report: Amar'e extension in [possible] works..

iSaYughh

Starter
jba, I believe he is saying that the 2010 Plan...as it MUST be executed in it's current form -- simply given the paremeters of reality that we now deal with -- is flawed.

Which I agree upon, technically. In a more perfected situation, e.g., we would have Jennings as our current starting PG (or even SCurr) and have an infinitely more intact team to revolutionize...this would of course make the whole process a lot easier, and of course, give us better "odds" in taking care of business.

This makes Walsh's job a lot more tricky, and the minds of all Knick's fans a lot more queasy. But I think the burden is one that can still be accomplished 100% to our utmost satisfaction, and that Walsh is up to the job.

I feel we have an overwhelming amount of assets -- in cap (2 max, 1mle) and assets (Chandler, Walker, Curry, future picks) -- and that the combo of this + NYC, and Walsh' excellence as a GM will be enough to revolutionize us in one fell swoop.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
"Our 2010 plan is flawed"....where did you come up with this line of BS?
The plan has not even been finished. Wait until something is done before you criticize it. So was Ainge's plan 2 years ago flawed? And Ainge traded for aging vets and I still consider it a success. Unless you can see the future stop trying to put a damper on the future with your pessimistic hooey.
You are mentally retarded. I never even criticized it...I said it was flawed- meaning it has potential pitfalls- Denying that fact would be incorrect and invalid. Who knows if any of our targets opt out...or terminate early....is that now a flaw?

In response to my man, an actual poster on this site, iSaYughh:

I think flexibility is awesome moving forward. If we strikeout I'll be bummed most definitely, and that would be the flawed part of the 2010. It's comforting to know that we'll be able to be rid of our horrible contracts, and will have flexibility to make trades with our assets as you said. Well put. It's going to be exciting.

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer
We had no first round pick this year and we probably would have been bad next year. But would we have been bad enough to have the most ping pong balls in 2011? I don't know. And even then we would be at least 5 years from being a playoff team barring injuries to any of our players. This free agent class was one of a kind and we have enough money for 2 players which increases our chances because attracting 2 together is easier than attracting one alone and the ability to trade Curry for a player before the end of next years trade deadline which is almost a guarantee. THIS IS THE PLAN.....THE ONLY PLAN.

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer
You are mentally retarded. I never even criticized it...I said it was flawed- meaning it has potential pitfalls- Denying that fact would be incorrect and invalid. Who knows if any of our targets opt out...or terminate early....is that now a flaw?

In response to my man, an actual poster on this site, iSaYughh:

I think flexibility is awesome moving forward. If we strikeout I'll be bummed most definitely, and that would be the flawed part of the 2010. It's comforting to know that we'll be able to be rid of our horrible contracts, and will have flexibility to make trades with our assets as you said. Well put. It's going to be exciting.

Easy tiger I'm jumping in on this convo mid stream. I am not retarded and the use of that word is not kosher. My apologies to you and isayugggh...please explain to me it's flaws.

And if Donnie knows something about certain players does your "flawed" argument hold any weight. What may seem flawed to you may look alot clearer to him.

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer
Isn't the lottery flawed? Can you really build a contending team without a top 5 pick. Take the contending teams in the playoffs right now: LA,SA,OKC,ORL,BOS,CLE,DEN,UTH.... every one of those teams has at least 1 top 5 pick.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
We had no first round pick this year and we probably would have been bad next year. But would we have been bad enough to have the most ping pong balls in 2011? I don't know. And even then we would be at least 5 years from being a playoff team barring injuries to any of our players. This free agent class was one of a kind and we have enough money for 2 players which increases our chances because attracting 2 together is easier than attracting one alone and the ability to trade Curry for a player before the end of next years trade deadline which is almost a guarantee. THIS IS THE PLAN.....THE ONLY PLAN.
Still...you prove your lack on intelligence. Never did I say that 2010 is not a good plan. We traded away our picks in the Isiah era..so obviously we weren't going to be drafting our way to the top. You are completely incompetent.

I was simply stating that building our team through the draft would have been a good option if we were able to. We obviously are committed to the 2010 plan and I am completely on board. I HATE the posters on this site that look forward to 2011, because Carmelo is not coming. 2011 will be a scary year with the lockouts looming.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Easy tiger I'm jumping in on this convo mid stream. I am not retarded and the use of that word is not kosher. My apologies to you and isayugggh...please explain to me it's flaws.

And if Donnie knows something about certain players does your "flawed" argument hold any weight. What may seem flawed to you may look alot clearer to him.
Have I not served the flaws to you on a silver platter already???

What if Bosh, Wade, and LeBron all choose to opt in to the final year of their contract?

What if Amare doesn't terminate his contract early, and instead reups with the Suns?

What if Joe Johnson reups with Atlanta as an RFA before we even get a shot at him?

We would end up with Carlos Boozer at BEST...and we're talking best case scenario. Is that not a flaw? Is 2010 flaw proof???

I THINK NOT.

We'll have cap space moving forward which is really nice, but 2010 doesn't automatically make us a contender...

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer
Still...you prove your lack on intelligence. Never did I say that 2010 is not a good plan. We traded away our picks in the Isiah era..so obviously we weren't going to be drafting our way to the top. You are completely incompetent.

I was simply stating that building our team through the draft would have been a good option if we were able to. We obviously are committed to the 2010 plan and I am completely on board. I HATE the posters on this site that look forward to 2011, because Carmelo is not coming. 2011 will be a scary year with the lockouts looming.

But my man the draft is flawed even more flawed than building through free agency. You are leaving your chances of success up to a lottery. It's like buying lottery tickets to pay the bills instead of working a job. The lottery is way more flawed than any type of situation you are criticizing.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
Isn't the lottery flawed? Can you really build a contending team without a top 5 pick. Take the contending teams in the playoffs right now: LA,SA,OKC,ORL,BOS,CLE,DEN,UTH.... every one of those teams has at least 1 top 5 pick.
What does this post even mean? You're arguing FOR my point of building through the draft....top tier talent is drafted in the lottery. Not to mention they are younger when they arrive on our team, opposed to being in their prime or past their prime at age 28 or 29.

Why would you even post this?

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
But my man the draft is flawed even more flawed than building through free agency. You are leaving your chances of success up to a lottery. It's like buying lottery tickets to pay the bills instead of working a job. The lottery is way more flawed than any type of situation you are criticizing.
Do you not understand yet???

I REALIZE WE AREN'T GOING TO BUILD THROUGH THE DRAFT!!!

WE HAVE NO PICKS...NOR WOULD I LIKE TO TRADE IN TO THE 1st round!!!

I am on board with 2010. I don't even know what premise you're arguing upon...this isn't making sense.

I simply stated that building through the draft would have been a good option before Isiah traded our picks away...capeesh?

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer
Have I not served the flaws to you on a silver platter already???

What if Bosh, Wade, and LeBron all choose to opt in to the final year of their contract?

What if Amare doesn't terminate his contract early, and instead reups with the Suns?

What if Joe Johnson reups with Atlanta as an RFA before we even get a shot at him?

We would end up with Carlos Boozer at BEST...and we're talking best case scenario. Is that not a flaw? Is 2010 flaw proof???

I THINK NOT.

We'll have cap space moving forward which is really nice, but 2010 doesn't automatically make us a contender...

What if they don't?

They are no flaws in having options that we haven't had in 10 years...

What if every draft pick we obtain needs microfracture surgery?

What if we have the worst record in the league next year and end up getting the 12th pick in the draft.

Taking a chance at unknown commodities is FLAWED if anything. Rethink it.

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer

WE HAVE NO PICKS...NOR WOULD I LIKE TO TRADE IN TO THE 1st draft!!!

I am on board with 2010. I don't even know what premise you're arguing upon...this isn't making sense.

I simply stated that building through the draft would have been a good option before Isiah traded our picks away...capeesh?

Hey finochh....settle down. I already apologized to you. Take a valium or a hit from the bong.

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer

WE HAVE NO PICKS...NOR WOULD I LIKE TO TRADE IN TO THE 1st round!!!

How long did it take chicago to build from the draft? At least a good decade. They drafted bums like Marcus Fizer and Eddy Curry and then they had the Jay WIlliams fiasco. And what are they looking to do this year to take their team to the next level? Free agency.

NYKnuniversity

Benchwarmer
How long did it take chicago to build from the draft? At least a good decade. They drafted bums like Marcus Fizer and Eddy Curry and then they had the Jay WIlliams fiasco. And what are they looking to do this year to take their team to the next level? Free agency.
Oh yeah...what got them in the position to be players in free agency???

Derek Rose, Luol Deng, Taj Gibson and Hinrich.

ALL DRAFT PICKS BY THE BULLS

That's the core. All Bull-drafted...smh

ibraheim718

Benchwarmer
Again My apologies. I just was scanning through some posts and saw your "flawed plan" statement and it irked me a little.