we need STEPH!!! we want STEPH!!!!!!!!!

Toons

is the Bo$$
dude marbury came into training camp in the best shape of his life and was a beast during the preseason he got to the rim/foul line whenever he wanted

he is being paid 21 million....he should have been in the best shape of his life 4 years ago.
beast? marbury? what game were you watchin?

stephonmarbury8

Benchwarmer
heres reality, and reality means weather you love him hate him or dont know who he is. he got that contract and he is owed 22 million. then they dont tell him (from my knowledge) that he wont be playing for the forseeable future, and then you think he is gunna take less money to leave. thats laughable, a complete joke, thats like saying your gunna stick it to me twice. cmon. what he deserves, i dont care if he had a shitty attitude, cheated on his wife, walked out on 1000 dollar tabs, stole a car. he is owed that money cause two parties signed on the dotted line. end of story. the rest is up to him, and im sure as hell not gunna say anything about accepting less money that you are owed.

Starks

Starter
For the ones that don't care about the money issue, how do you all feel about President Elect Obama's Tax Policy?

Might be opening up a can of worms here, but it might lead to some interesting points of view who say Marbury's salary isn't an issue to them

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
Regarding Steph

I believe that Steph is not playing because of management. Has nothing to do with the coach. I believe D'antoni would start him every game if he wasn't being told not to use him. I also believe the main reason they are doing this is because this is Steph's last contract year and they know he is going elsewhere after this season, they are trying to save some money by buying him out. Since Steph doesn't have an agent to negotiate for him, negotiations are going nowhere. He wants all of it, they don't wanna pay, so they trying to make him suffer on the bench to see if he will get tired and change his mind. Accept buy out and go elsewhere, if he signs somewhere else they would save even more. Plus they can play the rookies and give them some much needed burn time.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Look, Steph is a great backcourt guy, but that means little, if you lack frontcourt strength. Look at the Lakers, pre-Gasol and post-Shaq. In the in-between time, without a big man, despite Kobe's presence, this team stunk.

Backcourt guys are important, but, if they don't have a good big man to guarantee 90 percent of defensive rebounds and intimidate penetrators (help defense), in addition to getting a few impact buckets, down low, they can do little to achieve success for a team.

If, for example, you were to put Marbury on the magic, in place of Jameer Nelson, he'd thrive, playing alongside a big man of Dwight Howard's caliber. If you remember how well we were doing, when we had Nazr Mohamed (shot blocker, with some post-up skills), Kurt Thomas and Tim Thomas, as opposed to when we got Curry, Richardson and various other front court guys, you can clearly see why the knicks have failed to be successful: Isiah didn't want to give Lenny Wilkens, and our players, the time needed for them to gel. Crawford and Marbury, with a good big man in the middle (Gasol should have been acquired, when he was available), would guarantee, in my opinion, serious contention for a playoff spot.

As things are, the Knicks are going to be a lottery team. Hopefully, they don't select another bust.

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
toons i agree Marbs should've been this ready physically 4 years ago but thats in the past now, he's in the best shape of his career NOW so why isnt he playing NOW i doubt D'Antoni is benching Marbs cause he wasnt looking as good as good ans he does now 4 years ago(no homo) Marbs was getting to the basket anytime he wanted....and did you watch the game aganist the Celtics House couldnt gaurd him for shit

metrocard

Legend
toons i agree Marbs should've been this ready physically 4 years ago but thats in the past now, he's in the best shape of his career NOW so why isnt he playing NOW i doubt D'Antoni is benching Marbs cause he wasnt looking as good as good ans he does now 4 years ago(no homo) Marbs was getting to the basket anytime he wanted....and did you watch the game aganist the Celtics House couldnt gaurd him for shit

Well said.

jpz17

Starter
Marbury has the second highest salary in the nba behind KG.. This year he is expected to make[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$21,937,500 this year...
No matter what we do NO team would trade for him unless we wanted to take on cap..
No matter what we do Marburys salary wont go away if we cut him..
He only has ONE more year!
His contract is not an issue........
We need to frget about the money with Steph because frankly, we should be happy hes on our team.....
Thats
[/FONT][FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]$21,937,500[/FONT] OFF THE CAP

Obviously a we are a rebuilding team.. And rebuilding teams want good cap room....
The Knicks are 98 mil in payroll right now.. CLE has 90

A team that won 23 games last year with the 6th pick is the worst cap space team in the nba

When Marbury salary goes away (21 mil) they go down to 77 mil...

77 puts them down to 7th on the list.....

Also this year Malik Rose gets his contract off....

So we are looking at a 70 million dollar payroll next year..

As of right now, 70 ranks 13th in the NBA. In one they go from 1st by 8mil to 13th.

Now what can we do with 28 mil off the cap? We are still over...

Nothing. But it helps so much for the future..

Next year we'll have Q-Rich's salary go away.. 9 mil off the cap..
Jerome James-6mil off

Duhon 6mil off..
Nate, Lee, and Roberson are also off...

After that year our salary will be......... 45mil!!!!! but, we only have 7 players..... Say Lee resigns, 7 mil.... We have 52.. Say Nate gets 5mil, 57mil... Lets see where 57mil ranks in the NBA right now...

27th!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marbury's salary is a good thing for NY, and is NOT and issue. The only issue, is if you would want to throw the season.. and I say, no. Give NYK fans a break, we had about 5 years of ISIAH. Try keeping fan with him for that long..
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][/FONT]

richtree

Rotation player
anyone mention Jamal Crawford is a piece of garbage.....

He took money from a booster to play at Michigan...

and when the school got caught he took off to the nba...

and he pretends like he had nothing to do with it....

I should have purchased a gym membership with the booster money he got ...

his skinny ass...

Paul1355

All Star
anyone mention Jamal Crawford is a piece of garbage.....

He took money from a booster to play at Michigan...

and when the school got caught he took off to the nba...

and he pretends like he had nothing to do with it....

I should have purchased a gym membership with the booster money he got ...

his skinny ass...

Is this another OJ Mayo story?