2013 Playoffs - Round 2 Game 4 / Knicks @ Pacers - 05/14 7:00 pm

rady

Administrator
Staff member
playoffs_header.png

nykind_4.jpg

Hello and welcome to the 2013 NBA Playoffs Game 4 between our New York Knicks and the Indiana Pacers

The New York Knicks lost game 3 in Indy and are now in a dangerous situation. Here's a preview from ESPN of what can we expect tonight

There's not much to say about this game, the Pacers are a tough nut to crack. Hibbert has been doing disappointingly well against Chandler throughout the whole series. JR appears to be in an early vacation and Melo while scores, still struggles and forces a lot of jump shots. Game 4 must have a different approach. Less isolations for Melo and JR, more ball movement, more playtime for Pablo and Cope. Also, Camby deserves some playtime, at 39 he can rebound better than Chandler, this guy needs to get in the paint! A loss tonight will pretty much compromise the series, there's no way New York can get 3 straight wins against these guys. This said, I still believe the Knicks are the better team and they should be able to even the series before returning to MSG!

480424_474943929244821_157562795_n.png

(Image courtesy of http://www.facebook.com/NewYorkKnicksMemes)

Other facts that happened on this day:
In 2000, the Knicks tied the series 2-2 with the Miami Heat after a 91-83 win at MSG. Charlie Ward scored 20 pts including New York's last 9.

Starting lineups
nyk_4.jpg

ind_2.jpg

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Will one-plan headcoach Woodson surprise us for a Game-4 WIN??? :crossfingers::crossfingers::crossfingers:
First-seed Spurs are losing their series 1-3 to GS Warriors
2nd-seed OKC is losing their series 1-3 to Memphis Grizz

Originally Posted by ronoranina
I agree we should play bigger. We should have been doing this the whole season though. I don't know if we can just switch up now. Playing that way goes against what we've been doing all year.

Frankly we've been running Mike D'antoni's offense, using his small ball philosophy, and we combined it with Woodie's defensive scrupples and it has gotten us this far.

I doubt Woodson will make any major changes, but we will see.
If Woodson dont make some major changes in Game-4 .. then Woodson is not a legit playoff head-coach.

Is Woodson a legit postseason headcoach with various strategic plans to win 4 games vs the NBA elite above .500 teams with star-base talent to in a 7 Game series?
How do Woody defeat a Big-man team like: Gasol / Hibbert / Noah / Duncan / Tyson
How do Woody defeat a top scorer-player team like: Melo / Durant / Lebron / Kobe / D.Wade / Curry
How do Woody defeat an elite playmaker Team like: CP3 / D.Rose / Westbrook / Parker

knicksince 93

Rotation player
If no shump or jr we're as good as done... Can melo dig deep and and lead us. Can stat be pushed to 20 minutes and don't play the next game. can stat sacrifice those minutes knowing that we need him but he may not be able to play the rest of the way of the series.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Kiyaman

Legend
If no shump or jr we're as good as done... Can melo dig deep and and lead us. Can stat be pushed to 20 minutes and don't play the next game. can stat sacrifice those minutes knowing that we need him but he may not be able to play the rest of the way of the series.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

This Game-4 Knicks-WIN .. will be based on Felton's contribution, and Woody's substitution rotation.

If Woody havnt been doing his homework on the last 3 games vs the Pacers, and what Knicks lineup was successful on offense (45% outside scoring are a must vs Pacers), and defense (defensive-rebounding are a must vs Pacers) .. our chances in Indiana rowdy-loud stadium are very slim if we dont make both these changes in Game-4
We have the roster that was suppose to sweep both Boston & Pacers .. what happen is mystery to me

KingCharles34

All Star
Rady that picture of Marc Gasol, Tyson Chandler and JR smith has me in tears :lol:

Any word on how many minutes Amare can play tonight? I hope we can use him more, we need his offense. I hope we can find a way to get this win over the Pacemakers tonight and give Shump more time to get his knee right hopefully

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Def a must win. Melo needs an efficient scoring night. Chandler needs to be a beast on the glass. And we need at least 30 points from our guards collectively.

deenice

Rookie
Positive Vibes for the Knicks tonite!

Def a must win. Melo needs an efficient scoring night. Chandler needs to be a beast on the glass. And we need at least 30 points from our guards collectively.

Chandler needs to come up big tonite and he will.

Ray Felton and Chandler need to play together, more high screen and rolls and Felton driving to basket. Cannot do that lob play because of the big fella. So , more tear drop shots from Felton!

Melo, drive to the rack and draw fouls. His three point shooting has been horrendous so take them to the rack!

Pablo and Kidd need to have decent minutes and strong defense.
:afro:

NewYork

Benchwarmer
A lot of the times when someone comes out and says what needs to be said whether out on the media or not, it will seem like the person is pointing fingers. I don't think Chandler was pointing fingers, he was just simply stating the obvious about the necessity for unselfish play. The main problem wasn't defense although, Pacers wrecked us on the boards because that's what their game consists of. The main problem was our offense. It was too predictable and easy to defend. The Pacers had 82 points. We couldn't top that. Our offense sucked. Chandler was voicing his opinion. He already won a ring and he knows what kind of unselfish team play the team needs to win. He simply saw what the problem was and he voiced it out. I appreciate his voice because most people will say the "right" political things and give no value of truth out into the media. He is definitely a leader in the Knicks and people need to take what he said and learn from it or the Knicks are done for. You can be a little bitch about it and be angry that he said that and say he's complaining or you can take it like a man and think about it and learn from it. I can totally see that he wants to win, and that's mad respect to him because he already has a ring and he is still hungry for another one. The rest of the people on the team need to listen up to what he says. The team WILL NOT go any further without trust in each other's abilities, or allowing the other person to shine for night.