He already did the lowest of all lows. This is just pitiful and LeBron should be more than embarrassed. If those kids arent allowed back in, well theres only one thing left to say, "F U LeBron. F U. You get kids all excited, then not only dash there hopes of becoming a part of their favorite team, you kick them out of a center where they can be and have fun and never feel unwanted. You really do not deserve what you have and what you will have and you really must want to become the most hated basketball player in the world."

Via the New York Posts George Willis' twitter account:

They're kicking Boys and Girls off the grounds of the Boys and Girls Club in Greenwich. #LeBron