The Official Tracey McGrady Thread

dave2138

Rotation player
Of course, Magic never played in the toughest era the NBA has seen...if he played now, he'd be like a Boris Diaw type player. Larry Bird would be like Kapono, and MJ would be like Vince Carter. Its a different era, It puzzles me as to why oldtimers think the stars from back whenever would be just as good as they are now. Wilt Chamberlain would be like Greg Oden if he played now, possibly a healthier version and Charles Barkley would be sorta like Luke Richard Mbah a Moute.

Magic > Diaw
Bird > Kapono
Jordan < Carter
Chamberlain = Oden
Barkley > Mbah a Moute

This is if all those superstars played now at the age they are now. (Chamberlain = Oden because both never see the court)

KingCharles34

All Star
Magic > Diaw
Bird > Kapono
Jordan < Carter
Chamberlain = Oden
Barkley > Mbah a Moute

This is if all those superstars played now at the age they are now. (Chamberlain = Oden because both never see the court)
well i meant when they were in their primes...but lol @ chamberlain being dead and still as good as Greg Olden :lol:

RaptorRulz

Benchwarmer
because nike has offered King James 300 million if he goes to the knicks thats why!

Site your sources son.... Arbitraily throwing out numbers with no proof is pointless, like thinking T-Mac is a 20 ppg dude.

Have fun chasing the cavs, celts,hawks and raps for the next 5 years

smokes

Huge Member
No chance Bosh going to NY, he doesn't want to be a side kick, hes the best PF in the game right now with 33 20 10's, and no way he would leave 30 mil on the table and you can forget about a sign and trade since clearly you have nothing to offer, Secondly with Jamison on the cavs, it would be hard for LBJ to leave the cavs, That team is stacked and why would he leave to wait 3 maybe 4 years before the Knicks would be a tiltle contender pushing his age into the 30's, I just don't see that happening.

Best PF in the league? I think Pau Gasol might disagree... The amount of 20/10s you have doesn't quantify you as the best PF.

And sorry but Bosh has already proven he's not good enough to be the #1 option. You have the most efficient PG in the league, a top 5 SF (well, he was top 5 before he went to your craphole team), a great 7 foot C and Bosh and you're only just breaking .500...

gtfo

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
LMAO at this Raps fan listing the Raps with the Cavs Celts and Hawks for the next five years... you assuming Dwight Howard decides to become a pastor and the Magic fall off the earth? Now look, I like Bosh, I think he's a good player, honestly theres no one on the Raps roster I have anything against, but you are coming here to another team's forum and throwing dumb things out there. If you were a Laker fan saying haha we're better than the Knicks I'll say ok, congrats but why are you wasting your time on our site. You are wasting your time on our site because your team has a better record now, but to say the Raptors are going to be a force or a legit contender over the next five years is idiotic. The Knicks have now given themselves a great opportunity to vastly improve via free agency, Lebron or no Lebron, they'll be able to add some nice talent over the next 2 summers so yes, they will be a better team. Bosh may resign in Toronto and give them the means to stay in the playoffs year after year, but to say that the Raptors are going to be a top team while the Knicks stay at the bottom is just saying something to hear your own voice and bash someone else. I could say the Raptors blow and Bosh will leave them at the alter and the team will lose 82 games each of the next 5 years and then the franchise will be sold to West Virginia. I don't because I try to think about what I say and be fair, and plain and simple there is no reason in the world to think the Raptors will be far better than the Knicks in the next five years. They might, you can certainly hope that as a Raps fan, but in NY there is cause for optimism about bringing in an all star caliber players, in Tor there is cause for concern about having one walk away

RaptorRulz

Benchwarmer
Best PF in the league? I think Pau Gasol might disagree... The amount of 20/10s you have doesn't quantify you as the best PF.

And sorry but Bosh has already proven he's not good enough to be the #1 option. You have the most efficient PG in the league, a top 5 SF (well, he was top 5 before he went to your craphole team), a great 7 foot C and Bosh and you're only just breaking .500...

gtfo

Bosh is aas good aas Gasol right now, and Bosh is just hitting his prime, since you've mapped out our starting five what do you have, you have a great player in Lee, but the org. Doesn't respect him by not signing him long term, a decent player in Gallo who can become something but already he has back issues does not bode well, you have a player in Tmac who wasn't even allowed to be with his teammates, character issues but then again you had starbury so NYK fans are use to that, and no bench to speak of, overall the raps have a better team, and you guys would kill to be above .500 right now. Because that would mean Utah would not be getting a lottery pick.

smokes

Huge Member
Bosh is aas good aas Gasol right now, and Bosh is just hitting his prime, since you've mapped out our starting five what do you have, you have a great player in Lee, but the org. Doesn't respect him by not signing him long term, a decent player in Gallo who can become something but already he has back issues does not bode well, you have a player in Tmac who wasn't even allowed to be with his teammates, character issues but then again you had starbury so NYK fans are use to that, and no bench to speak of, overall the raps have a better team, and you guys would kill to be above .500 right now. Because that would mean Utah would not be getting a lottery pick.

Yeah you kinda missed the entire point of what I'm saying... You guys have a much better team and you still underachieve even with the "best PF in the game". That's the whole point. Keep Bosh if you like and if he wants to be the #1 option. You already built a team round him which has no chance of playoff success. Bosh can be the #1 option if he wants to keep going out in round 1/2 of the playoffs, no problem.

LeFlume

All Star
In four years this raptor dude will root for Pittsburg Raptors. Eff him and eff Raptors. When Bosh leave so does the media and the fan, it's just a matter of time before the owners look elsewere.

RaptorRulz

Benchwarmer
LMAO at this Raps fan listing the Raps with the Cavs Celts and Hawks for the next five years... you assuming Dwight Howard decides to become a pastor and the Magic fall off the earth? Now look, I like Bosh, I think he's a good player, honestly theres no one on the Raps roster I have anything against, but you are coming here to another team's forum and throwing dumb things out there. If you were a Laker fan saying haha we're better than the Knicks I'll say ok, congrats but why are you wasting your time on our site. You are wasting your time on our site because your team has a better record now, but to say the Raptors are going to be a force or a legit contender over the next five years is idiotic. The Knicks have now given themselves a great opportunity to vastly improve via free agency, Lebron or no Lebron, they'll be able to add some nice talent over the next 2 summers so yes, they will be a better team. Bosh may resign in Toronto and give them the means to stay in the playoffs year after year, but to say that the Raptors are going to be a top team while the Knicks stay at the bottom is just saying something to hear your own voice and bash someone else. I could say the Raptors blow and Bosh will leave them at the alter and the team will lose 82 games each of the next 5 years and then the franchise will be sold to West Virginia. I don't because I try to think about what I say and be fair, and plain and simple there is no reason in the world to think the Raptors will be far better than the Knicks in the next five years. They might, you can certainly hope that as a Raps fan, but in NY there is cause for optimism about bringing in an all star caliber players, in Tor there is cause for concern about having one walk away

You make very good and rational points and appreciate your input. I hope the knicks get better, it would make for a great rivarly, but to assume all the superstar FA's will be running to NYK is wrong there are 29 other teams in the picture with regards to FA's who knows may Bosh convinces Wade or Bron to come to Toronto?? I mean if you look at TO, they have more upside than a lot of teams cause we're young and our starters are good.

dan1608

Benchwarmer
Hopefully T Mac in New York will work well.

On on side, he hasn't played much in the last two years as a result of surgeries. His production last season was dismal and he is still in funk because of a lack of minutes in Houston.

But, this is also a contract year of McGrady, who has the highest priced contract in the NBA. He will need to prove he can still play to team next year, because right now it seems he's not worth the money. T Mac is playing with a chip on his shoulder and that's good. He has stated many times that he can play well if he is given the oppurtunity to do so. But, saying it is easier than doing it. But, I can't wait until he makes his debut in a Knick uniform. It will be very interesting.

smokes

Huge Member
You make very good and rational points and appreciate your input. I hope the knicks get better, it would make for a great rivarly, but to assume all the superstar FA's will be running to NYK is wrong there are 29 other teams in the picture with regards to FA's who knows may Bosh convinces Wade or Bron to come to Toronto?? I mean if you look at TO, they have more upside than a lot of teams cause we're young and our starters are good.

LOL do you even know how basketball works? You're so ignorant its ridiculous.

29 other teams? Erm no because the only teams that can sign these players are ones with CAP SPACE (Clips, Knicks, Nets, Bulls etc)...

How is Toronto going to sign a big FA? You guys have 47 million in commited salary WITHOUT Chris Bosh which means unless a superstar is going to sign a minimum contract (LOL) you have absolutely 0 chance of getting anyone.

Wow way to expose yourself.

RaptorRulz

Benchwarmer
LOL do you even know how basketball works? You're so ignorant its ridiculous.

29 other teams? Erm no because the only teams that can sign these players are ones with CAP SPACE (Clips, Knicks, Nets, Bulls etc)...

How is Toronto going to sign a big FA? You guys have 47 million in commited salary WITHOUT Chris Bosh which means unless a superstar is going to sign a minimum contract (LOL) you have absolutely 0 chance of getting anyone.

Wow way to expose yourself.

We'll just do what you guys have been doing the last decade pay the luxury tax, the difference is NYK had the highest payroll in the league, and was a lottery team the whole time.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Why are you still posting?
Agreed. I thought if I stopped talking, this guy would just leave. What POSSIBLE draw would Bosh have in bringing anyone to Toronto with him? "Hey LeBron. We have a very rich international community with 0 night life, 0 endorsement opportunities and 0 chance of winning a championship. Oh yeah, don't forget to get a new passport as well. The weather is awesome...." The point about our team having the HIGHEST payroll in the league is completely irrelevant. Isiah Thomas brought that upon this franchise...not to mention we'll have the lowest payroll in the league going into July....so yeah completely irrelevant and invalid. I'm not sure what's worse, having a solid 3 core players (Chandler, Gallo and Lee) and overachieving with the worst roster in the NBA, or having a plethora of young talent and staying at .500 or even sub .500. Atleast we have upside. No one on this forum is arguing that our team now is any good. We're just pointing out how f***ing retarded you sound for saying Toronto is any position to contend for the next 5 years. Good luck BUDDAY

th3realicon

Rotation player
CavFan, RaptorRulz? We are getting famous i see.

If you fellas are so sure your bigs will stay put why you even bother coming here anywayz?