NEW YORK KNICKS vs.TORONTO RAPTORS - 11/10/2015 @ 7:30PM

Tough, gritty win. Bunch of guys stepped up tonight. This win was no joke, even against a Toronto team without a couple key pieces.

mafra

Legend
Wow, DeRozan layup hits every part of the rim before rolling out. Thomas secures the contested rebound and then ices it down the other end with free throws getting the lead back up to 4 with 3.7 seconds to go. Unexpected game ball goes to Thomas here.

and he travelled too, after catching he took two steps before dribbling. Refs have been awful tonight... TOR TV announcers complaining still about Melo stepping out of bounds, but calls have been terrible all night... Mostly against NYK.

Great team win. Never thought we would see .500 again. Melo had two points in first quarter, 17 in second, then 6 points in the second half.

Let's get Affalo back and we may be a semi-respectable team (especially if we ever get Melo back to his scoring form)... Solid game from Thomas, Calderon, Lopez...

galloway foolishly swooshes last FT... He should've missed it so game ends... Instead TOR got a shot to win it with a three... Phew.

DrB

Benchwarmer
N himo doubt Fisher sucks...we win despite

Derek fisher is a dick ... Why is he letting this lineup play for 4+ minutes? Smh
Wally on the POST GAME says "Fisher did a great job" at the end but the GODS were smiling..Melo stepped out and DeRozen misses a layup and thankfully Galloway sealed it. So Melo got away with murder. I will take it.

Kiyaman

Legend
This was a great solid Knicks win .. Melo still stinking up the 4th qtr. shooting 0 for 8
Fisher switch to Lance Thomas paid off big-time .. Lopez played BIG in the 2nd half
Great Knicks WIN down the stretch .. Lets Go Knicks !!!!!

tiger0330

Legend
Looks like I missed a good one. I'll catch it on replay. Back to a .500 record it can only get better with AA returning.

mafra

Legend
Wally on the POST GAME says "Fisher did a great job" at the end but the GODS were smiling..Melo stepped out and DeRozen misses a layup and thankfully Galloway sealed it. So Melo got away with murder. I will take it.

It is called "evening out" in the end. Look, TOR shot 39 free throws, to NY's 18 (a few of those came intentionally at the end)... On the play before, both Lowry and Johnson walked... And then Derozan travelled after that... As Melo said, yeah he stepped out but there were plenty of bad calls all night... And, TOR had a shot at the end anyway...

Melo was awful in the fourth... That Ill advised chuck 3 with NYK up 5, after the steal, with about 5 minutes left is just plain bad ball iq.

KNICKSTAPE NATION

Benchwarmer

I was talking about the line up we had with two minutes left in the first .. we were up 13 and then only up by 2 in a 4 min. span smh ... He sat down porzingis, melo and robin and had the whole bench playing against lowry and derozan. I also didn't like how Galloway barely played alongside Melo during the beginning of the game. This game shouldn't have been this close.

Kiyaman

Legend
Did coach Fisher win this Knicks game over Raptors? Yes he did!

I was surprise at the amount of minutes (29) given to Calderon in the game, I wasn't surprise about Galloway or Grant being in the same lineup with Calderon. Lopez was our big defensive monster who also attacked the offensive glass to give us 2nd shots for the win, I was happy that Fisher let Lopez stay in the game to foul out with a couple minutes left in game. Plus u have to like how Lance Thomas added hustle-help to the guard & forward rotation in the 2nd half, he became the MVP of a tight close game going down the wire. It was nice to see Amundson on the court this season, and Seraphine get some playing time. Our Rookie PK had two exciting moments in the game, but PK was no match for Scola, that should've been Melo n D.Will job. It look like D.Will minutes are getting shorter as the season goes on. Fisher has to force Melo & D.Will to become more active on the defensive end of the court like Lance Thomas. Big-Shot Early came in to hit a 3 ball shot at the buzzer at the end of 3rd qtr. Melo went NUT in the 3rd qtr. to score 17 pts in the qtr while his teammates started standing around (not good). Because in the 4th qtr Melo came in taking every shot on offense, after Melo missed 4 straight shots then committed a turnover the 5th time on offense, Calderon took a jumper and hit it then lopez hit a shot then Galloway hit a shot then Grant slashed to hit a shot then Galloway slashed to hit a shot, then Lance 3 ball n Gallo 3 ball with the Knicks team taking the win. Yeah! Melo stepping out of bounds could've gave the win away.

Here's the sports writers take on the Knicks win over Raptors ....
"Carmelo Anthony, Knicks hand Raptors first home loss, 111-109"
"Undermanned Raptors lose to Knicks, drop third straight"

mafra

Legend
I credit Fisher for sticking with the hot hand... That's what he did with Thomas in the fourth. Hopefully, our coach learns that you shouldn't always be married to strict rotation patterns. Early gave the team 5 big points. It's amazing how impactful and deep this rookie class... Glad to see even Winslow is looking like a two-way stud... Porzingis is a hunan highlight reel... Another monster putback, posterizing jam.

T.O Knick

Benchwarmer
Just love going to ACC to watch Knicks win...:cool:

4-4 without Afflalo a very pleasant surprise , early days but slowly starting to believe the playoffs a possibility.

tiger0330

Legend
I credit Fisher for sticking with the hot hand... That's what he did with Thomas in the fourth. Hopefully, our coach learns that you shouldn't always be married to strict rotation patterns. Early gave the team 5 big points. It's amazing how impactful and deep this rookie class... Glad to see even Winslow is looking like a two-way stud... Porzingis is a hunan highlight reel... Another monster putback, posterizing jam.
He also played all 13 guys something you almost never see except in a laugher when a team clears the bench to give guys a couple of minutes of playing time. I've praised and criticized Fish for his rotations and playing too many guys depending if we win or lose the game because I'm your typical knee jerk fan but the NY Post had a story about it today and it seems there is a method to his madness. He pulled the right strings for sure yesterday.:thup::thup::thup: