Knicks Pre-season

Dotson hitting a couple big shots to help close out this game. Bench is going crazy, but Dotson?s face is all business. He knows how bad a sign it is for him that he keeps getting the closing minutes in these preseason games.

tiger0330

Legend
attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 34

Kiyaman

Legend
Dotson hitting a couple big shots to help close out this game. Bench is going crazy, but Dotson’s face is all business. He knows how bad a sign it is for him that he keeps getting the closing minutes in these preseason games.

The dynamic performance we been getting from Trier the last two games, i'm ready to put Dotson and Timmy at the end of the bench on the must must trade list. If Trier have another great game against the NO Pelicans on Friday, i would have to give Trier a spot on the roster when the regular season begin as the back-up SG !!!
Trier and MitchRob has the creative talent/potential, that only need the playing time to challenge Miles Bridges and Sexton for ROY in the EAST.

Kiyaman

Legend
Wsup Tiger .. Thanks for the Game Stat sheet .. it looks like the coach Fizdale Knicks beat the Brooklyn Nets from not being a part of the new phoney NBA .. the Fizdale Knicks were wise to only take 5-15 3-ball shots compared to the dum Nets 8-41 3-ball shots LMFAO.
The average NBA team in the preseason games has been taken 30 or more 3 ball shots.

tiger0330

Legend
Wsup Tiger .. Thanks for the Game Stat sheet .. it looks like the coach Fizdale Knicks beat the Brooklyn Nets from not being a part of the new phoney NBA .. the Fizdale Knicks were wise to only take 5-15 3-ball shots compared to the dum Nets 8-41 3-ball shots LMFAO.
The average NBA team in the preseason games has been taken 30 or more 3 ball shots.
NP Kiya. 2-0 preseason, yeah baby I'll take it. Young guns are hungry, seeing an opportunity to make and maybe start on an NBA team, a chance you're going to get on very few teams.

tiger0330

Legend
Impressive performance by Trier, he's 6-7 along with 3 FTs. Don't forget Fiz praised him for his chase down blocks so he can come up with some defensive plays also. Breen talking about he's on a 2 way that they can convert to a regular contract but they have to cut a guaranteed contract, I guess that would be Noah but if they need another name, let me toss in Mudiay who has been a zero despite working on his game all summer along with this being a contract year where you would expect him to be playing out of his mind for his next deal.
Knicks have to cut one other player besides Noah to convert his contract into a regular one. NY Post suggested Baker, Dotson, Vonleh, Kornet. I don't think there's any urgency to do this until the season starts but I would add Mudiay to the list.

Kiyaman

Legend
Knicks have to cut one other player besides Noah to convert his contract into a regular one. NY Post suggested Baker, Dotson, Vonleh, Kornet. I don't think there's any urgency to do this until the season starts but I would add Mudiay to the list.

I would do a trade with the Minny Wolves for Butler ASAP before the regular season start .. giving them Timmy and Mudiay and a future first rounder.
I was very happy when we traded no defensive skills Timmy Hardway to win Jr. to Atlanta Hawks.
I never wanted Mudiay in a Knick uniform after watching his sorry performance on the Denver Nuggets for 2 season.
Dotson should have spent all last season in the G.League to become more creative on both sides of the court.
How come we resigned Baker, and did not resign Justin Holiday, or Langston Galloway who performance were 10 time better, makes me say Mills know as much about Basketball as James Dolan.

Last night Game vs the Nets .. I expected a lot of Knicks players to have outstanding performance like Kanter (22 pts, 20 rbd in 26 minute) and Trier ( 25 pts on 68% fg shooting in 26 minute). Timmy and Mudiay preseason performance disgust me !!!

When u have a offensive center like Kanter who lacks on the defensive-end , a wise head coach would put a young outstanding 2-Way Mitchell Robinson alongside of Kanter in a lineup to take pressure off the guards on defense having a shot blocker in the paint plus give the guards plenty of option n offense for pick n roll or pick n pop or going around a double screen to find the open man.
Yes, I believe rookie Mitchell Robinson athleticism and B,ball IQ could play the PF position in his rookie season 100 times better than raw KP did the past 3 sorry seasons !!!

tiger0330

Legend
I would do a trade with the Minny Wolves for Butler ASAP before the regular season start .. giving them Timmy and Mudiay and a future first rounder.
I was very happy when we traded no defensive skills Timmy Hardway to win Jr. to Atlanta Hawks.
I never wanted Mudiay in a Knick uniform after watching his sorry performance on the Denver Nuggets for 2 season.
Dotson should have spent all last season in the G.League to become more creative on both sides of the court.
How come we resigned Baker, and did not resign Justin Holiday, or Langston Galloway who performance were 10 time better, makes me say Mills know as much about Basketball as James Dolan.

Last night Game vs the Nets .. I expected a lot of Knicks players to have outstanding performance like Kanter (22 pts, 20 rbd in 26 minute) and Trier ( 25 pts on 68% fg shooting in 26 minute). Timmy and Mudiay preseason performance disgust me !!!

When u have a offensive center like Kanter who lacks on the defensive-end , a wise head coach would put a young outstanding 2-Way Mitchell Robinson alongside of Kanter in a lineup to take pressure off the guards on defense having a shot blocker in the paint plus give the guards plenty of option n offense for pick n roll or pick n pop or going around a double screen to find the open man.
Yes, I believe rookie Mitchell Robinson athleticism and B,ball IQ could play the PF position in his rookie season 100 times better than raw KP did the past 3 sorry seasons !!!
I'm a big fan of JB but he's a win now player better suited for a team like the Rockets but THJ Mudiay and a 1st would be like stealing him. Even if it blows up and he has some kind of hissy fit about playing with our rookies and doesn't resign with us in 2020 you get back 20M+ in cap space and all it cost you was a 1st rd pick and an overpaid THJ.

Kiyaman

Legend
I'm a big fan of JB but he's a win now player better suited for a team like the Rockets but THJ Mudiay and a 1st would be like stealing him. Even if it blows up and he has some kind of hissy fit about playing with our rookies and doesn't resign with us in 2020 you get back 20M+ in cap space and all it cost you was a 1st rd pick and an overpaid THJ.

The Wolves need a center to go in a lineup with KAT ....
I'm sure the Wolves coach Thibs are waiting patiently by Noah's door for the Knicks buy-out.
Kat would be able to do some amazing things having a 20 minute Noah in his lineup defending the paint each night, plus Noah always making the right pass to teammates.

JB messed up big time from getting on any team that will pay him max bucks .. by not keeping his mouth shut and play out the season as the Wolves leader.
The Wolves organization lost out on getting a fair exchange for Butler (Kawhi Trade), and to think the Wolves invested so much in the previous season to bring Butler to Minny.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
The Wolves need a center to go in a lineup with KAT ....
I'm sure the Wolves coach Thibs are waiting patiently by Noah's door for the Knicks buy-out.
Kat would be able to do some amazing things having a 20 minute Noah in his lineup defending the paint each night, plus Noah always making the right pass to teammates.

JB messed up big time from getting on any team that will pay him max bucks .. by not keeping his mouth shut and play out the season as the Wolves leader.
The Wolves organization lost out on getting a fair exchange for Butler (Kawhi Trade), and to think the Wolves invested so much in the previous season to bring Butler to Minny.

After tonight game vs NO Pelicans it will be obvious to all Knick fans whether Trier be long on the 15 man roster when the regular season begin. Especially if Trier has another dynamic scoring game. In the two preseason games Trier's 2-Way service and high scoring performance has taken (no defensive skills) Timmy Hardaway Jr. minutes at the SG position in a game rotation. In Timmy's 5 yr performance he has never showed he belong in a Starter lineup or a Finisher lineup in the NBA. Timmy has been best as a 6th man scorer coming off the bench to score at the end of the first qtr. and the start of the 2nd qtr., Timmy's 3rd qtr., and 4th qt. performance has always been inconsistent and questionable on the Knicks.

The Minny Wolves are a LOTTERY team in the strong Western conference without Butler this season ....
This is why i mention Timmy's high contract in a trade for Jimmy Butler, and we throw in Mudiay's contract too, a long with a first round pick, because Timmy and Mudiay need a hard strong defensive head coach Thibs on their back to make them into decent role-players. Plus Thibs could really use Joakim Noah's experience in his locker room and in the paint to help Gibson n Deng mentor KAT into playing trio position. And Thibs could force the Knicks to buy-out Noah to get Butler in the trade.

Mitchell Robinson out tonight with a sprained ankle. Fizdale starting Mudiay instead of Trey Burke tonight. Fizdale giving Mudiay a chance to prove he belongs on this roster.

tiger0330

Legend
Mitchell Robinson out tonight with a sprained ankle. Fizdale starting Mudiay instead of Trey Burke tonight. Fizdale giving Mudiay a chance to prove he belongs on this roster.
Fiz is a players coach trying to show Mudiay he hasn't lost confidence in him.

Vonleh just made a dunk in traffic in the 4th quarter that was about as physical a play as you can make.

If this preseason energy carries into the regular season, Fizdale may have something here in year 1.

Broadway

All Star
Fiz is a players coach trying to show Mudiay he hasn't lost confidence in him.

Disappointed in several players on this team Mudiay is one of them. He's SOFF point blank period! I know this won't be a popular opinion but I can't stand Trier's game...he's ULTRA selfish and I don't think his game will work long term once teams get film on him. No doubt in my mind he's a one trick pony mini J.R. young yrs Smith. Plays not a lick of D.

He's done enough to make the team though but I hope he stays in the G-League for a while

Don't like what I see from Knits nor Knox(want to see more Summer League Knox). Knox seems too cavalier and detached at times. Knits simply zero improvement in his game. It's cool working on moves during the summer, in a gym all alone when no one is really guarding you...live games are different.

I love the way Hezonja and Vonleh play, what a breath of fresh air and change of pace they will be for what they bring. I hope they get more and more minutes as the season moves along. Fiz is doing his best with what he's got. I won't be too hard on him until necessary.

Last edited:

tiger0330

Legend
Disappointed in several players on this team Mudiay is one of them. He's SOFF point blank period! I know this won't be a popular opinion but I can't stand Trier's game...he's ULTRA selfish and I don't think his game will work long term once teams get film on him. No doubt in my mind he's a one trick pony mini J.R. young yrs Smith. Plays not a lick of D.

He's done enough to make the team though but I hope he stays in the G-League for a while

Don't like what I see from Knits nor Knox(want to see more Summer League Knox). Knox seems too cavalier and detached at times. Knits simply zero improvement in his game. It's cool working on moves during the summer, in a gym all alone when no one is really guarding you...live games are different.

I love the way Hezonja and Vonleh play, what a breath of fresh air and change of pace they will be for what they bring. I hope they get more and more minutes as the season moves along. Fiz is doing his best with what he's got. I won't be too hard on him until necessary.
I actually suggested Trier be given a shot at PG because the 3 guys that are supposed to be competing for the job aren't getting it done. Mudiay just can't play, getting in condition losing that weight, playing all summer and in his contract year and this is how he opens up the season. Nits just isn't a PG which Clyde confirmed last game, Trey might be the best of the 3 but he's not starting for any team in the NBA. Trier might come back to earth but I've seen some nice dimes from him and him and THJ might be the best back court the Knicks put out there. Even with an underwhelming back court we're 3-0 in the pre-season, I'll take it even if it doesn't mean much.

tiger0330

Legend
I said with all these guys that preceded him that said they wanted to change the culture, Fiz seems to actually be doing it. He's different, a lot of coaches are called player's coaches but he really is, hardly ever see a head coach come on to the floor and help an injured player off the court like he did helping MRob off after he sprained his ankle.

Now if he can only inspire one of those guys that were supposed to challenge for that starting PG position, they mentioned possibly cutting Mudiay to make room for Trier, if he plays like he has in the last 3 games, he'll be playing in China next year.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend

There should not be any disappointment .. when our Training-Camp open having only one legit NBA starter (Kanter) on a roster full of young core players, plus two many 2nd chance tier-3 raw players like Timmy Mudiay Vonleh Mario and Lance Thomas.
Our training-camp did not have competitor competition players to improve or enlighten any of our many young-core players on the roster for a grimy 82 game season. The reason i felt the need for Joakim Noah's veteran experience in training-camp and in our locker-room throughout this season.
I'm glad we do have a great defensive guard in Frank Nitty to defend and improve our offensive guards creative performance in scoring during training camp. I was hoping veteran Courtney Lee defensive skills wouldve been healthy throughout training camp and preseason to tandem with Frank Nitty in the backcourt to help coach Fizdale select the best meshing backcourt pair out of players Mudiay/Burke/Timmy/Dotson/Trier in training-camp practice and the preseason games.

Last night coach Fizdale put Mudiay and Timmy as our backcourt starters vs NO Pelicans, maybe because both guards were in a slump in the 2 previous preseason games. Well the two guards Mudiay & Timmy played well together as a tandem throughout last night game combining for 11 dimes in 24 minute. Maybe Fizdale need to keep playing the pair together, by bringing the two off the bench to back-up our open season starters Frank and Burke.

When the season start center Kanter will need much more help in the paint then what Lance Thomas or Vonleh bring to the table !!!