we need STEPH!!! we want STEPH!!!!!!!!!

portega1968

El Cacique
If they can put him on waivers, maybe some team will bite and grab him. It will get the Knicks off the hook financially.

off the hook financially is not a possibility... the only amount we would save by waving him is... of the $22mil that Steph is owed, any savings would be equal to half of his new salary estimated at a million and a half; in other words less than a million.

quoting Phil Collins "Can you feel it coming in the air tonight, oh Lord, oh Lord"... the day is near when Steph will be playing for Miami or Boston, will come back to MSG and just burn our guards over and over and over again with the added bonus of NY paying him $20mil for doing that.

The price we pay for the mismanagement of this franchise... Dolan, Thomas and Layden should burn in hell.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Yeah I'm in shock he hasn't been on the floor for 1 second. I know he is not the future, but shit let him play out his last season here!! Coming off the bench might be interesting and he is very skilled. If you have Roberson playing, why not Marbury!!!!! I wish this saga was history already, getting tired of this crap. Let's see what walsh decides in the next days.

Blumatic

Rotation player
As of late I have not been a big fan of Stephon Marbury, strictly for his antics and not putting team first. But I am a firm believer of giving someone a fresh start every year.

I like Coach D, but his handling of the situation is rubbing me the wrong way. Steph has at times humiliated this franchise but you don't try to humiliate a player like the coach is doing.

I see no evidence that Steph can't run this system this year. And the reason why i see no evidence is because Coach D has never given STeph a legitimate shot at it.

Personally I will mark this as a BIG NEGATIVE on coach D'Antoni because you don't this to players. Steph has done nothing wrong this year to be treated like this.

If STeph gone, he's gone. He wasn't much of a factor for the Knicks, but this situation right now is just wrong.

Excellent thread, mikelee. D'Antoni is tanking an entire season, by not playing Marbury. Chris Duhon sucks. His stats can be seen on my signature. I will update his stats after every game, so that everyone can see just how much Duhon sucks.

You are the man, its embarrassing to see this clown Duhon try to run an offense, 90% hes not even running it, he passes to Randolph at the top of the key beyond the 3 point line lol i die laughing when i see that

richtree

Rotation player
Just wondering....does a buyout go against the salary cap....

or does the original contract still work against the cap....

cause teams would do this more often....

I don't see why he would take a buyout when he's making 20mil a year, and the knicks are getting crushed...

it makes him look great......

oh well...........back to watching crawford's mal-nutrition in action

moneyg

Starter
can somebody answer this honestly.

if d'antoni is not playing steph because he is not in the plans for the future.....then why the hell is he playing malik rose????? u should of waive rose and kept ewing jr. this whole situation samkes me sick :barf:and marbury is not to blame this time

steph ...... dont take a penny less than what they owe u and smile the whole time ur in a suit on the bench.:smokin:

Trin_Starr

Starter
It counts against salary cap but you don't pay the luxury tax on it which is the financial benefit of having it done.

mikelee

Rookie
can somebody answer this honestly.

if d'antoni is not playing steph because he is not in the plans for the future.....then why the hell is he playing malik rose????? u should of waive rose and kept ewing jr. this whole situation samkes me sick :barf:and marbury is not to blame this time

steph ...... dont take a penny less than what they owe u and smile the whole time ur in a suit on the bench.:smokin:

thank you!!! why the hell mike play malik rose instead of marbury if he thinks both of the men are not in the future plans, and plus WTH can malik rose do for him, at least marbury can run the offense and be the general of the floor.

Knicks1stLady

Benchwarmer
look at how bad did the knicks played in last two games, crawford is not fitting into D'Antoni's system , only scores 1 point in NYK vs Bucks's game, and i dont know why MIke is not using him since stephon had a strong preseason and playing collins in front of him, that's stupid. i believe that stephon marbury could make the knicks better and run their plays better.

Great thread!!!

PLAY STEPHON MARBURY NOW!!!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
thank you!!! why the hell mike play malik rose instead of marbury if he thinks both of the men are not in the future plans, and plus WTH can malik rose do for him, at least marbury can run the offense and be the general of the floor.

Simple. Jared Jeffries is injured.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Why do we need Steph to play? So we can have maybe 3-5 more wins than we will get without him? Is that really important? He is not part of this team anymore, get over it. I do think we should buy him out, now. He's even a cancer when he's being good. This is a Dolan move, that's obvious. Steph would have been gone before training camp if Dolan would have allowed a buyout.
Are you serious? The Knicks would have 3-5 more wins with Marbury? Marbury's a cancer?

If Marbury is such a cancer, why have the Knicks gotten their ass kicked without him, in each of the last two games?

At times, you make great posts, but posts like this put you on the same level with Getrealistic, Dr. Carpy, and Jimkchief.

King Ewing

Banned
PLEASE, PLEASE dont ever again say "we". I'd rather watch the Knicks lose without Marbury and grow, then watch the same old Marbury Knicks. Marbury sucks and I'm so sick and tired of seeing him on our bench, he garbage and has done nothing for this team. I just dont get the love affair with some of you guys.

Marbury in 5 years = ZERO playoff wins. ZERO!

King Ewing

Banned
If Marbury is such a cancer, why have the Knicks gotten their ass kicked without him, in each of the last two games?

We have gotten our ass kick the last few games because we are a bad team learning a new system. This has nothing to do with Marbury, Marbury sucks just end it guys. If Marbury was such a good player he would have given us at least 1 playoff win in the last 5 years, but he hasn't! He's garbage and I enjoy Knicks basketball so much more without him.

DunkinDonuts

Benchwarmer
One man carrying a team to a playoff victory..... I never realized how the competition in the east sucked so much. Thanks for letting us know.

Trin_Starr

Starter
PLEASE, PLEASE dont ever again say "we". I'd rather watch the Knicks lose without Marbury and grow, then watch the same old Marbury Knicks. Marbury sucks and I'm so sick and tired of seeing him on our bench, he garbage and has done nothing for this team. I just dont get the love affair with some of you guys.

Marbury in 5 years = ZERO playoff wins. ZERO!

And your point is???

The first year Marbury got here, in early January, he led the Knicks on a major turnaround and into the 2004 playoffs.

The next season Jamal Crawford got here. The rest is history: 33-49, 23-59, 33-49, 23-59.

Why is it only Marbury's fault and not the fault of Crawford, Curry, Quentin, Nate etc.

Marbury is the lone player left from that playoff season.

courtesy Berman's blog -
http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/knicks/archives/2008/10/mikes_not_in_ph.html

jimkcchief88

All Star
Are you serious? The Knicks would have 3-5 more wins with Marbury? Marbury's a cancer?

At times, you make great posts, but posts like this put you on the same level with Getrealistic, Dr. Carpy, and Jimkchief.

Reporting for duty. Told you all when D'antoni arrived Steph would be done. Team Starbury needs to do thier History homework: D'antoni in, "Starbury" out. Same thing happened in Phoenix. Right or wrong. Learn about it, know about it. My problem is the fact that if that was the plan, than why did we waste a high draft pick on the "Big Cock" when thier were great PG's on the draft board??? Maybe Walsh and D'antoni were hoping they could move Steph during the offseason which was a pipe dream because the entire NBA knows Steph is trouble esp. for his dollars. Obviously this signals a true rebuild in NY without Steph. Why let a lame duck QB the team??? What I am wondering is if Steph ends up in Miami, what is "Team Starbury" gonna do??? Start rooting for our hated rivals??? Say it isn't so....