New York Knicks at Milwaukee Bucks - Friday, 2/2/18 at 8PM

Broadway

All Star
Only Greak Freak could make that play, almost unfair how long he is. He's Gumby off animation into real life form

Hornacek, dude, your rotations are trash. Go ahead, say your useless garbage and pass the blame onto the players for a loss like usual, but dude, you stink as a coach.

mafra

Legend
Hey, let?s have the guy who is 2-22 shooting (and just missed 2 free throws) take the final shot. Brilliant call. I?m not sure there?s a Knick who knows how to set a pick

Broadway

All Star
The play should've been something inside the painted area, you could see they were going to switch everything out of the timeout. Well hey at least Knits played well and we gained another L for the OTTO

Broadway

All Star
Hey, let’s have the guy who is 2-22 shooting (and just missed 2 free throws) take the final shot. Brilliant call. I’m not sure there’s a Knick who knows how to set a pick

Who inbounded the ball was it Jack? Did we have another timeout?

mafra

Legend
Hornacek, dude, your rotations are trash. Go ahead, say your useless garbage and pass the blame onto the players for a loss like usual, but dude, you stink as a coach.

Team is going nowhere but the lottery so of course they don?t play WHG, Burke, or Dotson 1 minute. Lee and Jack, as usual, did nothing after halftime. Losing while playing kids is progress.... kids get valuable experience. NYK has been losing for 17 years, and they continue to do so playing agig vets. Makes no sense.

There was no offense in the 4th and yet Burke never made an appearance.

MIL had Delly-b-dova playing.... Burke would?ve ran circles around him.

HORN couldn?t draw up a play to get somebody a good look if his life depended on it. I doubt he makes it 1 week after season until he?s fired.

23-30... 7-21 on the road.

On the tank front, that was loss number 30 which means we now have the 10th most losses in the NBA. So, there?s that I guess.

mafra

Legend
Who inbounded the ball was it Jack? Did we have another timeout?

Anti had both arms wrapped around KP. Lol. They don?t call fouls on a star at home, unless it?s NYK and KP. Anyway, yeah, KP was wide open if he cut down paint. I think it was Jack inbounding in the side, after a timeout.

mafra

Legend
On the tank front, that was loss number 30 which means we now have the 10th most losses in the NBA. So, there?s that I guess.

30-51 vs 38-43 gets NYK to the same place come playoffs... home on the couch. But 8 game difference in standings could be difference between selecting 7th or 14th. What helps this team more next year?

There?s no chance whatsoever this team is even playing meaningful games the last few weeks.... they have no chance making the playoffs.

Timmy 1-14... 0-9 from 3... bricked 2 FTs with a minute left. Why is he even on the floor that final possession? The dude is now 2-26 shooting the last 2 games.... get him off the floor coach.

mafra

Legend
A real coach uses KP as a decoy and puts game in Knits hand. He was the best shooter tonight and he?s the future. Give the kid the ball and tell him to make a shot.

Obviously, everybody in the building knew NY wanted to hit KP for a 3.... duh!

30-51 vs 38-43 gets NYK to the same place come playoffs... home on the couch. But 8 game difference in standings could be difference between selecting 7th or 14th. What helps this team more next year?

There?s no chance whatsoever this team is even playing meaningful games the last few weeks.... they have no chance making the playoffs.

Timmy 1-14... 0-9 from 3... bricked 2 FTs with a minute left. Why is he even on the floor that final possession? The dude is now 2-26 shooting the last 2 games.... get him off the floor coach.

I think we all criticized him at the time, but I miss Coach Woodson and the way he used to manage JR Smith. Smith was an uber talent who fell in love with his jump shot and would go 1 for 11 some games, but Coach Woodson rode his ass and there were stretches where JR gave up his body and attacked the hoop and gave us great games.

On a night like this, if THJ was going to stay on the court, it should have been because he was sacrificing his body to break down the defense. We got 2 7-footers out there to follow him to the glass.

mafra

Legend
Lee played 38.5 minutes.
Jack played 31.5 minutes

Combined, they were 9-21 shooting. Attempted only 4 FTs. With these 2, Knicks don?t force turnover or get free throws or easy buckets in flow of offense.... to be fair to them, though, there is not offense.... no movement at all.

So, HOrN sticks with vets bc he is desperate for wins to save his job....
Knicks lost anyway....

Meanwhile, WHG, Burke, Dotson were DNP-CD bench cheerleaders.

mafra

Legend
What do teams do to KP? They send the double the moment he touches ball. 20 seconds left and MIL gets Anty the ball... where was the double?

Speaking of Anty... the dude has no handle... he had a carry, where he tried to dribble and ball bounced off his head... defies logic how it wasnt called a palming... Dude got away with a bunch of travels too. I wish KP got home cooking like we saw Anty be afforded by officials tonight. In a 1 possession game, how they allowed Anty free reign to do as he pleases, ignoring basic rules of the sport, was the difference.

Anty is fortunate he plays in this era where NBA ignores all moving violations.

What do teams do to KP? They send the double the moment he touches ball. 20 seconds left and MIL gets Anty the ball... where was the double?

Speaking of Anty... the dude has no handle... he had a carry, where he tried to dribble and ball bounced off his head... defies logic how it wasnt called a palming... Dude got away with a bunch of travels too. I wish KP got home cooking like we saw Anty he afforded by officials tonight. In a 1 possession game, how they allowed Anty free reign to do as he pleases, ignoring basic rules of the sport, was the difference.

Anty is fortunate he plays in this era where NBA ignores all moving violations.

It?s funny you say that. Wasn?t Ante the guy who not too long ago hit a game winner, but clearly stepped out of bounds and the refs didn?t call it?

mafra

Legend
It?s funny you say that. Wasn?t Ante the guy who not too long ago hit a game winner, but clearly stepped out of bounds and the refs didn?t call it?

Yes... And remember when he hit the game winner vs NY at MSG last year, remember he basically assaulted a Knick, tackling guy out of bounds.... refs don?t call a foul, but instead rule its NY?s ball.... Kidd calls for a replay.... Refs can?t replay a non-foul.... Refs award MIL the ball.

Anty isn?t that coordinated. Sure, for his size he is, but it?s almost laughable how his game is officiated. Again, Kanter was called for a push off bc as he turned around to square up to hoop, his elbow brushed the defender inadvertently.... a few possession later, Anty does his MJ impression and shoves defender as he steps back for a jumper... not called.

The reason why more and more bigs are excelling on the perimeter is bc NBA ignores the basic rules....

Even tonight, in the game winner, Anty spins a 360 degrees and jumps, lands and takes off again.

This isn?t rugby.... Point of the game is to be coordinated and graceful and being able to run catch dribble jump. NBA is now run catch jump run jump.

mafra

Legend
Remember when Knicks were 17-14? Then lost 2 in a row... some of us said season was lost...

Well, at 17-16 with a 20 game run on the schedule, with 16/20 on the road... the writing was clearly printed in the wall.

What did NYK do that 20 games? Well, they went 6-14 (including 3 losses to CHI, losses to LAK, MEM, and DEN and losing to NO at home).

Basically, at 17-14.... Knicks went 6-16 and are now 23-30. Another January collapse.

Remember when Knicks were 17-14? Then lost 2 in a row... some of us said season was lost...

Well, at 17-16 with a 20 game run on the schedule, with 16/20 on the road... the writing was clearly printed in the wall.

What did NYK do that 20 games? Well, they went 6-14 (including 3 losses to CHI, losses to LAK, MEM, and DEN and losing to NO at home).

Basically, at 17-14.... Knicks went 6-16 and are now 23-30. Another January collapse.

Yeah, you called it. Just frustrating. This team has been anti-silver lining. We play the vets too much and still lose. We somehow have ugly situations with both a young guy (WHG) and a veteran (Noah) at the same position. Our odds of flipping anyone for an asset at the trade deadline are low. Our odds of getting a high draft pick are low. Our odds of making the playoffs are low. I?m just bummed out at this point.