Fire D'Antoni!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
We don't have marginal players, we have ending contract feces ( + youngsters). If any other coach were at the helm of the Knicks right now and did achieve a better record in the same time frame, it'd be so marginal (1-3 wins more) that the outcome would still be depressing.

Hate/blame Mike D as much as you like, firing him won't make any difference. I'm stunned by some of his rotation calls, but getting the most out of a team like ours will take some experimental thinking and is bound to be flawed.

Not praising D'Antoni...Just stating that he's still a winner with a squad of complete tards. Can't turn lead in to gold.

jpz17

Starter
We don't have marginal players, we have ending contract feces ( + youngsters). If any other coach were at the helm of the Knicks right now and did achieve a better record in the same time frame, it'd be so marginal (1-3 wins more) that the outcome would still be depressing.

Hate/blame Mike D as much as you like, firing him won't make any difference. I'm stunned by some of his rotation calls, but getting the most out of a team like ours will take some experimental thinking and is bound to be flawed.

Not praising D'Antoni...Just stating that he's still a winner with a squad of complete tards. Can't turn lead in to gold.

:agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed::agreed:

KBlack25

Starter

You sucking on d'antoni's nuts too much BITCH
...The fact of the matter is that great coaches win with marginal players, I'm not saying that this team was assembled to win the championship but .500 was the goal for this team or at least close to it. Are we heading that path? We are sure not, the problem I have with you is that you keep saying is only the players fault, well to me and others on this board is our coach. He is clueless and desperation mode 15 games in. Get the dick of your mouth while watching the games maricon!

Not sucking D'Antoni's nuts in any way, shape or form. Just saying that no matter what, firing this guy would not make any difference. The two posters above me (8s and jpz) feel the exact same way. Obviously you don't know shit about basketball as you want to go around talking about the Houston Rockets, then when I absolutely murder you, you have no response and you have to resort to name-calling and saying I suck on D'Antoni's nuts (not the case, if you even read the post).

A quote from my post:

I didn't say D'Antoni is doing a great job. You are putting words in my mouth. I don't agree with his rotations, and the way this draft was bumbled by him and his coaching staff really floors me.

That's not "sucking on D'Antoni's nuts" by any stretch the imagination.

You:
"The problem I have with you is that you keep saying is only the players fault, well to me and others on this board is our coach."

Read that sentence again? Seriously, how did it feel finally passing the third grade on your fourth try?

Where are you arriving at the fact that the goal this season was .500? NEWSFLASH MORON: THIS TEAM IS NOT BUILT TO WIN FORTY ONE GAMES!

Do you sit in on the player talks? Did you see the team mission statement before the season? Tell me, where did you come up with the random fact that .500 is the goal? The mission statement was likely to get the young guys a lot of playing time, which D'Antoni, for what it's worth, isn't doing all that great a job, but at the same time we have a team that LOVES to just shoot the ball (see: Al Harrington). But that's the main reason we didn't get AI, so that we wouldn't have a one-year rental hoisting 40 shots per game.

If the GOAL was .500, we would have signed AI, he gives us a better chance to hit that mark. If the GOAL was to get young guys playing time, then we don't sign AI.

Like the two posters above me, who have intelligence above ARod2k9's entire family combined (not saying all that much, they all dropped out in the fifth grade), all I am saying is that firing D'Antoni does not accomplish a God damn thing. We aren't going to win a title, we aren't going to be competitive. We have the worst roster in the league (still no response, ARod, about me murdering you on the Houston Rockets as you ran your idiotic mouth?), and not God Himself coaching could make us a champion or even competitive in this league.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
This reminds me of the Larry Brown days. Larry Brown wanted to play his style (slow pace and defense) but he didn't have the players that fit his system. Consequentially, he won 23 games and everybody called for him to be fired. He was, and now we're still paying for that move.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
KBlack25,

I never said that d'antoni should get fired, what I said was that he is coaching to get fired and is doing an awful job. You said that the fault lies in our roster, but if Phil Jackson had our roster don't you think that he would do better job than our coach? I have lost all respects towards d'antoni, felt that he was a better coach. We are not fighting out there and I blame it on the coach. You on the contrary say that we have the worst roster in the league, this team won 32 games last season! 26-47 record after trading Crawford/Randolph last season. Most fans felt that 35-37 wins was a reality this season.

KBlack25

Starter
KBlack25,

I never said that d'antoni should get fired, what I said was that he is coaching to get fired and is doing an awful job. You said that the fault lies in our roster, but if Phil Jackson had our roster don't you think that he would do better job than our coach? I have lost all respects towards d'antoni, felt that he was a better coach. We are not fighting out there and I blame it on the coach. You on the contrary say that we have the worst roster in the league, this team won 32 games last season! 26-47 record after trading Crawford/Randolph last season. Most fans felt that 35-37 wins was a reality this season.

If Phil Jackson had our roster, he'd probably do better. But we wouldn't be .500. So what's the point? To get 2 or 3 more wins if we fire D'Antoni? Look, facts are facts, we had the 2nd worst record in the east last year ahead of only a mostly Arena-less Wizards. With Arenas on the roster, we are def. the WORST roster in the East. Look at the teams that finished behind the Knicks last year:

Clippers: At least they have Baron Davis, an up-tempo PG that can score.
Memphis: You wouldn't prefer Mayo-Gay to any one we have?
Thunder: Kevin Durant is leaps and bounds beyond anyone on our squad.
Minnesota: Al Jefferson is better than anyone we have.
Golden State: See all the Monta Ellis love on this board? Plus people love Anthony Morrow and that guy Randolph.

The only team that really comes close to us in terms of having a crappy roster is Sacramento. Most every other team has a guy that can takeover the game, we don't.

iSaYughh

Starter
Hate it when Bill Simmons speaks the truth.

The one thing I thought of was that our fellow trashcan stablemates who will be vying for John Wall have a pretty sick surplus of quality, young PGs (Minny, Nets, etc.). So, perhaps, our chances of getting Flynn or Rubio or a young PG who can deal the way D'Ant needs this offseason are better than we thought.

Not trading Wilson Chucking Chandler in the draft to move up and get Rubio haunts us, though.

JayJ44

Starter
If Phil Jackson had our roster, he'd probably do better. But we wouldn't be .500. So what's the point? To get 2 or 3 more wins if we fire D'Antoni? Look, facts are facts, we had the 2nd worst record in the east last year ahead of only a mostly Arena-less Wizards. With Arenas on the roster, we are def. the WORST roster in the East. Look at the teams that finished behind the Knicks last year:

Clippers: At least they have Baron Davis, an up-tempo PG that can score.
Memphis: You wouldn't prefer Mayo-Gay to any one we have?
Thunder: Kevin Durant is leaps and bounds beyond anyone on our squad.
Minnesota: Al Jefferson is better than anyone we have.
Golden State: See all the Monta Ellis love on this board? Plus people love Anthony Morrow and that guy Randolph.

The only team that really comes close to us in terms of having a crappy roster is Sacramento. Most every other team has a guy that can takeover the game, we don't.

Tyreke Evans, Kevin Martin, Jason Thompson, Spencer Hawes>Anyone we have. Other than that, completely agree.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
This thread brings back so many good memories :lol:

If this team would of stayed as bad as we were playing in the first 20 games, he wouldn't be coaching us now.

p0nder

Starter
I'll give him his dues. He's trying to work with what he's got and he's still one of the biggest draw's for FA's coming here. Everyone wants to play for d'antoni. Al we gotta do ow is sit tight for the season, watch how the young guns develop and hope that walsh has some more super secret deals in the works to free up max FA #2 space.

clumsy

Rotation player
Rockets roster is > Knicks roster. Shane Battier is Jared Jeffries is Jeffries could hit an open 3. Definitely a game changer.

Also rockets game is defense first. They also have tons of shooters...pure shooters becasue when they had Yao he would attract a double or triple and cuz he was so tall he would pass it out.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I'll give him his dues. He's trying to work with what he's got and he's still one of the biggest draw's for FA's coming here. Everyone wants to play for d'antoni. Al we gotta do ow is sit tight for the season, watch how the young guns develop and hope that walsh has some more super secret deals in the works to free up max FA #2 space.

That's a silly comment. Everyone like who? If that's the case then Joe Johnson would have stayed in Phoenix. I'm not a huge Dantoni fan and I think he is widely overrated as a coach. The best coaches will improve team offense AND defense. I've watched basetball damn near my whole life and his SSOL offense would never get players titles because it doesn't eploy defense. In the playoffs you HAVE to be able to play a half court game... especially in crunch time. I'll take guys like Van Gundy, Doc Rivers and Larry Brown over him any day no matter what.

p0nder

Starter
1) he's adjusted his game plan and SSOL philosophy to fit the knicks and it is producing wins. You'll notice it's not the same as it was in phx. Now it's more like everyone get down the court, set a quick pick'n'roll, creating mismatches and confusion using speed and good outside shooting.

2) He's well liked and respected in the league because of his work with many players, including Steve Nash. He's known for listening to players and being a great liaison between players and management. He gets good players their numbers, and makes mediocre players better. The fact that we are 1 game out of 7th with a young, raw and uninspired team is a testament to that.

Most players in the league would not say "**** no i don't want to play for that guy". Quite the opposite. For a superstar his style could mean the difference between conference finals apperance and Finals/League MVP.

Kiyaman

Legend
1) he's adjusted his game plan and SSOL philosophy to fit the knicks and it is producing wins. You'll notice it's not the same as it was in phx. Now it's more like everyone get down the court, set a quick pick'n'roll, creating mismatches and confusion using speed and good outside shooting.

2) He's well liked and respected in the league because of his work with many players, including Steve Nash. He's known for listening to players and being a great liaison between players and management. He gets good players their numbers, and makes mediocre players better. The fact that we are 1 game out of 7th with a young, raw and uninspired team is a testament to that.

Most players in the league would not say "**** no i don't want to play for that guy". Quite the opposite. For a superstar his style could mean the difference between conference finals apperance and Finals/League MVP.

Dantoni dont have a clue about defense and his assistant coach Herb Williams is waiting for him to get FIRED like he did the 4 coaches before him.
Larry Hughes & Jefferies implimented the "Team Defensive Plan" we been using though the stretch of the last 17 games.
There was one game we knew we had untill Jefferies fouled out, and everyone on the game thread knew at that moment the Knicks loss.
Dantoni did not wake-up in the middle of the night with a head full of defensive settings for each player.

Any player looking to go to the FINALS or win a Championship is not coming anywhere near Dantoni (he is becoming a virus).
Harrington will be the only expiring contract returning next year b/c he is Donnie Walsh Pet-Player.
I see Wilson Chandler refusing to sign an extension if Dantoni is still here

hometheaterguy

Knicks Guru
Dantoni is a good coach and when he can get a few more key pieces in place, you will see how this team can be a contender. There is no coach, alive or dead, that could make this team any better the way it is now. The Knicks have a few pieces in place but they need help and 2 or 3 key players will right this ship!!

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I never wanted Dyke Manphony as our head coach. I still would have preferred Patrick Ewing. Brook Lopez would be on the Knicks right now, had the Knicks given Ewing the coaching position.

People who say Ewing has no coaching experience must not have seen Ewing coaching on the Magic bench, while they were in the 2009 NBA finals.

Or when the Magic were in the semi-finals, in 2008.

Or when the Rockets were in the playoffs with a 50+ win season, with Ewing on the bench coaching.

It is not coincidence that Dwight Howard and Yao Ming improved their game under Ewing.

Kiyaman

Legend
Dantoni is a good coach and when he can get a few more key pieces in place, you will see how this team can be a contender. There is no coach, alive or dead, that could make this team any better the way it is now. The Knicks have a few pieces in place but they need help and 2 or 3 key players will right this ship!!

Nobody is saying Dantoni isnt a good coach, he just isnt the coach for the Knicks.
The team that hires Dantoni have to trade all their roster for Dantoni type players LOL ha ha ha ha
We had 6 decent young players plus the 6th pick in the draft when we FIRED Isiah Thomas.
We could have rebuilt around our young players with the right headcoach (Rick Carlisle) and assistant coach (Patrick Ewing).
Could coach Ewing do something with the Curry & Zach tandem? if he had Brook Lopez & David Lee to work with u damn right we would've been the team to beat.
The Knicks has always been a playoff team without any injuries or Isiah Thomas calling any shots. The Knicks were a playoff team before Isiah and after Isiah. Isiah contributions were his 4 years of draft selections.

dpryde

Benchwarmer
Nobody is saying Dantoni isnt a good coach, he just isnt the coach for the Knicks.
The team that hires Dantoni have to trade all their roster for Dantoni type players LOL ha ha ha ha
We had 6 decent young players plus the 6th pick in the draft when we FIRED Isiah Thomas.
We could have rebuilt around our young players with the right headcoach (Rick Carlisle) and assistant coach (Patrick Ewing).
Could coach Ewing do something with the Curry & Zach tandem? if he had Brook Lopez & David Lee to work with u damn right we would've been the team to beat.
The Knicks has always been a playoff team without any injuries or Isiah Thomas calling any shots. The Knicks were a playoff team before Isiah and after Isiah. Isiah contributions were his 4 years of draft selections.

the knicks were bad bfore isiah and atrocious after him. no1 could make eddy and zack work, im surprised d'antoni got 33 wins outta this team last year

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Exposing the irrational hatred for Dant

Dantoni dont have a clue about defense and his assistant coach Herb Williams is waiting for him to get FIRED like he did the 4 coaches before him.
Larry Hughes & Jefferies implimented the "Team Defensive Plan" we been using though the stretch of the last 17 games.

Right, the players just decided to play defense and it has nothing to do with coaching, practices and a focus on D...:rolling:

I seem to remember Dant specifically setting a goal to get better defensively...guess what, we did! BOTH Dant and the players deserve credit for the increased defensive intensity.

I'll do something that you can't and won't do...back up my points with evidence! (if I had a Newsday.com account I would link whole article but it is clear that Dant set a goal)

Knicks' D'Antoni to slow it down, focus on defense
November 16, 2009 By ALAN HAHN [email protected]

GREENBURGH, N.Y. - His famous offense has been so bad this season that it could be retitled "Several Seconds of Mess." Mike D'Antoni is the leader of these 1-9 Knicks and, as he said after practice Monday, "So far I haven't led them anywhere.''

But the poor start, which comes after a 32-50 season, won't lead Donnie Walsh to reconsider his coach.

Walsh, whose first major move as Knicks...

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...ni-to-slow-it-down-focus-on-defense-1.1593272

That article is from November 16th right before we started our improved play completely shredding your irrational hatred for Dant and claims that it was the players and not the coach who are responsible for the defensive intensity.

Dantoni did not wake-up in the middle of the night with a head full of defensive settings for each player.

As my linked article shows he did indeed decide to focus on D and your hatred is proved hallow.

Any player looking to go to the FINALS or win a Championship is not coming anywhere near Dantoni (he is becoming a virus).

A virus to who? Marbury and Jerry Stackhouse? You make these bold claims without a shred of proof to back up a single wild eyed conspiracy theory. Please provide evidence that no one wants to play for Dant...I'll wait!

Lets hear from Nash, a former Dant player:

Nash doesn't get D'Antoni criticism
Tuesday December 1, 2009 9:34 AM By Alan Hahn

From the Arizona Republic:

"I don't think anyone expected them to turn it around last year or this year," Steve Nash said at Suns practice in New York on Monday. "Everyone starts getting on top of Mike or the system or whatever they do. In reality, if you said to them, 'Are the Knicks going to be any good before the big free-agent summer? I think everyone would've said 'No,...

http://www.newsday.com/sports/baske...nash-doesn-t-get-d-antoni-criticism-1.1631163

He is sticking up for the coach and might as well be talking directly to you and the rest of the haters who are consumed with false expectations and the attention span of a fruit fly.

I see Wilson Chandler refusing to sign an extension if Dantoni is still here

Any link or evidence to support yet another bold claim by you?...doubt it!

In conclusion, it is clear that you have a seething, irrational hatred for an elite coach who will be here for years to come regardless of the made up conjecture you propagate at every chance. I wonder how many wins, playoff births or titles he will need to bring for you to walk back your preconceived hatred? I fully expect you will ignore this post as you have down with my previous posts exposing your claims and theories as nothing more than a disgruntled "fan" with a hard on for our coach.

Last edited:

p0nder

Starter
^Thank you for backing up a well thought out post with evidence. I think D'ant is working hard to make defensive schemes that work with this team and has thus far been getting good results holding good teams to lower point totals over the last 15 games or so. I do think a lot of the credit should go to jefferies tho, who is a great all around defender (1on1 and on help defense) .

I had so little faith in this team having anything resembling a good season this year that I stated in an earlier post i'd eat my post if we ended with a .500 record. The FACT that we are 1.5 games out of 7th place is testament to the skills of our coaching staff.

This team was supposed to be in the absolute basement and it remains that we are NOT. Even after a 1-9 start, we have made a big turnaround and are competing for the playoffs.

Just think about that for a moment.

We were pegged as one of the weakest teams in the league in the preseason. We are clearing cap room, have a number of players in contract years, we drafted a project player instead of an impact player, we were banking a lot of offensive responsibility on a back up mle pg and a 2 year/rookie player who was pretty much unproven as a talent going into the year.

And here we are, cracking as high as 15 and 16 on power ranking lists.

I'm as critical of our coach and management as anyone but that is just damned impressive. And while a lot of the credit goes to the players for choosing to put in the effort instead of calling it in, D'ant gets credit for getting them to do so and managing the team under high amounts of scrutiny and doing it HIS way.