Fire D'Antoni!

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Gaybcd - 3. I have better skin than you. You're more pale than WWE'S Sheamus, and I'm tan and highly attractive.
4. You have some of the worst ancestry; European ancestry.

:ban:............ Seriously?

lexotan

Rookie
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/BxLeOZxXEtA&hl=it_IT&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BxLeOZxXEtA&hl=it_IT&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object><object height="340" width="560">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/BxLeOZxXEtA&hl=it_IT&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" height="340" width="560"></object>

Osiris80

Benchwarmer
Gaybcd - 3. I have better skin than you. You're more pale than WWE'S Sheamus, and I'm tan and highly attractive.
4. You have some of the worst ancestry; European ancestry.

Um.... Isn't the site owner and moderator European?

Red

TYPE-A
Who's fault is it?

"""Just as he did last winter and again earlier this season, Chris Duhon has fallen into a funk and taken the Knicks offense with him. When the inconsistent point guard has struggled, so has his team. But Mike D'Antoni insists Duhon's woes are mental, not physical -- that Duhon too easily loses his confidence, not his game. "(It's) probably confidence. He gets down on himself way too much. We have to get over that and give him confidence. Other guys have to pick it up, and we haven't been able to do that," said D'Antoni, who has had to give more playmaking chores to David Lee and Nate Robinson, with Duhon looking timid and tentative.-NYPOST"""" Consider the following: 1. Duhon has been garbage since forever! 2. N8 & TD are > Duhon 3. Larry Hughes was greatly responsible for our best stretch of the season 4. The NYK are 2 games out of the 8th spot in the East 5. NYK are 4 behind CHA for the 5th spot. Basically, IF we can make the playoffs has already been answered.... OBVIOUSLY WE HAVE PROOVEN WE CAN for all those none believer aka experts. That said given the body of evidence regarding who's better etc... IF WE DONT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS IT WILL BE D'ANTONI'S FAULT! No more the roster is to blame, no more we need to develop, no more we need to showcase.... No More Excuses! IF we don't make the playoffs (which I might add should be OUR PRIMARY goal- not shedding salary) there is only ONE person to blame.... Mike D'Antoni! I didn't hear excuses when we went on a run in Dec. because there were none. Excuses are for the weak. Put your money where your mouth is... If he's so good, and we now "Know" who can do what, combined with the inept east- not making the playoffs is a failure. It means top ten draft picks that lead the league in threes are WORTHLESS if you can't compete in the JV EAST. - One!

Kiyaman

Legend
"""Just as he did last winter and again earlier this season, Chris Duhon has fallen into a funk and taken the Knicks offense with him. When the inconsistent point guard has struggled, so has his team. But Mike D'Antoni insists Duhon's woes are mental, not physical -- that Duhon too easily loses his confidence, not his game. "(It's) probably confidence. He gets down on himself way too much. We have to get over that and give him confidence. Other guys have to pick it up, and we haven't been able to do that," said D'Antoni, who has had to give more playmaking chores to David Lee and Nate Robinson, with Duhon looking timid and tentative.-NYPOST"""" Consider the following: 1. Duhon has been garbage since forever! 2. N8 & TD are > Duhon 3. Larry Hughes was greatly responsible for our best stretch of the season 4. The NYK are 2 games out of the 8th spot in the East 5. NYK are 4 behind CHA for the 5th spot. Basically, IF we can make the playoffs has already been answered.... OBVIOUSLY WE HAVE PROOVEN WE CAN for all those none believer aka experts. That said given the body of evidence regarding who's better etc... IF WE DONT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS IT WILL BE D'ANTONI'S FAULT! No more the roster is to blame, no more we need to develop, no more we need to showcase.... No More Excuses! IF we don't make the playoffs (which I might add should be OUR PRIMARY goal- not shedding salary) there is only ONE person to blame.... Mike D'Antoni! I didn't hear excuses when we went on a run in Dec. because there were none. Excuses are for the weak. Put your money where your mouth is... If he's so good, and we now "Know" who can do what, combined with the inept east- not making the playoffs is a failure. It means top ten draft picks that lead the league in threes are WORTHLESS if you can't compete in the JV EAST. - One!

Dantoni's coaching has to many FLAWS!
his biggest FLAW is not just being clueless to defense, but not being the Knicks assistant coach for 2 years before becoming the Knicks headcoach.....Dantoni look to be the worse "coach to player" relationship in the NBA....when in Phoenix Dantoni was known widely as the "Same-Page" coach to player.
However, it has not showed once while Dantoni been in New York...

Kiyaman

Legend
Is Mike Dantoni the right coach for the Knicks???

Being a Basketball Player for 35 years of my life, and a die hard Knick-Fan for over 20 years....it's easy to tell the conversation between a fan and a player who plays the game. a big difference!

It has become common knowledge for me to know any and all Basketball-Players who been on teams with knuckle-head and selfish teammates with scoring talent.....are in dire need for the "right coach" to come into their situation and coach to each players-versatile-talent to create a winning atmophere for the team.
I have witness several times on how every player (myself included) want to make a good first impression on our new headcoach just to receive playingtime.
The "wrong coach" is the coach which shows "I dont care attitude" in his presence, action, and speech. Which Dantoni showed in his first Knick preseason-game all the way to his 2nd season 41 game.
I doubt likely if Dantoni will coach all of the 2010-11 season, if he aint fired this offseason.

As much as I did'nt like any of the players Isiah Thomas traded for......the Duhon, Crawful, Zbo, and Lee, starting-lineup was a .500 record lineup. Because of the dynamic players coming off the bench "Nate, Marbury, and Chandler", which made the Knicks 8-man rotation a .550 record team for 82 games. These were players whom had a year or more playing together, and was doing their best to impress the new headcoach (who would've ever thought that Marbury would have accepted coming off the bench.....which turned out to be the first move to make Marbury quit.). I Don't Care....move by the headcoach written all over it.

The MSG Knick-Fans were just looking for consistent WINS, and a end to Isiah Thomas head games. We would've been happy with a 40-42 season just to get some ledgit trades.
But what did we get.....every player is starting out with a clean slate......he is not in our future plans.....all our moves are for the 2010 Plan

pat

Starter

Being a Basketball Player for 35 years of my life, and a die hard Knick-Fan for over 20 years....it's easy to tell the conversation between a fan and a player who plays the game. a big difference!

It has become common knowledge for me to know any and all Basketball-Players who been on teams with knuckle-head and selfish teammates with scoring talent.....are in dire need for the "right coach" to come into their situation and coach to each players-versatile-talent to create a winning atmophere for the team.
I have witness several times on how every player (myself included) want to make a good first impression on our new headcoach just to receive playingtime.
The "wrong coach" is the coach which shows "I dont care attitude" in his presence, action, and speech. Which Dantoni showed in his first Knick preseason-game all the way to his 2nd season 41 game.
I doubt likely if Dantoni will coach all of the 2010-11 season, if he aint fired this offseason.

As much as I did'nt like any of the players Isiah Thomas traded for......the Duhon, Crawful, Zbo, and Lee, starting-lineup was a .500 record lineup. Because of the dynamic players coming off the bench "Nate, Marbury, and Chandler", which made the Knicks 8-man rotation a .550 record team for 82 games. These were players whom had a year or more playing together, and was doing their best to impress the new headcoach (who would've ever thought that Marbury would have accepted coming off the bench.....which turned out to be the first move to make Marbury quit.). I Don't Care....move by the headcoach written all over it.

The MSG Knick-Fans were just looking for consistent WINS, and a end to Isiah Thomas head games. We would've been happy with a 40-42 season just to get some ledgit trades.
But what did we get.....every player is starting out with a clean slate......he is not in our future plans.....all our moves are for the 2010 Plan

Seriously, Kiya: It is getting old. Was there anything new in your post? It is as easy as that: some of us like what the new coach is doing because they believe that what we have seen so far is the best you can achieve with this kind of roster. These people -- including myself -- believe stability is most important right now and that it is crucial to wait until after the 2010 off season.

Others -- like you believe that D'Antoni's system is not going to win us a championship, nor is he doing a good job with with this roster. I am going to leave aside the "if Randolph, Marbury, Crawford." had stayed on the team argument since they did not and non of us can actually say what has happened.

What we can do, however, is to agree to disagree. Obviously it is not as bad as Isiah's stretch as a coach/President. I am grateful that the days of "trading for the sake of trading" are over. Let us just wait and see what is going to happen come trading deadline/off season. Then whether we should fire D'Antoni or not is going to be an issue worth discussing.

GetRealistic

Starter
Seriously, Kiya: It is getting old. Was there anything new in your post? It is as easy as that: some of us like what the new coach is doing because they believe that what we have seen so far is the best you can achieve with this kind of roster. These people -- including myself -- believe stability is most important right now and that it is crucial to wait until after the 2010 off season.

Others -- like you believe that D'Antoni's system is not going to win us a championship, nor is he doing a good job with with this roster. I am going to leave aside the "if Randolph, Marbury, Crawford." had stayed on the team argument since they did not and non of us can actually say what has happened.

What we can do, however, is to agree to disagree. Obviously it is not as bad as Isiah's stretch as a coach/President. I am grateful that the days of "trading for the sake of trading" are over. Let us just wait and see what is going to happen come trading deadline/off season. Then whether we should fire D'Antoni or not is going to be an issue worth discussing.

Yea that about sums it up... Good post... Kiya you lose all credibility when you bring Crawford, Randolph and Marbury and all your conspiracy theories.

Kiyaman

Legend

Great Response....u made some valid points I need to consider in my writing.
It's just, I thought we were through with "ALL" the Layden & Isiah headaches of a injury Mcdyess, the best guard in the NBA, Larry Brown vs Delusional, Larry Brown vs Isiah Thomas, Players vs Isiah Thomas and his pet-player Marbury.
DNP Nate, Hughes, Darko, Curry, Hill, Douglas, and Landry, is one thing, but refusing to speak or consult with either player while on DNP is a different type of bussiness.
Dont get me wrong......
The dismissal of Isiah Thomas made a big smile on my face at the mention of the Knicks. However.....
Donnie Walsh has always been a rival....happy times when Starks butted Reggie Miller.
More Happy-Times when our Rookies Nate & Lee gave the Knicks a win over Dantoni's All-Stars Nash, Marion, and Amare, for not keeping their draft pick.

Red

TYPE-A
consider the following:

I could post the quotes, but I'm on my phone but... D'Antoni was quoted as saying he won't sacrifice wins by playing guys to appease them (re: playing time) and that he is NOW focusing on making the playoffs. Walsh said the same thing so... Why: if Duhon is struggling (and the stats show it) is his minutes more than anyone else? D'ant admitted a PG is needed for this offense- again why is Duhon playing? Last yr it was "give Duhon a chance" "its too early to tell" "he was burned out" etc... now after the body of work D'ant has no more excuses but Duhon continues to get more minutes (& start) over others. Also, when we were winning Hughes was a contributor- what happened? I thought the playoffs was the goal. Further, I thought D'ant was "a players coach"- everybody loves and wants to play for... so why so many rifs since he been here? I mean let's call a spade a spade and put this "highly touted" coach's feet to the fire. IF he's better than your avg. coach, then we as fans/analysts can expect more from him justifiably. That said I think its a bit contrary to give D'ant a pass for decisions that ultimately undermine the goals of the team especially for personal reasons. So which is it... is he a star coach that knows what he's doing? If so, why hasn't he won? Or, is he a bit over-rated and should be scrutinized like everyone else who makes mistakes? Bottom line is he has players that CAN make the playoffs (& have talent) i.e.. Gallo (league 3pt leader) Chandler (versitile up and comer) N8 (6th man) Jeffries (defense 5th in dpoy) Hughes (all arounder) Harrington (led the team in pts) Lee (potential all-star) rooks Douglas/ Hill (obviously more athletic and talented than advertised but buried) and over a yr to gel w/ them, plus carried a winning rec over a month. So IF we don't make the playoffs who else is to blame but... D'Antoni?

pat

Starter
Great Response....
DNP Nate, Hughes, Darko, Curry, Hill, Douglas, and Landry, is one thing, but refusing to speak or consult with either player while on DNP is a different type of bussiness.

Agreed. There definitely seem to be communication issues. They should get that sorted. Maybe it is a problem of "not making too much of a fuss about players who are not in the long term plans anyway."

Kiyaman

Legend
Yea that about sums it up... Good post... Kiya you lose all credibility when you bring Crawford, Randolph and Marbury and all your conspiracy theories.

So u dont think we could have done better trading Zach & Marbury with a 25-16 record (the Crawful trade was ledgit at that time b/c Harrington was a good fit between Lee, Chandler, and Zach in the rotation, plus we needed Mardy Collins defense)?

Marbury could have gotten us T-Mac, Boozer, Tyson Chandler, Brad Miller, Salmons, etc.

However.....its all under the rug now.

pat

Starter
D'ant admitted a PG is needed for this offense- again why is Duhon playing? Last yr it was "give Duhon a chance" "its too early to tell" "he was burned out" etc... now after the body of work D'ant has no more excuses but Duhon continues to get more minutes (& start) over others.

Maybe -- and just maybe -- Duhon -- as bad as he is -- does still destroy the other likely PG candidates in practise. But that's just a thought.