Game Thread: New York Knicks vs Detroit Pistons 8:00 10/21/2017 [Game #2]

tiger0330

Legend
Couldn't close this. KP got rejected on a nice spin move and clearly got fouled on the shot and couldn't corral a RB on the other end. Quinn, KP and Kanter had nice games so we have no problem with the FC but we're not winning many games with Sessions and Baker at PG.

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 15

and1

Rotation player
Couldn't close this. KP got rejected on a nice spin move and clearly got fouled on the shot and couldn't corral a RB on the other end. Quinn, KP and Kanter had nice games so we have no problem with the FC but we're not winning many games with Sessions and Baker at PG.

sessions wasn't too bad tonight. i could live with his performance tonight if our backup PG was solid. baker's got to step it up. i'm not his biggest fan to begin with, but i've seen him play better than this. he's got to dig DEEP.

Kiyaman

Legend
Other team makes halftime adjustments and we don?t. Seems like this has been happening for years.

We have/had the poorest coaching-staff in the NBA .. the last time we had a 2nd half plan Jason Kidd had on a Knicks jersey. None of the Knicks players or coaches watched last night game of Pistons vs Wizards

Im ready to trade our franchise player .. i have some great video clips of KP in the first half of this game to trade for Curry .. if i show the video clips of KP in the 2nd half of the game i will only get a late late 2nd round pick.

tiger0330

Legend
We have/had the poorest coaching-staff in the NBA .. the last time we had a 2nd half plan Jason Kidd had on a Knicks jersey. None of the Knicks players or coaches watched last night game of Pistons vs Wizards

Im ready to trade our franchise player .. i have some great video clips of KP in the first half of this game to trade for Curry .. if i show the video clips of KP in the 2nd half of the game i will only get a late late 2nd round pick.

Kiya what does KP have to do for you, the guy has a 30ppg avg. in 2 games, only Freak is shooting like that. If Frank can show anything the Knicks might figure it out this season.

Kiya what does KP have to do for you, the guy has a 30ppg avg. in 2 games, only Freak is shooting like that. If Frank can show anything the Knicks might figure it out this season.

KP played great tonight, but it?s like I was posting after the OKC game. I want wins, not stats. How valuable is a guy, even if he scores 30 ppg, if his team never wins. Like you said, Ntilikina is going to need to show something. If he was ever healthy, he is exactly the type of player to pair with offense-focused KP, THJ, and Kanter.

mafra

Legend
sessions wasn't too bad tonight. i could live with his performance tonight if our backup PG was solid. baker's got to step it up. i'm not his biggest fan to begin with, but i've seen him play better than this. he's got to dig DEEP.

Sessions mad Lee were a combined 4-16 with 4 turnovers and 5 assists. Neither would start on any other team but for some reasons both are starters here. Absolute garbage these 2 are and should not be playing nearly 30 minutes on a rebuilding team.

How did the ref miss an obvious offensive goaltending from Harris? You can't be an NBA official if you miss that.

Good news is KP looked the part again.... we got the loss.... and Horny a step closer to getting canned!

How is it possible he doesn't play WHG or Dotson? Screw this coach if he's gonna take valuable playing time away from the kids to play Sessions and Lee 30 minutes each.

If WHG isn't playing now.... what happens when Noah gets back?

mafra

Legend
KP played great tonight, but it?s like I was posting after the OKC game. I want wins, not stats. How valuable is a guy, even if he scores 30 ppg, if his team never wins. Like you said, Ntilikina is going to need to show something. If he was ever healthy, he is exactly the type of player to pair with offense-focused KP, THJ, and Kanter.

Put any all-star in NBA (other than Lebron or Westbrook) in a starting lineup with THJr, Sessions, Kanter, and Lee and see how many games Curry, Harden or anybody else win.

We have to look at the big picture.... there are some studs in the lottery and we need 1 of them. We are seeing growth in KP.... he's staying out of foul trouble and scoring points....

DET is a much better team and we still almost won the game bc KP is becoming something special.

Every loss gets us closer to where we need to be.

If We can somehow flip KOQ, LEE, Sessions for anything of value.... and if KP averages 28 & 8 and if WHG and Ntikilina show promise.... if Dougie or Beasley show they have a future here.... 12-70 is a successful year.

Put a stud next to kP!!! Only way to do that is to get a top 5 pick.

mafra

Legend
?The same. I?m still mad,? Hernangomez said. ?I cannot help the team win if I?m sitting on the bench. Two games in a row. It?s tough. I have to wait my moment. I cannot say nothing more.?

?It?s a competition. Guys earn their minutes,? Hornacek said. ?Willy?s done well. ? His opportunities will come.?

?I was mad,? Hernangomez said. ?But I have to keep working and wait for my moment. I know I?m ready. I showed last year I can play here. I really love playing here in New York. ? I want to win. This city and the fans, they love the effort, they love to win, so I try to show I can really play and help the team win.?

mafra

Legend
Look, the only reason we were in this game was b/c DET played last night and this was our home opener....

With that said, I'll say what I say after every home loss:

The NY Knicks play 82 road games.

For example, Home opener and it's a a close game down the stretch.... Reggie Jax penetrates late in the game, Seasions is guarding him as he drives down the lane, has his hand in his back, and Reggie shoots the ball and a foul is called. And it's and And-1.

Sessions didn't shove or push or alter RJ's direction or shot.... If this is a foul, teams would shoot 100+ free throws a game.

Then, a few minutes later.... 107-104 game.... KP drives to the basket.... is aggressive.... is the new face of the franchise, having a 30+ point game, on his home court, and Drummond gabs his arm and pulls it down as he drives.... Lol.... of course, this foul is "missed".

Not saying refs cost us the game.... but do the math... close game and DET gets 2 FTs while NY doesn't. In a 107-104 game.... a 3-point swimg is difference between 107-104 DET or 106-106 tie game.

Such is life right.

?A few of those plays at the end, I got fouled,? Porzingis said. ?Before the block (by Andre Drummond), somebody pulled my arm down. Obviously, it?s hard to see for sure. But I got fouled on that play.?

Yes, KP, it is hard to see... but so is seeing a hand resting on the back of RJ.

Last edited:

mafra

Legend
He becomes the first Knick to score 30-plus points in the season?s first two games since Patrick Ewing?s 1993-94 season when the Knicks made The Finals.

?Patrick Ewing is a legend,? Porzingis said. ?I wish I could have a career like him. It?s an honor.?

Porzingis missed a key free throw in the final 1:30 then had an inside shot blocked by Andre Drummond with 37 seconds left, after which he claimed he was fouled.

?I believe it?s a little bit of because of experience,? Porzingis said. ?They?re a more experienced team than us, and that was the difference. We settled for too many outside shots. We should?ve stayed inside ? especially me.?

Down three, Porzingis eschewed a 3-pointer and took it to the basket before Drummond ate him up.

?There were a few plays down the stretch I got fouled,? Porzingis said, confirming the Drummond block was one of them.

Porzingis said someone pulled his arm down before the block ? replays showed it was Drummond.

?It was hard to see,? Porzingis said. ?I felt the move was good, but I got fouled.??

mafra

Legend
?KP showed superstar status, glimpses of it,? O?Quinn said. ?I hate moral victories, but you have to take something out of it.?

Before the game, Pistons coach/general manager Stan Van Gundy said: ?There?s no easy matchup for him. He?s going to be a nightmare for years to come in this league.?

Geez, imagine if we let Melo walk to CHI and signed Harris as a free agent. Porzingis and Tobias would've been lethal.

The Dragon

Benchwarmer
I think we are in a good position, KP showed a lot of growth so far, he is playing in the post more and taking less threes. THJ is going to be ok. the big plus in the Melo trade is Kanter, and the point is, if you have a developed 25 years player, do you need to develop Willy? in my opinion Kanter is a better version of Willy, but a little older.
If Nilikina started playing i guess we will be in a much better position....

tiger0330

Legend
“KP showed superstar status, glimpses of it,” O’Quinn said. “I hate moral victories, but you have to take something out of it.”

Before the game, Pistons coach/general manager Stan Van Gundy said: “There’s no easy matchup for him. He’s going to be a nightmare for years to come in this league.”

Geez, imagine if we let Melo walk to CHI and signed Harris as a free agent. Porzingis and Tobias would've been lethal.
The kid should be very proud of what he's done so far this season. MVP, DPOY, one of the 3 All NBA teams we'll net him that 175M contract extension next year, if he produces at this rate for the season he's a lock for one of those franchise contracts.

tiger0330

Legend
?The same. I?m still mad,? Hernangomez said. ?I cannot help the team win if I?m sitting on the bench. Two games in a row. It?s tough. I have to wait my moment. I cannot say nothing more.?

?It?s a competition. Guys earn their minutes,? Hornacek said. ?Willy?s done well. ? His opportunities will come.?

?I was mad,? Hernangomez said. ?But I have to keep working and wait for my moment. I know I?m ready. I showed last year I can play here. I really love playing here in New York. ? I want to win. This city and the fans, they love the effort, they love to win, so I try to show I can really play and help the team win.?
I smell trouble and a locker problem with an unhappy player with him sooner rather than later. Can't make a case that he gives you more than Quinn or Kanter, lets see what kind of coach Horn is in making Bill happy.

Kiyaman

Legend

Well, It's up to u to go back stage n tell KP to please try to perform all the task the Freak does on court other than score .. Giannis is The Real Deal!
Giannis does not let any NBA player nor team Punk him in the 2nd half of any game.
Giannis n Kidd will take the sorry Bucks organization to the playoff again.

In the 2 games KP has average 10 points in the 2nd half plus shooting 30% fg in the 2nd half.
The Pistons Toliver PUNKED KP in the 2nd half of the game .. plus OKC Grant PUNKED KP in the 2nd half.
KP shot 8-10 in the first half, and 11-20 for the game .. the 2nd half of the game KP was our BIGGEST liability we kept giving the ball to while our double digit lead turned to a 2 point lead.

Teammates will not step up for a win when their future franchise player don't step-up on both sides of the court, especially during the 2nd half of a game when u play for the WIN.
When u watch our starters the first 6 minute of the 3rd quarter again, u will see how we loss a double digit lead and the game.
The majority of winning teams count on their star player to score in the 2nd half of the game.
We do not want any more first-option scoring stars like Marbury and Melo scoring 20 points in the first half and 6 or 10 points in the 2nd half of a losing game .. making the season a 23 or 31 win season.