we need STEPH!!! we want STEPH!!!!!!!!!

mynameis

Benchwarmer
Iwanna see steph starting at SG...put Crawful at the bench....He still the same old Jamal Crawful..he suck get him out of New york

KBlack25

Starter
What Stephen A. Smith said on the Michael Kay show Re: Stephon Marbury...this isn't exact but it's the Gist:

"He's a very nice guy off the court, very friendly but he really believes only God can tell him what to do. He doesn't believe he has to listen to an agent, he doesn't believe he has to listen to a coach, he doesn't believe he has to listen to a team president, what Stephon needs in order to do something is some sort of divine intervention. That's the only thing Steph believes he has to listen to."

Smith and Marbury are pretty good friends as far as I know, it makes me think Steph might be a little bit...off.

King Ewing

Banned
And your point is???

The first year Marbury got here, in early January, he led the Knicks on a major turnaround and into the 2004 playoffs.

The next season Jamal Crawford got here. The rest is history: 33-49, 23-59, 33-49, 23-59.

Why is it only Marbury's fault and not the fault of Crawford, Curry, Quentin, Nate etc.

Marbury is the lone player left from that playoff season.

courtesy Berman's blog -
http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/knicks/archives/2008/10/mikes_not_in_ph.html

A major turnaround? What the heck are you talking about? We got swept in the first round of the playoffs and finished the regular season 39-43!! Thats not even .500! We were the 7th seed in what might be the all time worst Eastern conf playoff bracket ever! Come on man!

And for the record you never heard me say anything positive about Crawford, Curry, Nate, or Q, but you have to start somewhere and right now thats with Marbury. If it were up to me Nate, Marbury, Curry, and Crawford would all be gone!

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Are you serious? The Knicks would have 3-5 more wins with Marbury? Marbury's a cancer?

If Marbury is such a cancer, why have the Knicks gotten their ass kicked without him, in each of the last two games?

At times, you make great posts, but posts like this put you on the same level with Getrealistic, Dr. Carpy, and Jimkchief.

This whole team sucks man. Sorry, but Mebury aint that good anymore. He couldn't lead this team to anything other than a few more wins. That's it.

The only reason I was calling Mebury a cancer (jokingly) was because he's still a distraction, even when he's not playing. He needs to go.

I know it's difficult for Mebury lovers to accept, but Mebury is partly responsible for the crap he's dealing with now. If he hadn't pissed off the entire franchise, maybe he would be playing. And, if he wasn't so stubborn about demanding "every penny, not a penny less" of his contract, then he would have been bought out by now and playing somewhere else. He's an idiot for not having an agent help him out with this. If he thinks he deserves every penny, then he's delusional. He certainly has not earned $21.9 million. Hasn't he made enough money? Damn. Just take $18 million and be on your way.

JayJ44

Starter
Reporting for duty. Told you all when D'antoni arrived Steph would be done. Team Starbury needs to do thier History homework: D'antoni in, "Starbury" out. Same thing happened in Phoenix. Right or wrong. Learn about it, know about it. My problem is the fact that if that was the plan, than why did we waste a high draft pick on the "Big Cock" when thier were great PG's on the draft board??? Maybe Walsh and D'antoni were hoping they could move Steph during the offseason which was a pipe dream because the entire NBA knows Steph is trouble esp. for his dollars. Obviously this signals a true rebuild in NY without Steph. Why let a lame duck QB the team??? What I am wondering is if Steph ends up in Miami, what is "Team Starbury" gonna do??? Start rooting for our hated rivals??? Say it isn't so....

Most of the point guards left in the draft were more scorers than pure point guards. The next draft has a couple more better point guard prospects, such as Rubio and Jennings. Also, Gallo can be used as a point forward when he gets a little older.

richtree

Rotation player
you know what's funny is if you gave me all the rejects from MIKEY D's "system" I would win more games as a coach this year...

MIKEY D's TEAM OUTCAST

C- Curry
PF- B.Lopez (He passed for Dannio)
SF- Ewing Jr.
SG- Allan Houston (cause I needed someone else)
PG- Marbury

Then I pick up the rest through the D League and Free Agency., and I bet I would win more games that the Knicks

moneyg

Starter
yea, u r right, sorry that i forgot that jeffries was injured....:gony:

understood. then why not play marbury until u get jefferies back. should the future start when jefferies comes back

also, then u should be playing gallinari instead of rose.

my last point.... why are we trying to get a discount buyout from marbury when its way cheaper to buy out jjames. the media is saying its way to expensive to buyout jjames for 12 mil instead of buying out marbury for 22. i dont get it. why not keep ewing jr for the future???. why not play jjames over malik if we have him for an extra year. at least he can block shots.:smokin:

Starks

Starter
What Stephen A. Smith said on the Michael Kay show Re: Stephon Marbury...this isn't exact but it's the Gist:

"He's a very nice guy off the court, very friendly but he really believes only God can tell him what to do. He doesn't believe he has to listen to an agent, he doesn't believe he has to listen to a coach, he doesn't believe he has to listen to a team president, what Stephon needs in order to do something is some sort of divine intervention. That's the only thing Steph believes he has to listen to."

Smith and Marbury are pretty good friends as far as I know, it makes me think Steph might be a little bit...off.

Religion is a hel'ova drug

nyk_nyk

All Star
If he thinks he deserves every penny, then he's delusional. He certainly has not earned $21.9 million. Hasn't he made enough money? Damn. Just take $18 million and be on your way.[/quote]

What he thinks he deserves is irrelevent. He signed a guaranteed contract for a specified amount. He's physically able to play and can still be an impact on the court so why should he accept a penny less? Allan Houston got ALL his money when he couldn't even play so why would Steph accept less?

I think its stupid of you to tell someone to forego $4mil of their money. How about you allow your job to take 20% of your pay next month? I don't think so.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I think its stupid of you to tell someone to forego $4mil of their money. How about you allow your job to take 20% of your pay next month? I don't think so.

Terrible example. If I blackmailed my boss and pissed off all of my co-workers, I would have been fired.

If he wants to play somewhere, he should take the discounted buyout. He can make it up with another contract.

Starks

Starter
If he thinks he deserves every penny, then he's delusional. He certainly has not earned $21.9 million. Hasn't he made enough money? Damn. Just take $18 million and be on your way.

What he thinks he deserves is irrelevent. He signed a guaranteed contract for a specified amount. He's physically able to play and can still be an impact on the court so why should he accept a penny less? Allan Houston got ALL his money when he couldn't even play so why would Steph accept less?

I think its stupid of you to tell someone to forego $4mil of their money. How about you allow your job to take 20% of your pay next month? I don't think so.[/QUOTE]

Mark my words. If I was getting 21 mil and was offered 18 mil to walk away, I would do it. And if I really had pride, and loved basketball, I would play for the Vet Minimum with another team.

What's so hard about that? Not everyone in the world is a rich pig. Don't call me a communist, but the rich in this country need to be stablized

jzero29

Rotation player
We need steph like a hole in the head.

We need steph like we need extra holes in our head. D'antoni from the team you put out on the floor stand point is right. It gives him plenty of time to develope and play the future of this team. It gives him every game to see if a guy like roberson can make it, to see if nate and collins can pick up slack. The answer to those questions could be no, but going into next year at least the knicks will be able to make a decision and not second guess.

I'm not saying steph isn't the best player on the knicks, He obviously is. But his 22mill contract is practiacally unmovable, unless he performs like he used to. Won't happen for 2 reasons, 1 he's not his old slef and 2 he'd have to get fed the ball all the time constantly, it would just kill the development of the rest of the team, not just individuals but the team chemistry and flow as a unit, big time. And then he is gong to be gone anyway so whats the point??? Not to mention his negative effect on his teamates. Notice not one of them has came to his defense or supported him, they all take the high
road? ever wonder why?

SO anyway, steph has gotten the short end here, but it makes sense to me. D'antoni wants to improve and develope the future of this team, not an individuals trade value. Sure could playing steph increase his value, yes...will it increase to being worth 22mill to another team? probably not. So why bother. Lets all just ove on and let this story die like it should.

moneyg

Starter

Mark my words. If I was getting 21 mil and was offered 18 mil to walk away, I would do it. And if I really had pride, and loved basketball, I would play for the Vet Minimum with another team.

What's so hard about that? Not everyone in the world is a rich pig. Don't call me a communist, but the rich in this country need to be stablized[/quote]

its simple. if marbury played well this season he would get a nice contract offer from another team. when the knicks try to make him look bad, it forces other temas to offer him less as a free agent. so in fact, walsh and d'antoni are stealing money from him as we speak. so if i was steph i would not budge. an eye for an eye.

Starks

Starter

What's so hard about that? Not everyone in the world is a rich pig. Don't call me a communist, but the rich in this country need to be stablized[/QUOTE]

Wait a minute, I didn't type anythig until the mark my words part. Is there a foum glitch???

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Marburys from coney island. He didnt grow up with money. I wouldnt take no less then 21 million if i was him. Like i said id rather see him get all this money then most other people. Money is the root of all evil but at the same time money can do great things for less fortunate people. I guess no one cares about the "robin hood theory" nowadays, take from the rich and give to the poor.

jzero29

Rotation player
It's not stephs fault.

It's not stephs fault. He has done nothing wrong, since the start of camp. He has trained hard, participated in preseason and was trying to be the good soldier. The money issue with steph, who cares, it's his money, he has wanted to play for the knicks forever and now he can't, does he take the buyout and try and leave this team, that he loves and has been trying to do right thing as far as getting ready?

mikelee

Rookie
everybody was blaming marbury, i dunno why. he tried to play his best since the start of the training camp and had a pretty strong preseason and mike is not playing him in the season games, and marbury could be the next Nash because marbury took less shots than he did last season and he passed the ball more and he ran the plays well in the preseason. SIGH!!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Marbs is in the best shape of his life came motivated and excited about playing D'Antoni's uptempo style ad he played really well in the preseason and looked like he'll make a return to the allstar team and become comeback player of the year then next thing you know D'Antoni does him like Curry and dosn't want to play him

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
What? Ha! :teeth:

What the heck are you talking about man? Where in the world did you come up with that?

dude marbury came into training camp in the best shape of his life and was a beast during the preseason he got to the rim/foul line whenever he wanted